Forza Horizon 3 - Gen. Discussion Available Xbox One & Win 10 - Hot Wheels now Available!

So i'm finally online, oh hello CAG club. Was able to have all the Rewards Credits from Forza Hub and instead of 1.8 M credits I got 4M now hahahaha.

Got the Countach LP5000 QV HE free, sweet!

maxresdefault.jpg

As a heads up, there's a Valetine's Day challenge going on today.

Did you get the latest Forzathon, super easy as long as you've got a Subaru.

Yeah I'm totally confused, a ton of my achievements seem to not be unlocking, like drive down every road (which I have), upgrading Festivals 10 times (which I did) and restore all barn finds (which are). Oddly enough it shows correct in the game but the achievements are fubared? On one of the stats, it shows it on the Blizzard Mountain tab/screen, which I don't have, so maybe that's messing things up. Super annoying whatever it is.

Ahhhh, this weekend's Forzathon is so so. There are parts that are easy, win a race get a Bentley GT and there are parts that are hard, complete a playground game. Nobody wants to do those lol finally someone had it in a line up for the online session I joined, did Infected and badoop got the last challenge.

After being online for a long time nobody wanted to do those and I figured I'd time to exit online adventure. Put a bunch of my winnings together, and help with rewards from Forza Hub, and using one of my discounted perks I grabbed the Ferrari FXX K with a sweet Transformers livery. Oh man pretty nice.

Btw, available to all players, just check your messages, the Tamo Racemo;

Trailer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=beJtl1rrJI0

Screens:

cb6ed56c-b3d3-48c7-9b1e-32be8efe7d1a.jpg

213c8ef5-9ad3-4850-a307-3d28a5873b17.jpg

eecce4e6-7871-4ff5-9794-ffacf3b9ef14.jpg

c3c0d580-2c79-4b05-8b04-09c27ef89abe.jpg

https://www.forzamotorsport.net/en-us/news/fh3_tamo_racemo

Last edited by a moderator:
FYI, Blizzard Mountain is on sale this week ($10), I picked it up! Wasn't expecting it to be this early but I'll def take it.

Screenshot-Original.png

Yeah apparently you don't want to play this game offline for a long time because it messes up your achievements?! I have all the roads, barn finds, perks and upgrade fesitval to level 5 completed but the achievements are broken. A lot of people have talked about this on their end and have found a solution to go offline, delete your save file, start a new game and get a few things unlocked (like a new festival/perks/etc) and then delete your save file again, then go online. Supposedly reconnecting and launching the game the broken achievements will then pop. They didn't for me, only one did and it was an achievement for Blizzard Mountain, the location I was playing last night. God, drive down every road aaaaaaaannnndd nope I don't know that you did that playing offline, fuck you.

Yup, make sure you play on the 18th. They are having a 1 day Forzathon for the 918.
Probably, obvious by now but I had the date wrong... Its the 18th, tomorrow, for the 918. All you have to do is do an airborne pass.

Remember you only have a 24 hour period to get it. It starts in like 17:24 minutes from this post.

Yeah got the 911 GT3 RS 4.0 from last forzathon. Was away with family this weekend but came back and grabbed it Sunday night!
[attachment=26337:4-17-2017_1-01-04_AM.png]

Yeah got the 911 GT3 RS 4.0 from last forzathon. Was away with family this weekend but came back and grabbed it Sunday night!
4-17-2017_1-01-04_AM.png
Made sure I got in on Saturday night too. Haven't used it yet, but I'm also not a big Porsche fan, so that's partly why. I wanted to make sure I got it though since I thought I saw a challenge or something having to do with winning a race with a Porsche.

Made sure I got in on Saturday night too. Haven't used it yet, but I'm also not a big Porsche fan, so that's partly why. I wanted to make sure I got it though since I thought I saw a challenge or something having to do with winning a race with a Porsche.
Yeah, I was thinking I might need it for the 918, which is pretty much the only Porsche I care about.

Anyhow, the car from the last Forzathon is pretty solid.

Well they're said to just not be done, shows up as Locked Achievement. I played the game offline for many months and all the achievements I got then are not finished. No other game has done this to me. Maybe I haven't looked at the right page or whatever but I think I'm screwed. I even tried the offline trick to no avail. If it was any other game I wouldn't care, but FH3 is all tied into my Forza Hub stats and I can get a higher tier but no I still need the gamerscore in FH3, gah.

This weekend's Frozathon is on, up for grabs a Porsche 959, fairly easy to get too (complete a championship).

PSA: for the Lumberjack challenge, you need to go to the Dry Reservoir and knock over the white tree stumps, pretty easy to do if you've got the hog.

I mopped up all 4 challenges in about 45 minutes, the 3 Star Drift Challenge being the hardest but if you have Blizzard Mountain, just go there and use the snow and ice to your advantage.

This weekend's Frozathon is on, up for grabs a Porsche 959, fairly easy to get too (complete a championship).

PSA: for the Lumberjack challenge, you need to go to the Dry Reservoir and knock over the white tree stumps, pretty easy to do if you've got the hog.

I mopped up all 4 challenges in about 45 minutes, the 3 Star Drift Challenge being the hardest but if you have Blizzard Mountain, just go there and use the snow and ice to your advantage.
I knocked out all of them but the Lumberjack one on Saturday morning.

I worked on a few of the other PR stunts afterwords and got a bunch of Drift Zones and a few Danger Signs done. Thanks to some tips from one of my friends I was finally able to get the two that were giving me the hardest time (Yarra Valley's lumber mill and the one near the festival that involves jumping the massive valley). I got really lucky on the Lumbermill Danger Sign as I actually skidded my front end along the roof of the warehouse and it didn't end my jump measurement.

http://xboxclips.com/AttackingMVP/b949544b-1666-42e3-ae75-ef962949016a/embed

The 28 second mark is the attempt that actually counted.

Lol, that's why I play on Xbox. My Windows 10 computer keeps wanting to update to a creative whatever update and I just keep clicking remind me later.

Was able to knock out another 13 achievements last night.  Thankfully I was finally able to get the PR Superstar achievement done for getting 3 stars on all PR events.  That one was an absolute pain as there were 1 speed trap I must have spent an hour or two trying to get and must have used 4 or 5 different cars but was finally able to get it. It is the northern most one in Byron Bay southwest of the shipwreck and I think it is actually a Yarra Valley icon.

I was also able to knock out most of the Blizzard Mountain achievements. I have 6 left, one will be easy and then I think 3 of them are just more of a grind and two are online related.

Yeah I still have that PR achievement to go, no worries It'll happen eventually lol. I actually found, while traveling to the championship, with the Aston Martin DB5, that it's a great drifting car believe it or not!

Yeah I still have that PR achievement to go, no worries It'll happen eventually lol. I actually found, while traveling to the championship, with the Aston Martin DB5, that it's a great drifting car believe it or not!
See I read the Challenge wrong and was using the Vulcan at first and realized that car maxed out with AWD on it is an absolute monster for drfiting. It is easy to rack up score since it is so fast as well. I used that for about 5 or 6 stunts. Then I switched to the DB5 and finished off the challenge.

This weekend's Forzathon is pretty easy to pull off & will net you a lot of XP and a barn find rumor:

34429719275_04e3b281ae_c.jpg
They are really easy. I think I knocked all of them out in 30-45 minutes last night a couple hours after it went live. I also created a Championship last night to knock out that achievement for creating a championship with 10 events and 100+ miles of racing. I threw in 3 circuit races that are 15 laps each and then bought the temporary perk for 3X XP for skill chains in the next three championship races. Should be interesting to see how much I gain.

They are really easy. I think I knocked all of them out in 30-45 minutes last night a couple hours after it went live. I also created a Championship last night to knock out that achievement for creating a championship with 10 events and 100+ miles of racing. I threw in 3 circuit races that are 15 laps each and then bought the temporary perk for 3X XP for skill chains in the next three championship races. Should be interesting to see how much I gain.
I run, or did when I played the game regularly, a number of the smaller tracks at 25 laps while also doing the championship XP perk... The gain is pretty impressive if you can keep your chains going. The Ford Raptor HE (credits) or the Ram Rummer HE (Destruction) are pretty awesome on the off road tracks.

I think my favorite is the rain forest circuit with its 40-45 second laps.

Yeah I was in my Porsche 911 Turbo 3.3 and did a head to head and got the barn find that way. Went to the airfield and competed in a drag race in the same car, lol got 3rd actually. The longest one was trying to get three stars on one of my PR jumps I still needed to max. Yeah I also just used the temp credits/xp boost along with free upgrade and 5% purchase discount perks last night.

Hot Wheels expansion is up, and it's insane!

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/redirect.php?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.microsoft.com%2Fen-us%2Fstore%2Fp%2Fforza-horizon-3-hot-wheels%2F9nhpkzzpbcw1&pid=13711579

The Forza Horizon 3 Hot Wheels expansion is the ultimate playground for cars! Located off the coast of Australia, this chain of islands is here to make your Hot Wheels fantasies come to life with loops, corkscrews, boost pads, high bank turns, half-pipes, insane jumps - and even mechanical dinosaurs! Race ten new cars including Hot Wheels icons like the Twin Mill and Boneshaker. Create custom Hot Wheels events by swapping out stunt track sections and dare your friends to try them. Also included is a new hidden barn find car to discover, new Xbox Live Achievements, new Bucket Lists, Rivals, new multiplayer arenas and more. Available for purchase separately, or as part of the Forza Horizon 3 Expansion Pass.
OP updated as well.

Just bought the hot wheels expansion but I can't access any of the content.

I don't have gold membership and I just started playing this game. I've read that I need to get further in the game to access hot wheels content?

Also, hot wheels freeroam is locked and needs gold membership to use feature?

Damn I hope this 20$ doesn't turn out to be an 80$ purchase if I gotta buy gold membership to play.

Per any expansion or DLC content, yes you need to get to a certain amount of the game to unlock the ability to go there. Blizzard Mountain and Hot Wheels islands are more harder compared to the base game so I'd assume the devs made it so that you'd have to have at best a good grasp of car handling and/or sizeable garage to choose from.

"We asked the Hot Wheels engineers how they did all this and they asked how the Horizon engineers reversed time."

Hahaha, maybe they used some help:

480x204xvlcsnap-2014-08-24-22h00m21s333-480x204.jpg.pagespeed.ic.bNhCd7nXnW.jpg

Anyways, there's a lot of that 4th wall joking in this DLC, quite easily the best DLC for Forza imo.

"We asked the Hot Wheels engineers how they did all this and they asked how the Horizon engineers reversed time."

Hahaha, maybe they used some help:

480x204xvlcsnap-2014-08-24-22h00m21s333-480x204.jpg.pagespeed.ic.bNhCd7nXnW.jpg

Anyways, there's a lot of that 4th wall joking in this DLC, quite easily the best DLC for Forza imo.
I've been noticing a lot of small jokes in there too. They definitely have given me a good laugh with the humor in this DLC.

Got to spend some real time with the expansion and, wow, its pretty damn awesome.  Improvements to PC performance seem to be legit too.  I pretty much rock a solid 72 FPS.

Anyhow, there's an achievement for it so I'm sure everyone will find out about it soon or have already but I was having issues with one of the challenges and went to swap the weather to get more natural wheel slip (drift) without having to lose speed and found out you can swap parts of the track!

They really did an awesome job.

So I guess I never noticed this before, but buying the Ultimate Edition doesn't give you the expansion packs?  Was all excited to start the Hot Wheels DLC today but its making me buy it.  Gonna have to go get some credit now, damn.

I can't get the damn achievement for doing the finale in the 2010 Pagani in under 6:30. I have hit 6:40 at least three times lol

I can't get the damn achievement for doing the finale in the 2010 Pagani in under 6:30. I have hit 6:40 at least three times lol
I ran that race in my P1 before even realizing I need to do it in a Pagani... heh.

My laps have been around 6:21-24 so it's doable.

You're not running a stock Zonda are you? Swap rear wheel drive for AWD and get the bigger and wider tires. The car is fast enough so your upgrades should be about getting better handling.

If need be I can post my setup on the market place when I get home from work in the morning.

Oh, you can also swap the tricks for loops as they are much faster to get through.

Lastly, one of the boss rewards lets you skip to the start at the front instead of somewhere in the rear. That can be a helpful perk to use if traffic is an issue.

Here's my run in the P1. Oh you can change the weather also. No need to do it in the rain like I did in the video.

https://youtu.be/tswhf9NFAQY

Forzathon for a Porsche today and today only!

Edit:  I lied.  Its a Lambo, which I already had but now have two off...

Its not the simplest of challenges and I actually had to use another person's tune...  Search for tune creator SatNiteEduardo

Yeah it took me like 8 tries but I finally got the Airport Danger Sign to 3 stars with a 560FT jump with the perfect line.
That one was a pain in the ass. So many rewinds used. I think I ended up getting ti with the Nomad. I just remember multiple times getting the distances and then sliding into the freight container/building/wall that was right near the end of it. I think that one and the Saw Mill were the two hardest ones for me. The saw mill one actually ended up somewhat glitching for me as I actually hit the rooftop with my front end and slid across the last few feed before going further and it still counting.

Yeah a bunch of stunt challenges for this weekend's Forzathon, all of May shown below:

33943007760_5e8ab8c014_c.jpg
FYI, the last forzathon is this weekend.

I was able to get the 3 Star Speed Zone one near the airport in the west of the outback on a S like series of road. Your Extreme Track Toys should be able to do high speed cornering with good grip. For the Online Adventure, make sure you finish 4 races so if you join in with a previous session already going, you'll need to wait for the next session to start.

bread's done
Back