Free $10 Gift Certificates From EBGAMES

Status
Not open for further replies.

Valkryst

CAGiversary!
Because TheDealMasterX is trying to scam fellow CAG's out of their hard earned money with this trick
(on the trading boards he's charging $5 per cert.)
Scam 1
Scam 2
I am posting it here so everyone can use it without having to pay.

Pre-order any game EBgames.com

After you submit your order click on the "claim your $10 certificate" button.

Then enter your email address and you get a $10 certificate.

Cancel your pre-order.
(its easy to do online, just go to order status on the EB page)
Call reservation rewards at 1-888-688-5995
and cancel your account (its free for the 1st 30 days then they charge you)

rinse and repeat as needed.

you end up with as many free $10 certs as you want.

It takes about 1 minute total (the phone call is uber fast and they are polite)

and I do not think they are stackable w/other coupons.

[quote name='C_A']God dammit no wonder someone sold me a EBGames gift certificate for 6. That asshole. :p[/quote]

6?

he sold to me for 4.50, you really did get hosed

I'm too honest to do such a thing but I do appreciate the fact that you let us know how he was getting the certs.

I hope people aren't going to abuse the free gift cert offer. If EB catches on then they may discontinue any such offers in the future. No I'm not saying I've never taken advantage of an unusually great deal (I bought some EA games during their stackabe coupon fiasco a while back, for example). I'm just saying I hope people won't abuse this to the point where EB will stop offering such deals. We're all entitled to our own opinions, and this is just my 2 cents.

Damn, I was planning to do that but I forgot all about it. Like they say, a fool and his money are soon parted.

(Before I get flamed, I was one of those fools. Oh well, its only $5)

[quote name='magilacudy']Damn, I was planning to do that but I forgot all about it. Like they say, a fool and his money are soon parted.

(Before I get flamed, I was one of those fools. Oh well, its only $5)[/quote]

Yeah, but in a way, you could have gotten $15 off something at ebgames.com

If they were stackable, everyone would totally be abusing it.

Can anyone answer my question? Why is the phone call required if you can just cancel the order online?

[quote name='imacheapasstoo']I hope people aren't going to abuse the free gift cert offer. If EB catches on then they may discontinue any such offers in the future. [/quote]

On second thought, if the entire $10 for the gift cert is being paid by that "rewards" company, people should get all the certs they want. I hate those rewards companies. They do nothing but con people and send them spam. :evil:

[quote name='Valkryst']

Cancel your pre-order.
(its easy to do online, just go to order status on the EB page)
Call reservation rewards at 1-888-688-5995
and cancel your account (its free for the 1st 30 days then they charge you)

.[/quote]

Sounds like there are 2 cancellations. The online one is the cancellation of the pre-order. The phone in one is Reservation Rewards.

[quote name='Wario64']If they were stackable, everyone would totally be abusing it.

Can anyone answer my question? Why is the phone call required if you can just cancel the order online?[/quote]

It takes longer for the online request to go through, and some people haven't got e-mails back. At least with the phone call you can get instant verification that everythings cancelled.

I got a few of these last month, used them for my ps2 headset (can't use more then 1 at a time), and some old gameboy games i wanted to replace the coupon is only good for 10.00 or more, so those 9.99 games/items don't work( had to buy the .99 cents giftwrap)so stuff was only costing me .98 cents

[quote name='punqsux']magilacudy seriously...lay off that damn coffee!! 1k in under 2 months?!.....damn[/quote]

Damn posting gets addictive. Especially when I'm supposed to be doing work... :?

the online cancellation is instant at Reservation Rewards
They'll send you an e-mail instatly after cancellation.

[quote name='chwang0129']the online cancellation is instant at Reservation Rewards
They'll send you an e-mail instatly after cancellation.[/quote]

Did you cancel by email or phone?

[quote name='Wario64'][quote name='chwang0129']the online cancellation is instant at Reservation Rewards
They'll send you an e-mail instatly after cancellation.[/quote]

Did you cancel by email or phone?[/quote]

I canceled by clicking a few links on R.R.

1. Click on FAQ.
2. Click on General Questions.
3. Click on "How to Cancel xxxx" and proceed

:)

Sounds to good to be true then it is. I thought this was a scam. Here is a ten dollar bill for your silver penny ( its worth like a gizallion on ebay ha ha h a)

Anyways gald I didn't take the bait! Oh can we BAN users who scam their fellow cheapass? Just a thought!

Not only did I buy 4 of them for 17.50, he cancelled the payment and asked for 18.50 (the extra dollar to cover the PayPal fees!)

Oh well, I would have never cancelled the rewards membership and would have been hosed that way, so no big deal. You would hope that people wouldn't try to scan other members. :) Besides, I got the complete set of McFarlaen 3" MLB duos for like 20 bucks total thanks to this.

id agree, i dont feel scammed, im fine with it and i bought 4 of them for 18$

while what he did was a lil sneaky, it wasnt illegal or unjust, and it was actully a pretty good grift. dont ban him, we paid for a service and got what we paid for

[quote name='magilacudy'][quote name='punqsux']magilacudy seriously...lay off that damn coffee!! 1k in under 2 months?!.....damn[/quote]

Damn posting gets addictive. Especially when I'm supposed to be doing work... :?[/quote] yo man do you ever play your games?

[quote name='m_d_amore'] yo man do you ever play your games?[/quote]

haha...Over Spring Break I got to play some since I had the flu. But normally I don't get to play at all. This weekend I just got into D&D Heroes with my friend, but thats about it. Its more fun getting deals and posting about them and other random crap. How pathetic does that sound?!

I bookmarked the page.. and its still up.

After you submit your pre-order you'll see a link near the bottom of the order summary table.

It will say something like "click here to claim your free $10 gift certificate" in small text

EDIT:
No they don't bill till the PO's ship.

Hey this company charged my paypal( in which i paid for my games for ebgames.com) 2 $1.00 charges for no reason be careful. I just reported my paypal virtual credit card stolen and that takes care of that!!

I just tried doing it and I didn't get the coupon. I clicked on the $10 gift link and signed up for RR. Who sends you the coupon EB or RR?

The coupon is a pop up, it's instantly after you put your e-mail and verify it. In the pop-up would have your name and a password in red letters. Scroll down a bit and your coupon code is right there. It is easy to miss.

They also send it to you in an e-mail with your "member benefits." I didn't get this with one of the e-mail accounts I used and missed the pop up from my blocker. If that happened, it should still be in your history under "one-time offers..."

Oh crap. I'm using mozilla stopping the pop-ups. Do I do this all over again, or is there a way of findiing out what my code was?

wow i just tryed this and it works well, the cancelation is so simple, i apologize to those i disagreed with

just picked up rygar and backyard baseball 2001 (had to get over the 10$) for 98 cents!

Awesome deal Valkryst. I just picked up Rygar and have UT2k4 for only $10 and change after rebate. Thanks a lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back