Former Michigan coach Bo Schembechler dies at 77

[quote name='BlaqRenaissance']ESPN

Schembechler collapsed Friday during the taping of a television show and was taken by ambulance to a hospital.[/QUOTE]

I friggin depressed...i had to go for a walk to clear my mind. I really hope we win tomorrow.

It's a very sad day for all of college football, not just Michigan fans. I am a Oregon Duck fan and this is a hella depressing day.

You know, it seems wrong to say, but the timing seems really odd. Though, Bo was having heart trouble, I wonder if the "1 vs 2" was just too much for it. It's been hyped here in Michigan (and I'm sure Ohio as well) for the past 2 weeks, since each team had weak opponents last week.

If you were writing a story, this almost seems like a cliche plot twist. Old loveble coach dies the day before the biggest game of their lives. Now, go out and win one for the coach.

Might not be a bad time to put a few bucks on Michigan plus the line here. :)

[quote name='H-Town Info']great coach and legend of not just college football but football period.[/QUOTE]
Legend, period. He's contributed so much to the community here in Michigan, to charities, and to countless fans who live and die with every play of every game.

Coming from a UofM student...you'll be missed, Bo, and despite the fact that I'm too young to remember your coaching career, I can say without a doubt that we'll miss you and appreciate you immensely, probably more than you would have guessed or even wanted.

Of course, there's one thing left to do to get the storybook ending...Go Blue, and win one for Bo tomorrow. Winning against OSU is a fitting tribute to a man whose life was so defined by that school, that rivalry, and Woody Hayes. :)

[quote name='Gothic_Walrus']Legend, period. He's contributed so much to the community here in Michigan, to charities, and to countless fans who live and die with every play of every game.

Coming from a UofM student...you'll be missed, Bo, and despite the fact that I'm too young to remember your coaching career, I can say without a doubt that we'll miss you and appreciate you immensely, probably more than you would have guessed or even wanted.

Of course, there's one thing left to do to get the storybook ending...Go Blue, and win one for Bo tomorrow. Winning against OSU is a fitting tribute to a man whose life was so defined by that school, that rivalry, and Woody Hayes. :)[/quote]

Couldn't have said it any better myself. RIP Bo. Go Blue.

I wonder when Disney is going to buy the rights to this story.

Seriously though..I always liked the guy, especially since my parents tried teaching me his name when I was learning how to talk. I still randomly say his name while im driving in the car just for fun :)

I can't believe he kicked it on the day before the greatest regular season college football game ever to be played in a generation.

I head him say many times over the years that watching games in his retirement was very stressful since he was so emotionally attatched to the game. Someone else said that stress might have been too much and I have to agree. Hell, I know how emotional I get just watching the game on TV, I can't imagine what it was like for him to watch a freshman quarterback throw on 1st and 10.

Bo, I'll be raising my glass to you right before kickoff, but I know the only way you'll really rest in peace is if Michigan pulls out a win tomorrow.

RIP Glenn "Bo'' Schembechler.

bread's done
Back