FREE $10 Best Buy gift card with Left 4 Dead 2

slidewayz88

CAGiversary!
Best Buy is giving a free $10 gift card w/ the pre-order of Left 4 Dead 2.

Xbox 360 & PC

Valid 9/27-11/16

I'm sorry if this has already been posted, I double checked with the search so please no burning if it's a double, Thanks :)

How much for L4D support? :\

Anyways, Amazon has it for $45 - $4.50 ECA so they have the better deal after factoring tax.

Gotta start keeping an eye out for this one. If AZ already has it for $40.50 w/ ECA... (interesting how the $40 price point nearly illustrates an expansion, much like ODST is nearing $40.. -cough cough-)

[quote name='shrike4242']PC version on Amazon is $45, 360 version is $55.[/QUOTE]
It will be $20 on BF, just like L4D was last year. I can't see paying more than that for a game that sees absolutely no support. We still don't have a functional SDK and the promised Crash Course DLC has yet to materialize (two days left in the month Valve. . .). TF2 is on their, what, 64th map pack and it cost $20? Valve should dump the old Turtle Rock employees and give it to a studio that gives a shit about their game.

I'm also going to wait around for black friday on this one. i loved the first one, but i was blown away by how quickly the price dropped and was even more surprised at how quickly a sequel was announced. it's almost annoying. However, i am still excited and will still be picking up L4D2, I'll just be waiting for a better price.

[quote name='Jodou']It will be $20 on BF, just like L4D was last year. I can't see paying more than that for a game that sees absolutely no support. We still don't have a functional SDK and the promised Crash Course DLC has yet to materialize (two days left in the month Valve. . .). TF2 is on their, what, 64th map pack and it cost $20? Valve should dump Turtle Rock and give it to a studio that gives a shit about their game.[/QUOTE]Let me start out by saying I sympathize with you completely. That said, Crash Course will be released tomorrow. Since Crash Course had to go through the 360 certification process, I'm pretty confident the PC version is already done and has been done for a while it's just a matter of them flipping the switch so us filthy PC folk don't get it faster than the 360 ones. Still though, this is valve so expect it at 11:59PST but with too many bugs to really play it.

Man you own L4D so you know how this game is played.

Still a good post OP :)

Release date source:
ArsTechnica

[quote name='spuffin']Let me start out by saying I sympathize with you completely. That said, Crash Course will be released tomorrow. Since Crash Course had to go through the 360 certification process, I'm pretty confident the PC version is already done and has been done for a while it's just a matter of them flipping the switch so us filthy PC folk don't get it faster than the 360 ones. Still though, this is valve so expect it at 11:59PST but with too many bugs to really play it.

Man you own L4D so you know how this game is played.[/QUOTE]
That's news to me; not sure how I missed that. Not surprising since they do have a history of last minute promise keeping. They also need to dump 360 support since M$ is dead set on charging for DLC ($7 for otherwise free content is price gouging) and the said delays due to certification process.

I've played the game for almost a year now and I'm finally losing interest because the game just stagnated while they worked on number two. Yes, pun intended.

I've got it pre-ordered at Amazon for $43.99 with 2xECA. Even at that price, I might end up canceling (unless they add a $10 GC) since I wouldn't be shocked if a $39.99 type deal pops up on BF for the 360 version as it did last year.

[quote name='mac101010']Thanks for the post OP.

Oh and Masenura, torrent much? ;)

Seriously though, 500+ Mbps??!?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I luv my connection. In reality it's only 20/5, but speedtests measure connections speed, not the cap modems put on. Remember when Verizon touted they could do 400Mbps, but "No one is interested in that kind of speed"?

Looks like that statement is pretty true, and verizon modems just cap it off to what you pay. Most of my speedtests get between 200-500Mb in my area, and 100mb everywhere else.

[quote name='Jodou'] Valve should dump the old Turtle Rock employees and give it to a studio that gives a shit about their game.[/QUOTE]

Um, they already did. Why do you think L4D2 is coming out so quickly? Cuz they were working on it while Turtle Rock (Valve South) were finishing up part 1. A month before part 1 launched they dissolved "Valve South", only kept the two founders, and gave everyone else the boot. They didn't even get enough free copies of L4D to cover the entire office.

How do I know this? I know guys that used to work there. Kind of a dick move by Valve, so don't blame Turtle Rock for not caring about the game. They cared plenty, Valve doesn't because honestly it's not their game. L4D2 is more Valve's game and they'll put the work into that title

@Masenaru

Oh I see that's interesting. Never thought about the modem capping thing.

@Steve0Matic

Do you know why Turtle Rock was shut down?

That's awesome with the $10 GC, however is Best Buy also doing the $5 off Pre-Order deal that Game Crazy & GameStop are doing????

...you guys don't seem to understand

the offer detail says
"Online only offer. Offer applies only to the select titles listed. Excludes prior purchases. May not be valid in combination with other offers."

so no its not 5$ pre order.

[quote name='Steve0Matic']Um, they already did. Why do you think L4D2 is coming out so quickly? Cuz they were working on it while Turtle Rock (Valve South) were finishing up part 1. A month before part 1 launched they dissolved "Valve South", only kept the two founders, and gave everyone else the boot. They didn't even get enough free copies of L4D to cover the entire office.

How do I know this? I know guys that used to work there. Kind of a dick move by Valve, so don't blame Turtle Rock for not caring about the game. They cared plenty, Valve doesn't because honestly it's not their game. L4D2 is more Valve's game and they'll put the work into that title[/QUOTE]
Huh, I knew that they shut down Turtle Rock, but I thought they had just absorbed most of the company to work on L4D. Suddenly the clouds parted and all was clear. . .

I bought L4D last year at Best Buy for $60 and don't regret it one bit. I'll be picking it up there this year for sure and this time I have $20 in RZ certificates and a $10 GC coming to boot. Thanks OP.

[quote name='judgedee']...you guys don't seem to understand

the offer detail says
"Online only offer. Offer applies only to the select titles listed. Excludes prior purchases. May not be valid in combination with other offers."

so no its not 5$ pre order.[/QUOTE]

Oh, didn't see that. I thought it was good in store as well. Thanks for clearing it up.

[quote name='banzaiwolfe']I'm going to wait and see what Valve offers for preordering through Steam for now.[/QUOTE]

For L4D, it was 10% off ($44.99) and early access to the demo. I wouldn't expect anything too different than that. It was even the same for Orange Box. 10% off and beta access to TF2.

bread's done
Back