Fractured But Whole $14.99@ Gamestop

What’s the expiration date for the gold edition season pass? Just want to know if it still works even though it’s past the expiration date. Maybe other gold editions still got codes that work

he said "ummmm this one is new... wait... yeah it's new" Then I replied "don't you have any other ones that are new?" he then said "no we don't. we usually just put the little plastic seal over them on the side" so I gave it the benefit of the doubt and bought the game.
Everything was in great condition for my Xbox 1 gold edition but the ridiculous part is that the clerk (I think he's a manager) took out a knife and broke the factory seal in front of me claiming he had to check it. I just let it happen because I only wanted the codes anyway, but I'm leaving a negative review.

Everything was in great condition for my Xbox 1 gold edition but the ridiculous part is that the clerk (I think he's a manager) took out a knife and broke the factory seal in front of me claiming he had to check it. I just let it happen because I only wanted the codes anyway, but I'm leaving a negative review.
While I have no idea why they would open the game right in front of you (I guess to prevent a return or something?), I don't think it's enough to warrant a negative review. It's not like the game was opened prior to you buying it...

While I have no idea why they would open the game right in front of you (I guess to prevent a return or something?), I don't think it's enough to warrant a negative review. It's not like the game was opened prior to you buying it...
Technically it was opened before I bought it. They sold the gutted copy to another guy before me, and opened the real "last copy" (my sealed hold) right in front of me before I paid. It was my choice to buy it after he opened it, but I don't like that he did it. I'm not going to fabricate the reason why I didn't like the service. A review is a way to leave an opinion about the service. GameStop can then decide whether they care or not.

Last edited by a moderator:
We as gamers have allowed GS to open games etc for years, we complain and then accept it. (As a whole we do)
You dont allow walmart to open a game/dvd/blu ray/cd before they sell to you..

I just saw that the digital version of this South Park Collection is on sale for $31.99 on PlayStation Network.  

That made me chuckle.   :rofl:

Fractured but Whole - that's actually a pretty fitting way to describe games at Gamestop since they've been opened but they're sold as new.

Thanks OP. Even though there wasn’t a GameStop within 30 miles that had it in stock Best Buy still price marched via the chat. It’s the first time I used the chat before. It’s a bit of a process but at least I didn’t have to have some leader question me about it lol! I’ll do this in the future!

We as gamers have allowed GS to open games etc for years, we complain and then accept it. (As a whole we do)
You dont allow walmart to open a game/dvd/blu ray/cd before they sell to you..
But for some, what’s the trade off? Not getting the game on a really good discount that they would enjoy? I do understand your point, I guess my bigger issue is if it bothers someone that much to complain about it then don’t buy it. Otherwise just enjoy your cheap 🤬 game.

But for some, what’s the trade off? Not getting the game on a really good discount that they would enjoy? I do understand your point, I guess my bigger issue is if it bothers someone that much to complain about it then don’t buy it. Otherwise just enjoy your cheap 🤬 game.
I use GS for trades for credit, that i spend on credit for psn/eshop/xbox. I rarely buy used anything unless its a BC game that i cant find anywhere else new. And i still have GCU, so GS “new” prices are a joke. And i PM them with anyone else first and when that fails, its the rare purchase from them.

I do whatever i can to avoid GS purchases.

Went to the GameStop that showed it had the gold edition but they couldn’t find it. Went and ahead and got the vanilla edition since it’s $15 for two games. Thanks OP!

What sucks is it’s the first DLC I’m aware of dince 2005 that adds zero trophies or achievements. I played through the two non-Danger Room DLC’s & they were ok, short experiences, but no trophies pissed me off so I uninstalled it before I even started the Danger Room stuff.
Do you get real money for trophies or something? I know Sony started some kind of program but I remember it being a joke and you needing like 30 platinum's to get two bucks.

Do you get real money for trophies or something? I know Sony started some kind of program but I remember it being a joke and you needing like 30 platinum's to get two bucks.
Sony Rewards had a "passes" program where you got so many rewards points for a certain number of Silver, Gold, or Platinum trophies, but it's been put on hold with a new passes experience "coming soon" since they half-arsed the new site/program redesign in the fall.

its more to feel youve 'completed' a game and or bragging rights. They add to the game. Some dont mind games not having trophies or achievements. I usually try to avoid dlc if it doesnt have any new achievements or trophies. Its very rare for dlc not to have dlc or trophies though. I think the last game that did the no trophys/achievements thing was the Alien Isolation.

Okay so they are more or less meaningless. Are you brand new to gaming? I started gaming in the 80's and not once did I ever pine for some kind of trophy system nor do I care about them now. I think it's absolutely insane that someone would miss out on a game because it didn't have trophies.  You refuse to play Breath of the Wild?  You only play a game if it has a bragging rights, digital and meaningless action letting someone know you found 100 gold rocks?

Okay so they are more or less meaningless. Are you brand new to gaming? I started gaming in the 80's and not once did I ever pine for some kind of trophy system nor do I care about them now. I think it's absolutely insane that someone would miss out on a game because it didn't have trophies. You refuse to play Breath of the Wild? You only play a game if it has a bragging rights, digital and meaningless action letting someone know you found 100 gold rocks?
The fact the people will completely skip a game because it has no achievement baffles me. They mean nothing and not once have I ever played or bought a game for achievements.

The fact the people will completely skip a game because it has no achievement baffles me. They mean nothing and not once have I ever played or bought a game for achievements.
Shockingly, other people have different opinions on the matter.

Sure they are pointless but I'll admit I enjoy getting them and will go out of my way to try and attain them in a game I'm playing.

Achievements and trophies are kind of neat sometimes. I refuse to do grindy as heck trophies just to get platinums. I value my time a bit more than that. Whatever I get for finishing games and getting different endings and such is fine though.

Shockingly, other people have different opinions on the matter.

Sure they are pointless but I'll admit I enjoy getting them and will go out of my way to try and attain them in a game I'm playing.
Opinions on games is one thing. Straight up giving it no thought at all because there are no achievements....

It flashes on the bottom of the screen then nothing.. why is this the must have for gamers? Do you feel the need to prove that you did something in a game?

Opinions on games is one thing. Straight up giving it no thought at all because there are no achievements....

It flashes on the bottom of the screen then nothing.. why is this the must have for gamers? Do you feel the need to prove that you did something in a game?
I actually flip through them a few times a year. It's almost like a record keeper for me of time passing. It's cool to look back and be like, "That's right I played through that in 2011" and then seeing what I got and what I missed.

I don't platinum games or gp crazy but I like seeing the numbers go up, and the weirdly sentimental nostalgia it gives me when looking back at stuff.

Okay so they are more or less meaningless. Are you brand new to gaming? I started gaming in the 80's and not once did I ever pine for some kind of trophy system nor do I care about them now. I think it's absolutely insane that someone would miss out on a game because it didn't have trophies. You refuse to play Breath of the Wild? You only play a game if it has a bragging rights, digital and meaningless action letting someone know you found 100 gold rocks?
Stop being so dramatic dude. He's talking about DLC missing trophies in a game that has trophies. That makes zero sense. I like trophies & I've been gaming since the 80's too. That's why I don't pick up multiplats on Switch. I get the good exclusives though.

What sucks is it’s the first DLC I’m aware of since 2005 that adds zero trophies or achievements. I played through the two non-Danger Room DLC’s & they were ok, short experiences, but no trophies pissed me off so I uninstalled it before I even started the Danger Room stuff.
The Dragonball Xenoverse 1 & 2 Story DLC had no trophies either. That sucked.

But for some, what’s the trade off? Not getting the game on a really good discount that they would enjoy? I do understand your point, I guess my bigger issue is if it bothers someone that much to complain about it then don’t buy it. Otherwise just enjoy your cheap game.
That is why I almost always price match it to Best Buy. Unless I have a crap ton of points or credit I want to use at GS. Even then I usually just price match it. Like another poster said I frequently use my points for PSN and Live credit. Both the GS near my job and near my house have a BB in the same parking lot. Even better now that I know I can do an online price match and not have to race to the store to get a copy before it sells out or a sale ends. My BB store pickup will be waiting for me.

Oddly enough, this probably has something to do with it. It's the same mentality that has everyone taking selfies all the time and posting them on social media to prove to the world that they were somewhere or did something...or people filming concerts to prove they were there instead of actually enjoying the concert and being there.

I actually didn't like trophies when I first got a PS3, but I have to admit that now, I, too, like that proof that I completed a game or did something rare (even though I don't usually go too far out of my way to get pointless trophies or to platinum games). I think trophies/achievements appeal to that part of me that saves movie ticket stubs or that likes to have photos of important events/moments. It's kind of a record of your videogaming history.

man, i'm so done with GS. i placed an order for this game the same day the deal was posted. the status has been open ever since so i was going to call them today. i checked my email prior to calling and there's a cancellation from them due to an inventory issue. decided to call BB and see if i could get a price match and had no problem. the woman i spoke to was really awesome. she issued and applied my rewards points to the order and even gave me free shipping. plus, just got a shipping notification for it as i was typing this. very glad everything turned out this way. saved some money and most likely would've received a GS "new" copy anyways.

My local bestbuy actually had it but told me they can’t price match that low. I went online and they were able to create that price match. So I'll just walk back to the store and get that same copy they denied me. 

bread's done
Back