Free 1-month of Xbox Live Gold. It works for some existing Gold members as well.

Thank You Very Much, CodeTrader! Worked for me, right on the day that new games are available (Lords Of The Fallen, Borderlands). Happy Gaming!

How weird, i only got 45 days extended on mines unlike the 1 or 2 months everybody else has gotten.  Did anybody else get this too?

No, but I read a story on Reddit where someone did it a few years back and was banned a couple of weeks later
I was apart of that group actually posted on here for few years ago.

How can you confirm the one month was added?

Edit - Just got the email.

Last edited by a moderator:
ATTENTION: This only works if you have an Active credit card attached to your Xbox account. If you're like me and renew your Xbox Live subscription through redeem cards and codes, this will Not work.

ATTENTION: This only works if you have an Active credit card attached to your Xbox account. If you're like me and renew your Xbox Live subscription through redeem cards and codes, this will Not work.
How did you figure that out? I think someone earlier said they only had a PayPal attached to their account and was still able to get it.

I have a debit card attached to my account. Is that the same thing?

I switched to a credit card and got two months. It wouldn't let me try again after that but I guess that's your best bet on getting this deal to work.

Went form expiring on 4/4 to 5/17. Make sure you go back to the subscriptions page and turn off auto-renew if you don't want it. 

Interesting note is it shows up as "paid" by my credit card on file so I assume you will need some sort of payment method to take advantage of this. 

I have a debit card attached to my account. Is that the same thing?
A debit card is very much like a credit card. It will work for You. However, imho, it is a Bad idea to attach a Debit card to Any account online. There was a Youtuber that I frequently watch who got his Paypal account hacked, and since his Debit card was attached to it, someone stole $200 from his card.

A debit card is very much like a credit card. It will work for You. However, imho, it is a Bad idea to attach a Debit card to Any account online. There was a Youtuber that I frequently watch who got his Paypal account hacked, and since his Debit card was attached to it, someone stole $200 from his card.
You can remove the card from your account.

Got one, but it wouldn't let me use a second. A few months ago, 12 month subs for $30 were common, but I haven't seen a deal in a long time so it was nice to get this for free.

Thanks OP. I got the "update your payment options" error when checking out. Simply clicked a different credit card and my XBL is now extended 45 days I believe.

Not true. I've never had a card of any kind on my account and got almost two full months just fine.

Says $9.99 for me. :*(
same here..

(but to be fair i did just add a free month trial promo a few days ago but thought i'd try anyway to see if it would extend)

(but i have an active card and all that jazz)

(oh well)

My membership just reverted to Silver/FREE back on 3/1 but I was still able to get the 1st GWG of Mar. since it went live the night before, ....2/29.  Also got the X1 freebie queued.  

Anyone else recall the 3/10/10 avalanche of codes from that Netflix promo -- gone 'awry' ?   :razz:

I actually thought about that a few days ago on the 6th anniversary.   ;)

I can use this at the END of the month and not miss the current GWG.  I've got 14 day codes that bridged the gap during March to keep me "online".  

No go for me. Tried on my iPhone/safari. No go. Downloaded Google Chrome, tried through that. No go. Called Microsoft customer support & the lady said there's nothing she can do. Tried on PC. No go. Will try from console later tonight even though I know it won't work. I added a credit card & it still didn't work. Kept saying you can only use a certain amount per account. I've redeemed plenty of free 2 week trials & a couple 1 month trials in the past so I guess they ain't having it. Oh well. I still have a few 14 day trials I took out of the 25 used copies of Gears of War Judgment at my local GameStops. Online should be free anyway like good ol' PS3.

*+ Tried on the Xbone. No to the go. :(

Looks to be dead

ICBFx5k.png

No go for me. Tried on my iPhone/safari. No go. Downloaded Google Chrome, tried through that. No go. Called Microsoft customer support & the lady said there's nothing she can do. Tried on PC. No go. Will try from console later tonight even though I know it won't work. I added a credit card & it still didn't work.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w3m5z-MO-is

bread's done
Back