Fozzie's Lowball #2: The Return of the Muppet.TALLIES UP IN POST #2

[quote name='MasaTFC']yea, thats the brakes there dan. I would have loved for my bid to count, but it is afterall up to the one in charge to end it and if he wanted to wait a minute or so (or 10 in my case a couple weeks ago), thats that. I know I probably pissed a few folks off, but it is what it is!;)[/QUOTE]
nah I getcha bro, if it was me and the situation was on the other foot, I don't think I'd think it was fair if I got a bid in past the end time, I'd let the other guy take it no doubt, but that's just me. who knows, maybe if it was a new xbox360 I got for a dollar i'd have a different tune. Just pissed because my I really wanted boy/blob for my wife, it's the only game she likes, out of the hundreds she's seen during her life. I'll just grab it on Amazon but I'd rather give my money to a CAG, oh well, you never know how bad the other guy wants it.

[quote name='MasaTFC']yea, thats the brakes there dan. I would have loved for my bid to count, but it is afterall up to the one in charge to end it and if he wanted to wait a minute or so (or 10 in my case a couple weeks ago), thats that. I know I probably pissed a few folks off, but it is what it is!;)[/QUOTE]

now that was funny... 10 minutes? more like 20 lol! funniest lowball ever :applause::lol:

I just don't get the fuss...It's not like bids came in at 10:05 or anything. The last bid is timestamped 10:00. ANd I don't mean to sound like Im bashing you, hell I'd save $2 if the bidding stopped at 9:59 posts.

[quote name='Only One Haze']I just don't get the fuss...It's not like bids came in at 10:05 or anything. The last bid is timestamped 10:00. ANd I don't mean to sound like Im bashing you, hell I'd save $2 if the bidding stopped at 9:59 posts.[/QUOTE]
well yeah, that wouldn't be ten though. I mean in the system can't it even see the difference between seconds? I've always thought that would be the most appropriate way to do it, personally, because then there would be zero confusion. The end time means the end time. With the prevalence of sniping, it's a measure that would be well considered, and it would put everyone on equal footing knowing the exact end time, right?

Hey, not my lowball, and like I said, I don't wanna shit up the thread, I'm just gonna go buy the stupid game elsewhere now. I'm happy for the opportunity to have participated and I'm thankful we have this wonderful site to have a good time on.

[quote name='therealdanhill']nah I getcha bro, if it was me and the situation was on the other foot, I don't think I'd think it was fair if I got a bid in past the end time, I'd let the other guy take it no doubt, but that's just me. who knows, maybe if it was a new xbox360 I got for a dollar i'd have a different tune. Just pissed because my I really wanted boy/blob for my wife, it's the only game she likes, out of the hundreds she's seen during her life. I'll just grab it on Amazon but I'd rather give my money to a CAG, oh well, you never know how bad the other guy wants it.[/QUOTE]

No doubt, it sucks to lose an item that you have been bidding on right at the last minute.

On the bright side, if you have a Wii you can DL it on VC. its only 5 bucks, thats how my gf ended up with it!

great lowball, foz!

The trick is to not be a cheapskate by trying to win in the last second by a $1. Bid $5 or something over the previous bid if you really want to win. If everyone is going to snipe by a $1 margin (because the bid was so low to begin with), of course there is gonna be a bunch of sore losers in the final minutes. That's the game you play when you choose to snipe.

Original list is updated to all final bids with prices and post location... please double check!! Also, if you want any of the 0 bid items, PM me and we can add it to your total...

Sorry to those who lost at the last moment.. my clock on my computer must be a minute or 2 off... I clicked it exactly when my clock hit 10.

[quote name='itsoverninethousand']The trick is to not be a cheapskate by trying to win in the last second by a $1. Bid $5 or something over the previous bid if you really want to win. If everyone is going to snipe by a $1 margin (because the bid was so low to begin with), of course there is gonna be a bunch of sore losers in the final minutes. That's the game you play when you choose to snipe.[/QUOTE]

word. but I don't think dan was sniped or sniping (nor was I). We just had a good bidding war at the end.

it's funny, the trick is not to be a cheapskate... on a website that is for cheapskates lol.

Yes, thanks for the lowball fozzie! Snagged some great movies to give family members during the holidays. Kinda miffed that I got out late tonight and didn't win a boxed NES game, but oh well. Just have to look forward to more lowballs for one.

[quote name='kube00']doh, I wanted that arc the lad watch...[/QUOTE]

I didn't even know it was there until the final few minutes. For that price it's too good to pass up. I honestly expected somebody else to jump at it towards the end.

I've been lookin all over for one of these, and saw them listed previously at around 50 or so on eBay, and fuck paying that price.
I wish this game series transitioned well to current gen...or even last gen for that matter. 2 is still my fave. :p

[quote name='Attikus']I didn't even know it was there until the final few minutes. For that price it's too good to pass up. I honestly expected somebody else to jump at it towards the end.

I've been lookin all over for one of these, and saw them listed previously at around 50 or so on eBay, and fuck paying that price.
I wish this game series transitioned well to current gen...or even last gen for that matter. 2 is still my fave. :p[/QUOTE]

I was honestly planning on sniping it, but we'd probably have been in a bidding war over it anyway. It would've looked great with my mint condition Arc the Lad Collection...

I'm SO mad I forgot to come back and bid on Shining Force.
I remember sitting home around 10:30 last night, and just being like... D: NO!

I had an idea last night, I just wanted to see what people thought of it, but first of all I just want to say sorry for being pissy. When it comes down to it, I just hate last-second bidding and sniping in general, but I absolutely love this community and love participating in the lowballs here.

Anyways, here's the idea I had. What about, for the last, say, 5 minutes of any given lowball, if there was a rule In place where all bids had to be at least like 5 bucks? That would eliminate last second 50 cent or 1 dollar sniping, and would encourage people to get their max bids in early, knowing it could jump up so much towards the end. Just a thought, tell me what you think! You can PM me so we don't have to clog up the thread, but I'd love to know if anyone else thought this was a good idea.

That just goes against the spirit of auctioning. I mean, I get it. It sucks to be outbid at the last minute by $0.50. But, the truth is, you could have pushed the price out of their range on your first bid. That's just how the game is played.

That's why a random end time is better for the buyers, but a rolling end time is better for the sellers. I'm surprised this didn't have a rolling end time, actually, since the seller can get a good $20 more by letting people outbid snipers.

My own Invoice for items I've won:

Age of Mythology Collector's edition (Box is beat up, but is complete) - $1 Attikus (#42)
Bruce Campbell vs. Army of Darkness - $1 Attikus (#42)
Independence Day - $1 Attikus (#42)
National Treasure 2* - $1 Attikus (#42)
Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stanger Tides - $1 Attikus (#42)
Remember the Titans - $1 Attikus (#42)
The Mummy: Tomb of the Dragon Emperor* - $1 Attikus (#42)
Arc the Lad Collection Watch & Case- $5 Attikus (#197)
===
Total - $12.00
Shipping - $10.50
=====
Final Total - $22.50

Payment is waiting to be sent to you at [email protected]. Please confirm so I can make a payment. I'll be out of town for most of the next week and might not have access to the net.

Blabadon your inbox is full so i can't pm you anymore but i think that you're confusing me with fozzie.

you need to pay him not me lol

Payment sent. Some of this stuff went way too low. It really sucks that the lowball auctions got bullied into this crappy subforum. I will most likely never hold another lowball until they undo this ratfark of an idea.

i got my package in the mail today!!!!! thank you sooo much Fozzie! right on time!!!!!!!!!!!! yes!!!!!!!!
thank you thank you thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

bread's done
Back