Free 1600 XBox Marketplace Points

Such an interesting marketing tie-in...online dating and Xbox live content. What are they trying to say?

I'm going to try it though. A few free Live Arcade games is worth it IMO.

Not really free since you have to sign up using a credit card and then go through the hassle of cancelling the membership etc.

No no no.
I'm still paying for that True.com offer and I cancelled.

i signed up through true.com before for free shit... just make sure to use a spammy email acount... they sent me annoying shit every week.. They stopped a couple of weeks ago....

I signed up for true.com, cancelled at the end of the trial and got my marketplace points card (I accually got the card in the mail before I even cancelled, like 3 days after signing up). True did email me one week later but then I clicked the unsubscribe to emails link.

You can also just set up a temporary free hotmail account too to use with true if you are really worried about it...

[quote name='AvidGamer361']I signed up for true.com, cancelled at the end of the trial and got my marketplace points card (I accually got the card in the mail before I even cancelled, like 3 days after signing up). True did email me one week later but then I clicked the unsubscribe to emails link.

You can also just set up a temporary free hotmail account too to use with true if you are really worried about it...[/QUOTE]

Sure, we'll believe your first post.

I just received an email telling me they are shipping out the card by Friday, will post again once I receive the card.

Took only about 2 minutes on the phone to cancel the subscription. He tried to offer 30 days longer for free but I just said no and he cancelled it without being pushy(nothing like the AOL bastard).

[quote name='fraggedbylaggers']So you just sign up for a free trial and then cancel before it ends? I may have to lie about my age for this one...[/QUOTE]
Yes, I got email confirmation after one day that I've been verified for the promotion from then which I cancelled the True subscription. If you lie about your birthdate, make sure you remember what your fake birthdate is as they have you recite it when you cancel.

Got my confirmation. Cancelation of my account took about 70 seconds. Like an earlier poster, I was offered a free month.

Total time invested about 5 minutes.

i'll paypal $10 for someone's card or code (no need for shipping the actual card when you get it, just PM the code) for the 1600 pts

is a credit card needed? because i dont have one :cry: and i need some ms points. so can anyone tell me if i need a credit card? cuase i went through a pretty good amount of it and noticed i didnt need a credit card but i read earlier u did

I signed up.

I've got a junk e-mail account so spam isn't an issue and if they try to charge me after I cancel I'll let Bank of America deal with them.

Now I just hope I actually get the points.

Tempting. I just hate cancelling via phone, even though it doesn't seem to be much of an issue in this case.

EDIT: Though, if I do this at home with another credit card, I could get 3200 points total!

(I have two home addresses, one 911 address, and one old address they still send our mail to!) ;)

Well, I received an e-mail from 360achiever.com stating my points will be mailed by Tuesday.

I then called up True.com and asked to cancel my trial. The lady offered an additional 30 trial and gave me some tips regarding how to get more clicks (like I give a damn) and tried to persuade me for a minute to keep the account. She wasn't pushy or anything; she was just doing her job.

Anyhow, my membership has been cancelled and the points should be on their way in a few days. So far I haven't encountered any problems at all. I'll keep you all updated in case anything does happen.

Signed up the other day and got an email saying that my points would be shipped tuesday also. I called and canceled today(got the extension offer and declined). Has anyone got a confirmation email after they canceled? The cancel seemed to be too easy and i have yet to get anything in writing.

btw thanks op!

signed up on friday got the email comfirmation and canceled the membership on monday my points will be mailed in a week. not a bad deal at all.

can't believe i signed up. Oh well, looking forward to the 1600 points. Can't wait to cancel though

[quote name='d00k']Ungh, I want to do this, but I don't think my parents would be to happy about it. They're going to think that I'm just falling for a scam.[/QUOTE]

Then just wait and see if anyone else gets their points or not. I should be getting my shipping notice tomorrow (hopefully), and so are some others. You're not the only one on the fence, and I'll keep you updated as things progress (along with other members I would hope).

Totally got my 1600 points today. Entered them into the system and voila!

Free copy of Small Arms and Castle Crushers.

Just remember to cancel your true membership, the site sucks.

Thanks for passing this deal along.

I wasn't comfortable about giving True.com my real name and credit card number. I've got a Citibank card and on their site, you can have it generate a virtual temporary number different from your actual account number for use with online shopping. Still I don't like the fact that there's a record of my name registering for that crappy site.

[quote name='Rig']Tempting. I just hate cancelling via phone
[/quote]

yeah I really hate that too mite give it a go tho

[quote name='Callandor']Huh, I had to cancel by today to avoid charges, but I haven't yet received any shipment email notification...[/QUOTE]

CANCEL NOW!

I didn't get a shipping confirmation, only an initial confirmation that my order went through. If you actually pay for TRUE then it wasnt really worth it even if you got the 1600 points. Either way, you should call them up.

When I alled up all I had to say was "I want to cancel my membership" The guy said "OK, hold on a second while I cancel your trial membership" 30 seconds later I recieved an email saying my account was officially cancelled. Easiest phone cancellation EVER.

[quote name='darkrage']When I alled up all I had to say was "I want to cancel my membership" The guy said "OK, hold on a second while I cancel your trial membership" 30 seconds later I recieved an email saying my account was officially cancelled. Easiest phone cancellation EVER.[/quote] Yeah, it was really easy. I got my e-mail confirming that my XBLM points would be shipped soon, and right afterwards I cancelled my True membership thingy. Such an easy process for a pretty sweet gift. I say go for it for anybody on the fence. What have you got to lose besides maybe 10 minutes of your time, at most?

[quote name='darkrage']CANCEL NOW![/QUOTE]

Yeah, I did already. I did that right before I posted that message. I'm keeping an eye on my credit card to make sure they don't charge me.

But if I don't get my points... :bomb:

[quote name='darkrage']30 seconds later I recieved an email saying my account was officially cancelled. Easiest phone cancellation EVER.[/QUOTE]

I didn't receive a cancellation e-mail when I cancelled the account. Has everyone else gotten a cancellation notice?

[quote name='captainfrizo']I didn't receive a cancellation e-mail when I cancelled the account. Has everyone else gotten a cancellation notice?[/quote]

i never got a comformation of the cancel in an email also, makes me kind of nervous.

bread's done
Back