Fox News Guest calls for execution of captured U.S. Soldier

Well if this doesn't get people to admit that fox news has crossed the line, i don't know what will. I can't think of any way to defend a comment like that.

hes saying if it turns out that hes a deserter then the army shouldnt use the resources to rescue him. hes not out right calling for the execution of the soldier.

that being said, hes still a moron.

[quote name='RAMSTORIA']hes saying if it turns out that hes a deserter then the army shouldnt use the resources to rescue him. hes not out right calling for the execution of the soldier.[/QUOTE]
Desertion is a whopper of a charge. I don't even know why, but I thought about it in these terms...

An accusation of a soldier killing civilians. Ok. Let's see some proof. It happens.
An accusation of a soldier deserting in a foreign theater. WHOA NOW. You better have proof before you even say that out loud.

I don't know why, but the soldier in me had those two thoughts.

[quote name='RAMSTORIA']hes saying if it turns out that hes a deserter then the army shouldnt use the resources to rescue him. hes not out right calling for the execution of the soldier.

that being said, hes still a moron.[/QUOTE]

He said that the Taliban can save us all money and time by just executing him for being a deserter. How is that not an outright call for his execution?

And if he turns out he's a deserter? Does he not get a court martial or a trial? Where's the due process that you conservatives always bitch about? I guess it doesn't really apply.

[quote name='speedracer']Desertion is a whopper of a charge. I don't even know why, but I thought about it in these terms...

An accusation of a soldier killing civilians. Ok. Let's see some proof. It happens.
An accusation of a soldier deserting in a foreign theater. WHOA NOW. You better have proof before you even say that out loud.

I don't know why, but the soldier in me had those two thoughts.[/QUOTE]

yeah, theres no proof hes a deserter, just the circumstances around his capture. those being why did he leave his post and why did get venture alone to the point that the taliban were able to capture him? im not going to say hes a deserter, how the hell would anyone know what he was thinking/doing, and we will probably never know, but its weird that he would just wander off like that inexplicably.

[quote name='depascal22']He said that the Taliban can save us all money and time by just executing him for being a deserter. How is that not an outright call for his execution?

And if he turns out he's a deserter? Does he not get a court martial or a trial? Where's the due process that you conservatives always bitch about? I guess it doesn't really apply.[/QUOTE]

i know you love to jump down the throat of anyone whos slightly to the right of you... but there is a difference from saying we should let the taliban kill this solider and his soldier deserted his unit and we shouldnt waste the time or money to rescue him, the taliban could spare us the expense by killing him. i know its a stupid stupid thing to say. all im saying is why he said it because the OP and title omit the context of why this guy said it in the first place.

[quote name='mykevermin'] Neoconservatism would be a dead and archaic ideology if we had compulsory military service. [/QUOTE]

neoconservatism dying aside, i dont think compulsory military service would be such a bad thing.

I don't hold Fox News responsible for this though. Dude went crazy on air. Unless Fox provoked him to say it, and I highly doubt they would, they're not to blame.

[quote name='depascal22']I don't hold Fox News responsible for this though. Dude went crazy on air. Unless Fox provoked him to say it, and I highly doubt they would, they're not to blame.[/QUOTE]

The NEWS part of Fox is no different than anyone else when there is no political angle. The coverage of Michael Jackson dying was the same on Fox as CNN (too damn much IMO). It's the OP ED that people get mad about.

[quote name='perdition(troy']osama isn't real, he's just a lie told to you bye the government :roll:[/QUOTE]

Just like the lies your momma told you to feel better.

huh? the point of that insult was...? i mean, it makes sense if you are in the middle of a conversation with someone and throw out a random insult, but i'm not really seeing the point of you talking to me in here.

bread's done
Back