FORZA Motorsport 2 - Gen Discussion - March Pack Due 3/19 - 400pts - 13 New Cars!

[quote name='Spades22']Nice looks like the official google car :p. How'd you get those letters so good? o_O[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the feedback. I just used some of the basic vinyl's from the first page to modify existing letters. The only one I had to make from scratch was the lower case g.

Once you create certain shapes, can you copy and paste them...like for instance, the Google car, could you copy Google and paste it somewhere else on the car?

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Once you create certain shapes, can you copy and paste them...like for instance, the Google car, could you copy Google and paste it somewhere else on the car?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, you can save the group of shapes. Even put them on another car.

Can you have fun with this game without bothering to customize the cars? Asking because I like the demo but I know I'll never take my time to tune the cars. Just want to race and buy new cars.

[quote name='TC']Can you have fun with this game without bothering to customize the cars? Asking because I like the demo but I know I'll never take my time to tune the cars. Just want to race and buy new cars.[/quote]
yea, the racing is still the main part and is fun...lots of cars to buy/collect as well

yeaaa....i figured out that i'm not that good at this...but i did my best :p

http://img164.imageshack.us/my.php?image=forzaunchoodiu2.jpg

I don't really bother customizing them cosmetically aside from a body kit maybe, but I think you have to tune your car to do well online.

Though you can still have plenty of fun.

[quote name='red flare graf']I don't really bother customizing them cosmetically aside from a body kit maybe, but I think you have to tune your car to do well online.

Though you can still have plenty of fun.[/QUOTE]

Ok cool I don't really plan to race online. Unless its with friends. Thanks for the replies.

[quote name='TC']Can you have fun with this game without bothering to customize the cars? Asking because I like the demo but I know I'll never take my time to tune the cars. Just want to race and buy new cars.[/QUOTE]
Yes. You'll want to buy new parts for your car ala Body Kits, Spoilers, new engine and such.

If you're looking for a great racing simulation, Forza Motorsport 2 will fit perfectly for you. Check out my video review as I show you some of the cool new features of the game.

Youtube link - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vz4Dg6Itxlo

If you have any questions, comments, or suggestions, please leave them in this thread. Thanks

I ran my first online races last night using tuned up, D class cars but had very little luck.

My first car was the Buick Regal GNX and while it's very fast on straights (considering it's PI is only 400), playing without assists on with that car is pretty tough. I decided to switch it up and go with the Civic VTi, tuned as close to 400 as I could get it. The handling was very good but I was losing ground right off the bat due to it's poor acceleration. Next up I'm going to try and build a D class S13 Silvia, hopefully it'll be an ideal balance of better handling than the GNX along with more speed than the Civic.

Tons of people seem to use the Eagle Talon and the Cobalt SS with good results but I'm trying to stick with something that doesn't get used as much.

[quote name='Halo05']Tons of people seem to use the Eagle Talon and the Cobalt SS with good results but I'm trying to stick with something that doesn't get used as much.[/QUOTE]

I have noticed that.. I drive an Eclipse GSX, which is the same as the Talon. It totally sucked in Forza 1, online anyway, but I can actually smoke some people with it in 2. I usually shoot off of the starting line and have a huge lead.. people can outcorner me though.

I was determined to use it in Forza 1 because I own two real 2nd gen Eclipses. I'm glad it can hold up in Forza 2.. because if it didn't, I'd just be using it anyway and losing all the time.

Here's my Trueno. Nothing great, just the standard decals. I've not yet attempted any "freehand" type graphics.

anyone else surprised by the way they throw free cars at you for every fucking thing you win?

guess I'm just used to Gran Turismo series... They give you cars, but jesus it's been two days with the game and I have over a dozen cars, and have only purchased one of them.

I noticed that too, but it's a nice surprise.

As much as I love the game, I do think the RWD cars spinning out it a tad overdone over real life.

I'm so happy I didn't let the demo ultimately influence my decision.

[quote name='velvet396']anyone else surprised by the way they throw free cars at you for every fucking thing you win?[/quote]

Yeah but it's retarded that dirt is worth more if you try to sell those prize cars. :roll:

[quote name='VipFREAK']Yeah but it's retarded that dirt is worth more if you try to sell those prize cars. :roll:[/QUOTE]

Well what they are basically doing is giving you a new car with a different drivetarain so you can compete in the other races without buying a new car. I like it.

[quote name='Halo05']

Tons of people seem to use the Eagle Talon and the Cobalt SS with good results but I'm trying to stick with something that doesn't get used as much.[/QUOTE]

Anyone have pics of the Talon from the game? I actually have a Talon Tsi and wanted to see the game version.

Wow! Same rims and everything. I think I'm going to try out the demo and pick this up tomorrow if I dig it.

Thanks for the pic!

The full test track configuration is a bitch. Awful, awful track to race. I'd rather race 6 laps of Nurburgring than 3 laps on that. Ugh.

[quote name='CocheseUGA']I noticed that too, but it's a nice surprise.

As much as I love the game, I do think the RWD cars spinning out it a tad overdone over real life.

I'm so happy I didn't let the demo ultimately influence my decision.[/quote]

The RWD is a bit excessive it seems, but the lower power cars are drivable and I have never driven a RWD car with 500hp before, so who knows. :D

This game rules though. Finally a racing game where its a challenge to race the cars.

My wife finally got the game for me today, and it's really fun. I can't believe I denied myself a week of playing this game! And to think I enjoyed Forza 1 but never really got into it for some odd reason. Now I will get alot of hours of playing . Can't wait for my wheel to get here.

[quote name='valor19']Wow! Same rims and everything. I think I'm going to try out the demo and pick this up tomorrow if I dig it.

Thanks for the pic![/QUOTE]

Just remember that the demo doesn't do the game justice.. About the only thing it lets you demo is the driving physics.

What sucks is they went for the 95 GSX. I had a 97, which was clearly the better looking version (check sig). I had to get the Talon and make it work.

[quote name='CocheseUGA']What sucks is they went for the 95 GSX. I had a 97, which was clearly the better looking version (check sig). I had to get the Talon and make it work.[/QUOTE]

And it's always the '95.. Forza 1, GT4. Must be some licensing thing.

[quote name='red flare graf']And it's always the '95.. Forza 1, GT4. Must be some licensing thing.[/QUOTE]

I think you're right. Try to find an Eclipse plastic model set period. It's always FnF or it's a 95. Only recently did I find a 99 2n1, but even that's ricerfied. I'm surprised you don't see a 90-94, because supposedly the blocks are made better. I never had any problems with mine, but then again mine was N/A.

I loved that car. That and the Jeep I traded in for it are my two favorite cars I ever had.

Is it just me or is it hard to get a partial turn with the joystick. And what I mean is like on a long, wide corner (as in the complete opposite of a hairpin), like a big oval or circle, I find it very hard to just move the joystick the slight bit enough to register a turn.

Am I making any sense? It would be a constant slight turn, just holding the joystick over a bit, but instead I end up having to tap it over and release repeatedly. I almost refuse to buy a $100+ steering wheel for one game, especially when it'd only be cool if I had a rig to latch it down into.

sorry for the multiple topics, just wanted to know if anyone else has that constant-turn issue.

enjoying the game otherwise, this is a minor gripe.

Yeah I have a hard time with long sweeping turns as well. Sometimes, depending on the turn and what car I'm using, I will actually start to to powerslide and then i have to let off the gas otherwise I'd be in some serious trouble. The long sweeping turn at Maple Valley is one that gets me like this quite a bit. As long as it doesn't break my momentum too much I don't really care though.

This is killing me, my Amazon order "Shipped" on Friday (the 1st), and it's still "Electronic Shipping Info Received"

Weak.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Appearently Australians got the bright idea to sell cars on eBay:

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Forza-Motors...003QQihZ012QQcategoryZ187QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem[/QUOTE]

You know I was just thinking about what it would be like to auction a car off on ebay. Damn Aussies beat me to it. "That's not a car. THIS is a car." Never mind.

On a side note, I threw my first Forza 2 bitch fit last night. Lost a race by a fraction of a second, threw my controller and almost punched a wall. I caught myself before I did something painful and then kicked myself in the ass for getting that pissed at a video game.

[quote name='CocheseUGA']I've had 2 DDE since last night. Don't know if it's the game or my console going bad.[/QUOTE]

someone else on my friends list said the same thing last night. He has never had no problems with his 360, then he got the 3 red rings last night. His 360 still works but he never had this problem up until now.

I got a DDE as well after taking a photo mid-race, and I was doing rather well. Extremely pissed that I lost that progress, and have never had a DDE before.

The only other errors my 360 has given me was the first time I turned on Gears anything dark was a royal blue pixel, and that same error once during Halo3 beta.

[quote name='Halo05']Disk drive error? I have yet to see one and my 360 is a launch one (I think, it came with the little free remote).[/quote]

Ah, if thats the case, i didn't get an error message, but my disk drive stopped working 2 weeks after i bought my first 2006 model 360. I now have a 2005 model and its been going strong for a month :|

bread's done
Back