Free 1600 XBox Marketplace Points

[quote name='Fredrick2003']I don't think I am going to try this one... To easy for stuff to go wrong.[/quote]

ive never heard of no one getting their points..plus GE Critics choice is proven a good place and its free

I've already done this for the free Wii points card. I'm guessing I can do it again for this promotion, as long as I use a different email?

I signed up on aug 22, same as malik.....still no confirmation for the points.....I'll wait two seconds lol

EDIT: Lol it actually came today, but it was under spam.

How long does it take to get the code in your email if you asked for it that way?

I'm going to have to sign up for this. I did the True signup and then moved on to GL but I could always use more MS points.

[quote name='ranmasama']I signed up on aug 22, same as malik.....still no confirmation for the points.....I'll wait two seconds lol

EDIT: Lol it actually came today, but it was under spam.

How long does it take to get the code in your email if you asked for it that way?[/quote]It should be instant. You click link, then lin ksends you to a new page.

Actually, I just got the first email saying "Your Xbox 360 Marketplace Points Card Will Be Shipped Soon" and that they will send me a 2nd email to ask if I want to do it through email or address(i didn't put an address anyway). When does the 2nd email usually come?

On a side note, I just canceled the critics choice. I just called and in a minute I got a person. I said I wanted to cancel and gave my member number and she said she canceled the membership and I will be refunded for the month ($2.50). Quick and Easy.

[quote name='ranmasama']Actually, I just got the first email saying "Your Xbox 360 Marketplace Points Card Will Be Shipped Soon" and that they will send me a 2nd email to ask if I want to do it through email or address(i didn't put an address anyway). When does the 2nd email usually come?

On a side note, I just canceled the critics choice. I just called and in a minute I got a person. I said I wanted to cancel and gave my member number and she said she canceled the membership and I will be refunded for the month ($2.50). Quick and Easy.[/quote]Oh, in that case, probably a week or two.

I just called and the lady asked for a critic choice member number. Where is that located lol? Did they send a email that I skipped?
EDIT: okay I recalled and this new guy saiod that the lady asked for the wrong thing. Anyway I got it canceled and he said to me "Did you sign up just for a free item online? I said....... uh I i don't think I did. then he said "oh because I do it all the time and recently I did it for free microsoft points with blockbuster"

XD the employees are doing it too!

As I said before I got in canceled, now to wait for the email to ask me if I want it through snail mail or with email.

Assembler, did you get an email for your stamps cancellation?
I didn't get one and I called back. The lady picked up and I asked her if my account got cancelled. After I gave her my member id, she said that mine was cancelled.

Still didn't get my refund yet.........

I'm glad I found this thread. According to this thread on SD, a couple of people never got their point cards. I signed up before reading those posts, on Thursday August 30th and haven't gotten a confirmation email asking if I want the points emailed or sent via mail. I'm glad some of you have gotten the confirmation email, but I have a bad feeling about this. I emailed them twice to confirm so far and haven't gotten a single reply.

The domain's whois is hidden behind a Domains By Proxy account too, so no # to call.

Also I want to note that it was painless to cancel Critic's Choice. They do ask for your member # at first, but just tell them you don't have it handy and you can confirm your name and address for them instead.

Will keep everyone updated if I ever get anything.

[quote name='thericochet']I'm glad I found this thread. According to this thread on SD, a couple of people never got their point cards. I signed up before reading those posts, on Thursday August 30th and haven't gotten a confirmation email asking if I want the points emailed or sent via mail. I'm glad some of you have gotten the confirmation email, but I have a bad feeling about this. I emailed them twice to confirm so far and haven't gotten a single reply.

The domain's whois is hidden behind a Domains By Proxy account too, so no # to call.

Also I want to note that it was painless to cancel Critic's Choice. They do ask for your member # at first, but just tell them you don't have it handy and you can confirm your name and address for them instead.

Will keep everyone updated if I ever get anything.[/QUOTE]

Also never got my confirmation for my 1600 points card, signed up and finished the offer on August 15. E-mailed them several times through their web site form and through e-mail, no replies at all. Going to cancel Critic's Choice early this week though.

I got my confirmation email awhile back, going to cancel probably Thursday.
I sent them an email that I wanted the code via email, but I've yet to get a reply.

I should have my microsoft points by friday, since I got my confirmation email 8/20/07. The email said that they would send a email with the link to get the card online.

Closing accounts is easier than I thought. I mean, it was awesome being able to do it online on the True.com site, but I just called up Critics Choice and told them my name and zip and they canceled all three of my accounts, no questions.

The person I talk to at CE seem like she was new. She kept saying "um" alot, then saying something that sounded scripted. In other words, she was still looking for what to say and when.

Well I got my e-mail for my points card today, asking whether I wanted to get it online or have it sent by mail. Never got my confirmation e-mail so that was a nice surprise. Decided to get my code online and added 1600 points to my account!

[quote name='GenDV138']Well I got my e-mail for my points card today, asking whether I wanted to get it online or have it sent by mail. Never got my confirmation e-mail so that was a nice surprise. Decided to get my code online and added 1600 points to my account![/QUOTE]

Wait are you saying you successfully got the code sent to you, or that you're still waiting? If you got the code and it worked then I'm going to feel slightly less pessimistic and cheated.

[quote name='thericochet']Wait are you saying you successfully got the code sent to you, or that you're still waiting? If you got the code and it worked then I'm going to feel slightly less pessimistic and cheated.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I got the code sent to me. I never got my confirmation saying that I would get it after signing up on August 15 so I had a feeling I wouldn't get a code. So hopefully people who did the offer and never got the first confirmation e-mail will get their codes like me.

[quote name='GenDV138']Yeah, I got the code sent to me. I never got my confirmation saying that I would get it after signing up on August 15 so I had a feeling I wouldn't get a code. So hopefully people who did the offer and never got the first confirmation e-mail will get their codes like me.[/QUOTE]

Cool! Thanks for the update and clarification. I'll try to be patient for the next couple of weeks. I just wish he was more up front and would post updates saying he's backlogged or whatever the problem may be.

I did the online code way for the first time, of the 3 times that I have done this deal (TRUE, Blockbuster, GE Critic's Choice) It went through smoothly. Got the email link tonight.

Got the initial email (10-14 days) on 8/18 and got the email with my code last night. The True.com and Critic's Choice were flawless but never got anything from the Blockbuster deal....2 for 3 aint bad.

[quote name='Tommymoe']Got the initial email (10-14 days) on 8/18 and got the email with my code last night. The True.com and Critic's Choice were flawless but never got anything from the Blockbuster deal....2 for 3 aint bad.[/quote]

damn..i got my email on 8/26 .. looks like i'll have to wait a few more days

I did the Blockbuster sign up back in July ($9.99 first month). Never received a single response since. I've sent three emails (I've even followed their instructions to forward my sign up confirmation email). Complete load of crap.

I called to cancel just now and some lady helped me, but she asked me for how long I'd had it.
I said "About 2-3 weeks." and she said "Oh, you haven't even gotten your starter packet in the mail yet?" and I said no.
She told me I should wait for it, or they'll send me another and I just told her I wanted to cancel, but she kept insisting me to stay.
Eventually I just told her I didn't have time for that sort of stuff, so she let me cancel.
Hopefully I get that email soon!

Oh, and I could tell she was new because I heard her flipping through pages, and I used to do that when I was new at being a telemarketer.
...telemarketing sucks.

[quote name='JohnnyFoxDarko']I called to cancel just now and some lady helped me, but she asked me for how long I'd had it.
I said "About 2-3 weeks." and she said "Oh, you haven't even gotten your starter packet in the mail yet?" and I said no.
She told me I should wait for it, or they'll send me another and I just told her I wanted to cancel, but she kept insisting me to stay.
Eventually I just told her I didn't have time for that sort of stuff, so she let me cancel.
Hopefully I get that email soon!

Oh, and I could tell she was new because I heard her flipping through pages, and I used to do that when I was new at being a telemarketer.
...telemarketing sucks.[/QUOTE]

That's a pretty sleazy trick. The so-called "starter packet" is on their site as a 5 or 6 page pdf file..so she wanted you to wait until the membership renewed and thus charging you for another full month.

[quote name='thericochet']That's a pretty sleazy trick. The so-called "starter packet" is on their site as a 5 or 6 page pdf file..so she wanted you to wait until the membership renewed and thus charging you for another full month.[/quote]

Damn, glad I didn't fall for it.
Though, really, why would I?
Watch out for this.

Does anything show up on your cc bill, like "True.com subscription-$0.00"? Similar free trial deals have done me that way before, and the wife might not be too pleased if she sees anything like that.

[quote name='Rosco906']Does anything show up on your cc bill, like "True.com subscription-$0.00"? Similar free trial deals have done me that way before, and the wife might not be too pleased if she sees anything like that.[/quote]

your wife wont like that you didnt get charged anything on the credit card bill? WTF?

[quote name='Malik112099']your wife wont like that you didnt get charged anything on the credit card bill? WTF?[/QUOTE]
I'd say it's more likely that his wife wouldn't like that he had subscribed to a dating site.

[quote name='pete5883']I'd say it's more likely that his wife wouldn't like that he had subscribed to a dating site.[/quote]

Bingo! I tried explaining it and the second she heard "dating sight" she got all mad. So does it show up, or not? Anyone?

Hey guys, quick question -

I got a confirmation email on 9/6 saying my MS Points will be shipped soon, but also said I would be getting a follow up email explaining how I can get the points via email. How long does it usually take to get that email? And since I just cancelled the Critics Choice account, will I still get my points/email?

Thanks and hopefully that hasn't been asked 20 times already.

k just signed up for GE through the link from the email they sent
im guessing u cancel as soon as u get ur code
its a 30 day trial btw right

some coupon site now. Just signed up. Great deal if it goes through. Might just sign up with my brothers address or something to get another one.

[quote name='robot']Hey guys, quick question -

I got a confirmation email on 9/6 saying my MS Points will be shipped soon, but also said I would be getting a follow up email explaining how I can get the points via email. How long does it usually take to get that email? And since I just cancelled the Critics Choice account, will I still get my points/email?

Thanks and hopefully that hasn't been asked 20 times already.[/quote]

about a week or two

Just got my third game greened and I jumped on Halo 3. That must have been a recent addition since I was going to use my latest free game on Mass Effect.

bread's done
Back