Forza Motorsport 5 $39.99 at Amazon

Kind of a dilemma here. I originally wanted NFS: Rivals over Forza 5. All of the micro-transactions in Forza are bullshit, and I don't plan on spending more than 20-30 hours with either game. However, Forza is the only one that supports split-screen multiplayer.

Any thoughts?

I bought this one. 40 seems like a good price.

Edit: wow carrot cake who pissed on your Cheerios this morning?

Last edited by a moderator:
Kind of a dilemma here. I originally wanted NFS: Rivals over Forza 5. All of the micro-transactions in Forza are bullshit, and I don't plan on spending more than 20-30 hours with either game. However, Forza is the only one that supports split-screen multiplayer.

Any thoughts?
Personally I enjoyed NFS Rivals more, but each game is pretty different despite them being in the racing genre.

Didn't Cheapy say to boycott Forza 5? lol. Apparently the economy stuff is getting better though

Can't say much about split screen since I game solo

To me it's not worth it at all until they put out a cheaper wheel that actually works. Thrustmaster ' s $400 piece of garbage is a joke.

Anyway I played it and traded it when Gamestop was giving 42 after bonuses. It's really weak imo. And i wasn't blown away by the graphics.

Here's hoping DriveClub fills the racing void.

Personally I enjoyed NFS Rivals more, but each game is pretty different despite them being in the racing genre.

Didn't Cheapy say to boycott Forza 5? lol. Apparently the economy stuff is getting better though

Can't say much about split screen since I game solo
He did but even after he said that he had been going on and playing.. I would play but not use the transactions. He also said something about the patch coming out that would act as a points multiplier.

Get used to it though since all of the next gen titles will test gouge you to see where the line in sand is.

Hopefully the sale last into tonight when I can hit my bank with a nice little deposit.

I enjoy Forza, but I don't have NFS. For Forza, there's no AI cars in split-screen, which I find really disappointing. 

Does anyone know if the Day one and regular versions have the same SKU?
They have different pages on Amazon. I wouldn't count on getting a Day One edition at this point.

The game is worth picking up at $40. I'll agree the micro transactions are bs, but the gameplay and graphics are amazing. The upgrading and tuning adds a crazy element to the game as well.

Could someone explain the micro transactions? I was set on getting this when it was $40 but now you fellas are convincing me otherwise! I just got nfs, possibly another reason why I should wait

Could someone explain the micro transactions? I was set on getting this when it was $40 but now you fellas are convincing me otherwise! I just got nfs, possibly another reason why I should wait
Car packs they sell for real money. It's not like it's much different from the previous couple games. Just feels like they held cars back to put them on the marketplace instead of shipping them with the game.

It's worth $40 though, it's a great racing simulation.

Car packs they sell for real money. It's not like it's much different from the previous couple games. Just feels like they held cars back to put them on the marketplace instead of shipping them with the game.

I can still unlock these cars through gameplay though, right? Or are they exclusive to people who want to pay for them?

Does anyone know if the Day one and regular versions have the same SKU?
They don't, unless you buy it from a store that is like Target that sometimes groups similar items with the same DPCI.

If you can find one I would suggest getting the LE, it has all the day one dlc plus the LE contents car packs. I managed to pick one up for $60 after TRU put that in place of the regular version.

You can get the tracks and cars without paying for them but grinding is going to be a bitch, I'm not sure what's behind a paywall and what is not.

I think $40 is what the non LE game is worth. At first, the push for micro transactions was ridiculous and kept me from opening the game so I could return it. They have made some changes and are releasing updates that are lowering car prices, and increasing earnings from races. The game is slowly getting better and doesn't involve as much grinding for cars as before. If you can, go for the LE like someone above said. I was lucky and managed to get the LE for $40 at TRU a month ago. You get a lot of extras and worth the extra $20.

They don't, unless you buy it from a store that is like Target that sometimes groups similar items with the same DPCI.

If you can find one I would suggest getting the LE, it has all the day one dlc plus the LE contents car packs. I managed to pick one up for $60 after TRU put that in place of the regular version.

You can get the tracks and cars without paying for them but grinding is going to be a bitch, I'm not sure what's behind a paywall and what is not.
Ahh I see. Thank you both much, I think I'm going to stick with NFS for now and save my money. Thanks for the information!

Any thoughts?
Personally I think it's cool to have relatives or friends you can play split screen with. If it's 90's to have real life people you play games with so be it.
If split-screen is the only reason you want Forza5 over NFS, definitely go for NFS. Split-screen in Forza5 is horrible - it's just you and the other person - no AI bots. It gets boring really fast, especially if there's any skill difference between the two players.

Looks like Day One edition trades in for $46. I'm tempted to trade in my Day One and pick this up. I've already claimed the Day One bonus codes, so I don't see any reason to keep it.

Does Walmart do that? I'm wondering cuz I got mine for 50 and would like to pick it up at 40 but I ended up with a Day One edition. I'm just curious if I can possibly pick this guy up and return it to Walmart. My guess is no.

I have been a Forza fan forever, and 5 is no exception. The driving is still awesome. I am not sure why everyone is getting their panties in a bunch when it comes to micro-transactions. I am not sure how it's any different than the majority of games out there? If you don't want to pay, don't get the DLC. To play all of the maps in CoD, most people at this point have paid hundreds of dollars to download the map packs over the generations. There aren't as many cars, but why does a game have to have a million cars anyway? Most of the cars were garbage cars that nobody actually wanted (like the tiny city cars, Mustang II, or Ford Transits). I would rather have a smaller collection of well done cars than recycled FM4 cars.

Personally, my issues with FM5 lies with the AI or "drivatars". They are based on other's driving, but keep in mind that the majority of people who play racing games are dipshits and drive like douches. I rarely play racing games online for that reason. The AI for no reason will just brake on a straight, make a hard right or left into your front door because you're passing them, etc. If you go too high with the AI difficulty, you will never win a race. As it stands, I have yet to complete a race without damaging my car. However, that said, the game is beautiful and well done.

I own NFS: Rivals, but have yet to touch it. I am hoping it's better than the last decade of NFS. NFS used to be some of the best games through Porsche Unleashed or whichever it was (I LOVED the idea of going through generations of a brand like that). The driving physics has been so terrible that it's hard for me to justify purchasing a game unless I find it in the bargain bin. Thankfully, due to sales and Christmas, I was able to get this game without feeling guilty if it's any good or not.

Honestly, I would LOVE for them to come out with a good arcade driving game like RUSH 2049. That game was the perfect balance of fun, physics, and replay. Blur was great, but nobody bought it.

I was really excited for Forza 5. But after playing it for a while, I have 0 interest in it. For one, it takes too damn long to level up. Two, the race payouts are BS. And what happened to being rewarded with cars? T10 has done this forever and now they stop? Gladly taking this along with Ryse back to Gamestop tomorrow.

I level up every 3 races or so. I don't think that's too bad. Honestly, the micro transactions seem to be geared towards people who don't want to wait to earn things. I have not had any issue with buying the car I want when I get to the next race series.

*EDIT* It does help that they patched and brought the price of cars down and the earning amounts up.

Any thoughts?
I have both games but I like Forza 5 better!

I was really excited for Forza 5. But after playing it for a while, I have 0 interest in it. For one, it takes too damn long to level up. Two, the race payouts are BS. And what happened to being rewarded with cars? T10 has done this forever and now they stop? Gladly taking this along with Ryse back to Gamestop tomorrow.
If you turn off a lot of the drive assists features and go fully sim you can level up in 2 races or less, but even under "normal" settings you'll level up in no more than 3 to 4 races.

Price matched at BB..figured 40 is a decent enough price to try it
My local Best Buy was completely out and so is the next closest one to me. Does anyone know along with the price adjustment to $39.99 if we'd also get the additional 20% off for Gamers Unlocked Elite members? If so I'll drive to the next closest one to pickup and if not I'll just order on Amazon. Also any ideas when this sale is over? Thanks.

My local Best Buy was completely out and so is the next closest one to me. Does anyone know along with the price adjustment to $39.99 if we'd also get the additional 20% off for Gamers Unlocked Elite members? If so I'll drive to the next closest one to pickup and if not I'll just order on Amazon. Also any ideas when this sale is over? Thanks.
No. It's PM or 20%, not both.

I picked it up at gs as a buy 2 get 1 free preowned.. wanted nfs but they didnt have it.. was hard to find a gs with 3 preowned xbox one games that I wanted

I played it for about an hour and am very satisfied with it... I am no authority on racing games though as I dont play many

bread's done
Back