Free $10 Serve AMEX giftcard, possible $20

All my stuff is up to date so I guess I'll wait the 24 hours before trying again. Does it display a message saying it was sent to your email?

[quote name='heratio']All my stuff is up to date so I guess I'll wait the 24 hours before trying again. Does it display a message saying it was sent to your email?[/QUOTE]

After I answered and won the $10, it loaded a bit, I entered my email, and then a screen came up saying that I should get my email in 1 business day. If it isn't showing that last screen for you, try it with a different browser.

[quote name='Dazed iLLusion']Saw a post on slickdeals saying you can create 4 subaccounts and get $10 for each one by playing the game again making another easy $40.

Not sure if that's true or not but I gave it a shot yesterday and now I'm just waiting to see if it does deposit the money. I'll let you guys know if it works.[/QUOTE]

Confirmed!:D

Just got 4 emails a few mins ago for each of my sub accounts. I then simply confirmed all 4 transactions and then transferred them all to my main account, easy $40. Looks like i just paid of the Batman: Arkham City CE i got yesterday ;)

[quote name='Dazed iLLusion']Confirmed!:D

Just got 4 emails a few mins ago for each of my sub accounts. I then simply confirmed all 4 transactions and then transferred them all to my main account, easy $40. Looks like i just paid of the Batman: Arkham City CE i got yesterday ;)[/QUOTE]

Oh my word. So you need 4 different emails? What did you do about the names and phone numbers?

[quote name='Dazed iLLusion']Yep 4 different emails, enter your name (or whatever you want) and I didn't enter any phone numbers.[/QUOTE]

Thanks. Oh, it looks like a Serve card is sent to them too..so I'd be getting 5 cards total sent here..not sure if I want that.

Weird I only got one email about the card being sent to me and it was for my main account. I doubt they'll send out a card for the sub accounts.

Talking about the serve card, any one actually get theirs in the mail yet?

When creating a sub account, it says this on the bottom.

One-time subaccount fee of $2.95 waived through January 1, 2012.

[quote name='Dazed iLLusion']Weird I only got one email about the card being sent to me and it was for my main account. I doubt they'll send out a card for the sub accounts.

Talking about the serve card, any one actually get theirs in the mail yet?[/QUOTE]

When I created a subaccount, it said that it would be sent to them in however many business days (5-7?)

[quote name='bosanac']When creating a sub account, it says this on the bottom.

One-time subaccount fee of $2.95 waived through January 1, 2012.[/QUOTE]

Yes, that just means that normally, you'd have to pay a fee. Since we are doing this before January 1st, there is no fee.

[quote name='Dazed iLLusion']ah false alarm, they caught on quick and removed the $40. Oh well, it was worth a a shot.[/QUOTE]

Props for giving it a try though.

Yeah, it was worth a shot but it was too good to be true. :)

And I figured this would happen. I just got my Serve account closed too, if you like serve and want to use it in the future don't try the sub account trick.

so I suppose this means we're getting an AMEX type of credit/debit card in the mail. That means the $10 credited can be spent with that same card right? Was going to transfer the $10 over to a bank account but am unsure if it'll be possible to remove the bank info. later on and if they'll keep any personal information as such on file.

[quote name='intoxicated662']so I suppose this means we're getting an AMEX type of credit/debit card in the mail. That means the $10 credited can be spent with that same card right? Was going to transfer the $10 over to a bank account but am unsure if it'll be possible to remove the bank info. later on and if they'll keep any personal information as such on file.[/QUOTE]

If your unsure about putting your bank account on file you should wait for the debit card, it might take a while to arrive though.

ok so still no $10 and i did click the link to sign up and receive it and this morning got an e-mail saying they wanted more verification of my SS and address i could scan my ID, but is it worth it? i mean sure i want the free $20, but i also thought i could use the card they send to add funds to my PSN since i don't want to use my actual debit card anymore i was thinking send money from my account to the card then use that advice? worth it to let them see my ID?

[quote name='ArmorForVictor']ok so still no $10 and i did click the link to sign up and receive it and this morning got an e-mail saying they wanted more verification of my SS and address i could scan my ID, but is it worth it? i mean sure i want the free $20, but i also thought i could use the card they send to add funds to my PSN since i don't want to use my actual debit card anymore i was thinking send money from my account to the card then use that advice? worth it to let them see my ID?[/QUOTE]

That's really something you have to decide for yourself. It IS a secure website and it IS a legitimate company. If you have doubt though, then don't do it.

[quote name='Yamato']That's really something you have to decide for yourself. It IS a secure website and it IS a legitimate company. If you have doubt though, then don't do it.[/QUOTE]

i went ahead and did what they wanted it's just my ID and this looks pretty promising compared to paypal since you get an actual card that can be useful to me also shot them a message about the $10 for signing up which i assume once my identity is verified will be put into my account

Over 24 hours later and not even an email about getting the $10 from www.playmoneymaker.com
(still happy about the 1st free $10)

Also can't add my checking account. Keeps saying the bank account number is wrong :(

Sent them an email to them last night about not being able to link my checking account. Waiting for a reply

ok got a response back 2-3 days till they verify me then the $10 should be placed in my account hope everything goes ok and the other $10 still no e-mail from that either

I got the $10 from the bonus quiz. I assume everyone else will have theirs as well. You have to accept it so check your accounts to do so.

I got the bonus $10 from the quiz this morning too and dumped the $20 into my checking account...hey if I never use the service again, it was worth for a $20 spot!

I just wanted to confirm that adding multiple subaccounts and playing the moneymover game with each of those works. I've received $10 for each of the 2 subaccounts I've added so far, and am adding more.

Also just a tip, if you have gmail, you can create the subaccounts using the same email address with some periods added.

Like, if you used [email protected] for your main account, you could have subaccounts with [email protected], [email protected], etc. That's what I've done.

The quiz money came today for me as well.
Thanks again OP!!!

EDIT: No problem adding checking account. I'm an idiot and was putting the check number in the confirm account number box

Last edited by a moderator:
so does accepting the money transfer require you to link a bank account or credit card? that's what it's telling me once i click accept transfer

[quote name='ArmorForVictor']so does accepting the money transfer require you to link a bank account or credit card? that's what it's telling me once i click accept transfer[/QUOTE]

I accepted the money and did not have to link anything yet. I have $20 in my Serve account.

[quote name='bob101910']I accepted the money and did not have to link anything yet. I have $20 in my Serve account.[/QUOTE]

bleh i guess i i have to wait til they verify me i'll try once they do that thanks

[quote name='crazyivan19']Yup, just wanted to confirm that I also got the extra $10.42. Not sure what's up with the extra .42 cents, but hey... I'll take it.[/QUOTE]

Paypal does this as well. It's to verify the account before they try adding any serious money. They gave me two amounts when I put it on my cheking account years ago for like 7 and 19 cents or something.

[quote name='fullmetal']I just wanted to confirm that adding multiple subaccounts and playing the moneymover game with each of those works. I've received $10 for each of the 2 subaccounts I've added so far, and am adding more.

Nice Find! Gonna try it out.

[quote name='fullmetal']I just wanted to confirm that adding multiple subaccounts and playing the moneymover game with each of those works. I've received $10 for each of the 2 subaccounts I've added so far, and am adding more.

Also just a tip, if you have gmail, you can create the subaccounts using the same email address with some periods added.

Like, if you used [email protected] for your main account, you could have subaccounts with [email protected], [email protected], etc. That's what I've done.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the confirmation!! I just added two subaccounts, so if it works, I'll make $40 out of this. Nice!

Or you'll get your account closed like the other guy. While more money would be nice, I actually see myself using this a lot in the future, so the risk isn't worth it.

While it would be nice to hear back from fullmetal to see if his account is ok, currently it's ymmv if you'll get your account closed. Lets hope my incident was a one time thing and that everyone currently doing it will get lucky enough to get the $40 and not get their account closed.

[quote name='Dazed iLLusion']While it would be nice to hear back from fullmetal to see if his account is ok, currently it's ymmv if you'll get your account closed. Lets hope my incident was a one time thing and that everyone currently doing it will get lucky enough to get the $40 and not get their account closed.[/QUOTE]

I only got as far as making a sub account and they said they locked my account. I was able to request a withdrawal though still

[quote name='atomicmouse']I only got as far as making a sub account and they said they locked my account. I was able to request a withdrawal though still[/QUOTE]

Ah man they got tighter on security, thanks for your reply though. Cleared up that whole closed account thing a bit. We'll see how it went with fullmetal and crazyivan19.

Well, damn, sorry to hear you guys got your accounts closed. And, hopefully, my advice didn't jeopardize too many others.

As of just now, my account is still active with the extra from my 2 subaccounts. We'll see if they get me too.

Just got my $10 from the game, and just got the small deposits to my bank account to verify. Transferred the $20 over, just waiting now.

Well crap... they closed my sub-accounts. However, my original account is still active with the $20, so I still have that.

Ah well... it was worth a try.

Yeah, as soon as I heard accounts were getting closed, I canceled the one subaccount that I made. I felt guilty and didn't bother making 4. I'm more than happy with my $20. Thanks OP!

[quote name='mercenar1e']i just logged into my account, i made 4 subaccounts and 2 of them are no longer there.. how do i know if my account is locked?[/QUOTE]

it says in BIG red letters that your account is locked and to contact customer support.

[quote name='needler420']LOL the last four digits of your social lmao. Some of you are dumber then I thought.[/QUOTE]

Serve is owned by American Express.. how are people dumb?

bread's done
Back