Fred Meyer - 7/11-7/17

strangenova

CAGiversary!
Saw tomorrow's ad for Fred Meyer - selected games 50% off.

The pictured games were all PS3:
Fallout 3 GOTY: $14.99
Metal Gear Solid 4: $14.99
COD:WaW: $19.99
COD4 GOTY: $19.99

Seems like a good deal on Fallout 3 and a couple of bucks cheaper than I've ever seen on MGS4.

"I feel to see the correlation between losing 10 grand, hospitalizing Gorgeous, and a good deal."

Fallout 3 seems like um....a ridiculous deal. I really would rather have it for PC, but damn. Cheap.

Honestly I wouldnt even waste my time time on fallout 3 GOTY. Knowing Fred Meyer they will have correction notices up on the same that say it's supposed to be the original fallout 3 for 14.99

[quote name='thingsfallnapart']Honestly I wouldnt even waste my time time on fallout 3 GOTY. Knowing Fred Meyer they will have correction notices up on the same that say it's supposed to be the original fallout 3 for 14.99[/QUOTE]

Still a decent price. especially if you gameshare the DLC

[quote name='ninja dog']Still a decent price. especially if you gameshare the DLC[/QUOTE]

? The disc doesn't install the DLC to your hard drive, so you can't copy the DLC off of it and share it, if that's what you mean.

Either way I don't know how much I would recommend Fallout 3 GOTY, it has a considerably larger number of memory leaks than the original Fallout, freezing issues abound. Point Lookout, Operation Anchorage, and Broken Steel are unplayable in certain cases. It is by far the glitchiest PS3 game I've ever played (make Dragon Age seem like a smooth running mofo).

[quote name='socash11']? The disc doesn't install the DLC to your hard drive, so you can't copy the DLC off of it and share it, if that's what you mean.

Either way I don't know how much I would recommend Fallout 3 GOTY, it has a considerably larger number of memory leaks than the original Fallout, freezing issues abound. Point Lookout, Operation Anchorage, and Broken Steel are unplayable in certain cases. It is by far the glitchiest PS3 game I've ever played (make Dragon Age seem like a smooth running mofo).[/QUOTE]

This. Fall out 3 GOTY does a freeze alot. if it 15 bucks it's worth it for sure, but save often. like every 20 minutes.

[quote name='socash11']? The disc doesn't install the DLC to your hard drive, so you can't copy the DLC off of it and share it, if that's what you mean.
[/QUOTE]

can't you buy it on PSN?

Not familiar with this retailer - Pacific NW? Anyone know if this is B&M only or will it be available online? They don't seem to have a product page for Fallout 3 on their website.

Fred Meyer? I have never heard of this store in my entire life :rofl: Its obviously not something anywhere in the South.....

Anyway, Fallout 3 GOTY is a steal. I don't personally think it freezes nearly as much as people say it does (I've never had it freeze on me). The game is freakin' huge.

[quote name='thingsfallnapart']Fred Meyer is a more upscale version of the midwest chain Kroger.[/QUOTE]

Kroger's the parent company. They bought Freddy's out a while back.

Either way I don't know how much I would recommend Fallout 3 GOTY, it has a considerably larger number of memory leaks than the original Fallout, freezing issues abound. Point Lookout, Operation Anchorage, and Broken Steel are unplayable in certain cases. It is by far the glitchiest PS3 game I've ever played (make Dragon Age seem like a smooth running mofo).[/QUOTE]

No, he was saying that even if this was a mistake and the ad was supposed to be Fallout 3 vanilla, $15 would still be decent for it. And then, especially if you could gameshare the PSN DLC with others.

I see the ad says 14.99 and shows the rite picture, but i would still be concerned that they might say the ad department screwed up. Especially since f3 GOTY retails at 59.99 when i last went there Friday.

Hmm wish this was for 360, even the regular version I'd pick up for $15 since I loaded the GOTY content on my HD and sold the game. I could flip the ps3 version for a few bucks but that may not be worth my time.

[quote name='SDC']No, he was saying that even if this was a mistake and the ad was supposed to be Fallout 3 vanilla, $15 would still be decent for it. And then, especially if you could gameshare the PSN DLC with others.[/QUOTE]

I see. I don't know if I agree with that being much of a deal though. I couldn't sell my vanilla version of Fallout 3 for 10 bucks on eBay, so I'm sure you can find it for less than $15 if your buying. I wound up giving it away to a friend, lol.

It might be a good idea to buy the DLC separately off of the PSN if you want to avoid freezing issues, but the cost is prohibitively high (each of the 5 DLC packs is sold separately at $10 each, for a grand total of $50).

Went to FM and picked up MGS4 and COD4 and just as I thought, Fallout 3 GOTY is NOT the version that's priced at $14.99!

[quote name='Blumpkin']Are there any good PS3 sales other then the ones pictured in the ad?[/QUOTE]

Not really, unless you like sports games. They had Saints Row 2 for $12.99 for PS3 and 360.

I got my Fred Meyer's to sell me the Fallout 3 GOTY for $15... Though it required a manager and little bit of complaining...

[quote name='Badman']I got my Fred Meyer's to sell me the Fallout 3 GOTY for $15... Though it required a manager and little bit of complaining...[/QUOTE]

I was gonna do that but didn't feel like going through all that hassle. Also i don't have a PS3. lol

went to Freddy and they would not honor the ad even with complaining and showing them the online ad with the right picture of the game. but then i went to walmart and got them to price match the $15 price so im happy

[quote name='jeremy517']I had no problems pricematching at Best Buy. I grabbed the last copy at the Tualatin store.

Thanks for the heads-up, strangenova[/QUOTE]

Bastard - I was going there tomorrow to try this ;). And wow, according to the online stock locator at Best Buy no one else has any either. Damn...

[quote name='jeremy517']I had no problems pricematching at Best Buy. I grabbed the last copy at the Tualatin store.

Thanks for the heads-up, strangenova[/QUOTE]

Never price matched before. Do you just bring the FredMeyer ad and the game from Best Buy / Walmart to customer service and ask them to price match? or just the ad to customer service and ask for the price match?

Thanks in advance

[quote name='killfish']went to Freddy and they would not honor the ad even with complaining and showing them the online ad with the right picture of the game. but then i went to walmart and got them to price match the $15 price so im happy[/QUOTE]

I didn't know WalMart would price match anyone. Is this done in the electronics department, or at the customer service desk? Did you have the print ad in hand? I think I am going to have to try this out tomorrow...

Belgarath the Ancient One

[quote name='tribees']Never price matched before. Do you just bring the FredMeyer ad and the game from Best Buy / Walmart to customer service and ask them to price match? or just the ad to customer service and ask for the price match?

Thanks in advance[/QUOTE]

Just take the ad and the game up to the cashier and tell them that you want to pricematch.

I never thought of Fallout 3 GOTY as a hard game to find, but apparently everyone is doing this pricematch, since everywhere I go (except FM) is sold out. Should have jumped on this yesterday...

Belgarath the Ancient One

[quote name='BelgarathTAO']I didn't know WalMart would price match anyone. Is this done in the electronics department, or at the customer service desk? Did you have the print ad in hand? I think I am going to have to try this out tomorrow...

Belgarath the Ancient One[/QUOTE]

they can do it in any department but you need to have the ad in hand they wont take anything electronic not even the same ad just digital

but i went back with a friend later that day and they would not price match because the picture in the ad is different then the real copy of the game so it depends on who you talk to about price matching

[quote name='jeremy517']Just take the ad and the game up to the cashier and tell them that you want to pricematch.[/QUOTE]

Thanks Strangenova and Jeremy517.
Price matched Fallout 3 GoY at Best Buy.
Took about 5 minutes total.

Price matched Fallout 3 GOTY at Wal-mart, since it seems every BB in Oregon is out now. Woodburn Walmart has plenty. Thanks for the heads up, I would have glanced right over it.

In case anyone is interested, Best Buy at Cascade Station (by PDX) supposedly has it in stock. I didn't actually go there to confirm though.

[quote name='Jerry-kun']Price matched Fallout 3 GOTY at Wal-mart, since it seems every BB in Oregon is out now. Woodburn Walmart has plenty. Thanks for the heads up, I would have glanced right over it.[/QUOTE]
The one by the Factory outlet stores across I-5? The PS3 version?

I was planning to hit the BB in Salem. Are they sold out? I may have to hit Walmart instead now. Thanks for the tip.

bread's done
Back