Food that fills you up for under 4 bucks (with tax?)

ITDEFX

CAGiversary!
Feedback
13 (100%)
good grief wtf is happening with MCD's, BK, Wendy's...all there combos are starting at 5 bucks and higher. Can't afford a tripple cheese combo at Wendy's without hitting the 7 dollar mark.

So I will start off with McD's.

2 1 dollar double cheese burgers with no pickles
1 medium coke

with tax 3.15 ish

damn salty though

damn ...all the mcdonalds around me only have the regular cheeseburgers for a buck now...

the wendys nuggets meal is a good deal though...for $3.99...cheapest i can think of at the moment

[quote name='sblymnlcrymnl']Can't go wrong with Taco Bell. :cool: :lol:[/QUOTE]

yeah you can get like 3 of those half pound burritos and a drink for it

[quote name='Jedi1979']damn ...all the mcdonalds around me only have the regular cheeseburgers for a buck now...

the wendys nuggets meal is a good deal though...for $3.99...cheapest i can think of at the moment[/QUOTE]

i dont know if they still have it since the last time i saw it was in miami, Fl back in 1999, but they had 29 cents/39 cents hamburger/cheeseburgers respectavly. i could make my own tripple cheese burgers for under a buck 50.

[quote name='Ikohn4ever']yeah you can get like 3 of those half pound burritos and a drink for it[/QUOTE]

but does that put you over 4 dollars?

[quote name='ITDEFX']but can anyone tell me why combos are getting so expensive??!?!?[/QUOTE]

Because if the consumer will pay it than they will charge it.

[quote name='ITDEFX']but can anyone tell me why combos are getting so expensive??!?!?[/QUOTE]

Because our nation is getting fatter, so thus they eat more fast food. The Fast food chains recognize this and jack up there prices knowing that Americans need their fix of fast food and will pay whatever price the companies ask.

[quote name='ITDEFX']but does that put you over 4 dollars?[/QUOTE]

i dunno but def 2 and a drink is good, it really depends on your area too

You can get a pint of fried rice and an egg roll from most Chinese restaurants for under three bucks. It should fill you up for about an hour.

Taco Bell is perfect for this... 2 double-decker tacos and a small soda and you're looking at like $3.50... eliminate the drink and it's $2.13 :lol:

[quote name='mr ryles']Because our nation is getting fatter, so thus they eat more fast food. The Fast food chains recognize this and jack up there prices knowing that Americans need their fix of fast food and will pay whatever price the companies ask.[/QUOTE]

LOL some idiot at work the other day told me the reason why is because we are running out of cows lol.

to pay fat lawsuits, same as cost of cigarettes. wouldn't surprise me if the gov't comes up with a 'fat tax' on fast food and junk food to discourage poor eating habits.

also, cost of living is going up. gas prices, education, housing, etc. wages are due to increase soon to keep up.

[quote name='ITDEFX']LOL some idiot at work the other day told me the reason why is because we are running out of cows lol.[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't be suprised. Just like gas prices are rising cuz we're running out of oil. There will soon be a national shortage of cows. We will have to resort to other resources such as horse, or maybe we'll just invade the Hindu's and take all there worship cows.

[quote name='b0bx13']Leave out the soda and get water instead. Saves you $1.50-$2 at most places.[/QUOTE]

Sorry but water and grease don't mix.

[quote name='Graystone']For $6 bucks you can get a damn good giant burrito from chipotles.[/QUOTE]

I was super unimpressed with this place. You can get a much better burrito, much cheaper, from just about any good mexican joint.

[quote name='mr ryles']Sorry but water and grease don't mix.[/QUOTE]

and what do you think the main ingredient in soda is? :roll:

[quote name='jimbodan']and what do you think the main ingredient in soda is? :roll:[/QUOTE]

ya but with a bunch of extra added goodies. The human body is 90% water. But I don't think that I taste like water.

omg i always eat this WENDYS is the bomb
off dollar menu
1 baked potato
1 ceasar side salad
1 chicken mcnuggets (for chicken caesar salad)
water
3 dollars + tax

if you like you can add a small frosty/soquid to your meal (4 dollars + tax)

if you're ever in vancouver and want to eat cheap there's plenty of pizza shops that sell for $1-1.50/slice. also you can usually get an 18-24 piece sushi combo at japanese restaurants for about 6 bucks. 6 bucks also gets you 2 teen burgers at a&w. one of my cold weather favorites is the tim horton's chili combo (cup of chili, bun, donut, and a drink) for about 6 bucks too. i know half that list is above the 4 dollar mark, but it's hard to get full (and have a halfway decent tasting meal) for less than that.

Sure you could eat pretty cheap at Taco Bell everyday, but eventually you're gonna have to call a plumber when your toilet backs up.

[quote name='Diiz']I was super unimpressed with this place. You can get a much better burrito, much cheaper, from just about any good mexican joint.[/QUOTE]

What I really like about Chipotle is the high-quality steak they use. Haven't been able to find such awesomeness elsewhere.

[quote name='Mind_n_Soul']omg i always eat this WENDYS is the bomb
off dollar menu
1 baked potato
1 ceasar side salad
1 chicken mcnuggets (for chicken caesar salad)
[/QUOTE]
Wendy's doesn't have McAnything.

[quote name='Stoneage']Wendy's doesn't have McAnything.[/QUOTE]

You reminded me of this guy who asked for a Big Mac at Burger King.... anyways

2 Vietnamese sandwiches (1 regular for $1.50) and some asian drink for 69 cents or something usually keeps me filled up for 3 hours or 2.

Usually, when I'm doing my once weekly fast food run, I'll go to Carl's Jr and get

2 Big Burgers
large fry
large soda

comes out to about 5.50 total and fills me up for the whole day. About 1600 calories total, so I might have a small snack shortly before bed.

Skip the drink when you see its running you $2. I drink to much soda anyway so there is certain places I know its $2 and I just get water. Good example is fuddruckers fountain drinks are $1.99.

Eat out at lunch and it always saves a few bucks at places.

stop at a super market and there are hundreds of things to buy for under 4$ that will fill you up and not give you a heart attack.

Wendy's has the student pop, so you save yourself $1 if you spend $3. I usually get something like:

1 5 piece nugget
1 Crispy Chicken sandwhich
1 order of medium-sized fries
1 student coke (free refills!)

It comes out to like... $3.18 or something?

[quote name='Diiz']I was super unimpressed with this place. You can get a much better burrito, much cheaper, from just about any good mexican joint.[/QUOTE]

As a Cook I can appreciate that place. They cook their steak to medium-rare. They make everything in the morning like a good restaurant they're not fast food IMO.
They use cumin, cilantro, and other great spices and herbs. How could you not love them.

[quote name='Pookymeister1234']Costco:

Jumbo Hot Dog with drink(free refills) - $1.50[/quote]

Oh god yes. That's the best deal ever.

a standard meal for me is some udon and hot pocket together... it'll run you less than 60 cents and is pretty damn filling (and unhealthy). can't beat that.

Also, if you go to BK or Mcdonalds, buy a regular burger, then ask for a burger patty (or a few) seperate. A Jr.Whopper with two whopper patties will cost 2 bucks and will last you a whole day pretty much. That's the cheap mans way of a a double whatever sandwich.

[quote name='zewone']I've been hearing lots of good things about Chipotle lately. Gonna have to go check it out tomorrow.[/QUOTE]

It's also interesting (and some of you may not be aware) that Chipotle is owned by McDonalds - a TOTALLY different vibe of course. The new trend among fast food joints is to have sub-divisions / entire new chains that do HEALTHY fast food alternatives. Jack-In-The-Box also has JBX which strives along those lines.

I wanna check out this Wendy's student deals from the looks of the other poster you get alot for $ 3.15 ;)

REWN

In my town we have a local pizza place called Pizza Quick. $5 for a large pizza or $2 for the best breadsticks in the world. Either one will fill me up.

You could buy a box of pasta for about $0.30 and a jar of sauce for $1 and drink a water... of course you'd have to cook it yourself. My favorite lunch these days has been some Smart Start - $4 for a box that lasts a week.

smart start?

freeze dried noodles, fried egg, spices n' shit, anything else, half a ramen packet = dankness for less than 1.50.

I'm thinking about wendy's today ... Maybe a couple jr. bacon chee's, or crispy chickens. Possibly one and a small chili. And a small frosty. :drool: :drool: :drool: :lol: :cool:

bread's done
Back