Free 1600 XBox Marketplace Points

Meh, last time i did some free trail, I forgot to cancel it before they charged.

Oh well, it was the emusic thing for DL.TV, so all is good. And at least I have some use with MP3s.

Jumped on this anyways though, only within a week is short enough for me to remember to cancel.

Got my second one Yesterday. Which is good, mail doesn't come on T-Day, so I was hoping it would arrive on Wednesday instead of Friday.

And tip... you can do two per address, just use a different CC and name (like roommate, brother, etc). But I have heard of some people that used their own info twice and it worked.

This is what the mailing confirmation looks like (received it today)

Hello (Name),

Your Xbox 360 Marketplace Points Card has been shipped, you can
expect to receive it in the mail in about 2 days.

If you have any questions, feel free to reply to this email.

Cheers,
~The Xbox360Achiever.com Support Team

For a while I thought they were not going to send me anything...

Was going to do it, but can get the 1600 points card for $15. Not worth the hassle dealing with TRUE, if you ask me! Free or not! ;)

[quote name='sabbey']Was going to do it, but can get the 1600 points card for $15. Not worth the hassle dealing with TRUE, if you ask me! ;)[/quote]

I think we should disown you. ^He is no true CAG!!!;)

[quote name='cyber_ninja_monkey']"oh were sorry we will now be sending out your card but since the thanksgiving weekend situation it will be another 5 days for it to get to you"[/QUOTE]
Well mail doesn't come on Sundays or Turkey Day. And it didn't say 5 days, it said "a day or two" extra.

[quote name='VideoGameFreak']Got my second one Yesterday. Which is good, mail doesn't come on T-Day, so I was hoping it would arrive on Wednesday instead of Friday.

And tip... you can do two per address, just use a different CC and name (like roommate, brother, etc). But I have heard of some people that used their own info twice and it worked.[/quote]

i got a confirmation email from them and i canceled True immediately. but i haven't got a shipping email from them like the one stated above that your card has been shipped. so my question would be should i wait to receive my 1st card first then re-apply to get a 2nd card? or should i just go ahead do it now?? thanks

got 2 ship confirmations this weekend.

fyi for those who didn't know, they send out another e-mail when they actually ship the card.. as opposed to the first e-mail where they say it'll ship out in 10-14 business days

got my confirmation of sign up yesterday, and called in to cancel today. Got a guy named Elvis. Asked a few questions, and all done.

I still have to wait for the shipping notice, though even if I don't get it (which I doubt) it really only took less than 5 minutes of my time.

[quote name='ICEPICC']1 day later I got an email about recieving the card in the mail 10
to 14 business days.

Thanks for the info![/QUOTE]

Ordered/signed up on 11/11/06 - I didnt think this deal was real.

A little late due to Bird-day but I just got it on the 27th

Woo Hooo!

Thanks for your help!

[quote name='Mad-B-Man']got my confirmation of sign up yesterday, and called in to cancel today. Got a guy named Elvis. Asked a few questions, and all done.

I still have to wait for the shipping notice, though even if I don't get it (which I doubt) it really only took less than 5 minutes of my time.[/QUOTE]
It can take a bit to get the notice, but if you have the confirmation then you'll definately be getting the card.

I used a virtual card # and set a limit of $1 when I signed up for True. Anyone know if I can just close the virtual card # instead of calling them to cancel? Would that effectively be the same as cancelling my account, or are they gonna keep on trying to bill me?

Got both of mine I signed up for on the same day (different addresses home & work). The first person I talked with at TRUE.com was pretty easy going about me cancelling. The second guy apparently was a former employee of AOL. It took me about 5 tries of telling him I wanted to cancel before he let me. Still 2 cards for about 10 minutes of work, that ain't bad.

Got the card my g/f signed up for yesterday. I'm hoping that my card comes today. It's weird that both didn't come together since it's the same address. The letter that came with it said you can only do the promotion once. Has anyone actually tried doing it a second time with the same information or the same name, different address?

I just got my card in the mail. Free points! You just gotta watch these kinda things and be sure to cancel the membership in time and you are fine! Mark your calenders!

Did the trial yesterday, got the email confirming that they knew I signed up for the trial and would ship the card, and canceled in a quickie 2 minute painfree phone call today. Not much effort at all for the free card...let's see how long it takes to arrive...

Got mine yesterday. Took 13 days to get it from the day i signed up. and 11 days from confirmation.

How can you know for sure that they canceled your account?
Before finding a charge on that card i mean...heh.

Would also like to know that as well, just in case.

The phone call was quick and painless. How are people doing more than one? Are you using a friend's/parent's card and shipping to a different address?

I had a problem, my signup and everything went fine. I got my confirmation (not shipped yet), and I cancelled, no problem.

I got my girlfriend to sign up, we live together, but she has her own credit card.

She signed up fine at the xbox site, and went through the sign-up at true, but doing it the same way I did it, after answering what you have (hair, looks) and what is important to you in another person, it makes her take a compatibility test, which I never saw.

It never goes to the 7 day trial where she enters her card number and information.

In fact, I can't find anywhere where there is a way to sign up for the subscription. She just has the free basic account, so I doubt she'll get the card.

What's the problem? Is it because we have the same address?

hey thanks OP!
i just cancelled after getting both emails from box360achiever.com

first email: Thanks for registering for the promo!

second email: James -----------, Your Xbox 360 Marketplace Points Card Will Be Shipped Soon

just to let you know I asked if i could make sure my credit card wasn't on file anymore and the kind female employee offered to delete my entire account ( i can not log in anymore) and she offered to send me a confirmation email on my cancellation :)

thanks to this i'll get the expansion for lumines (i'm ranked 6th for the week!)
and maybe the billiards game

big up CAG

I signed up the 28th and have yet to receive any emails. Anyone have this problem?

I'm thinking I registered on true.com with a hotmail address but registered at True.com with a gmail address I have though I think I used the link they gave me. I'm hoping this works. I'd hate to have to go through the signup again and what not..

[quote name='dhs odium']I had a problem, my signup and everything went fine. I got my confirmation (not shipped yet), and I cancelled, no problem.

I got my girlfriend to sign up, we live together, but she has her own credit card.

She signed up fine at the xbox site, and went through the sign-up at true, but doing it the same way I did it, after answering what you have (hair, looks) and what is important to you in another person, it makes her take a compatibility test, which I never saw.

It never goes to the 7 day trial where she enters her card number and information.

In fact, I can't find anywhere where there is a way to sign up for the subscription. She just has the free basic account, so I doubt she'll get the card.

What's the problem? Is it because we have the same address?[/QUOTE]
Try clearing your cookies before she tries to sign up.

[quote name='VideoGameFreak']Try clearing your cookies before she tries to sign up.[/QUOTE]
Yep, its probably the cookies. That's the only way they can really tell that you are coming from the same place, because many people have had two sent to the same address.

Hey people,

First time poster here. I gave this deal a shot, and signed my wife up as well. Hope all goes well!!! :D

[quote name='silverstonettl']I signed up the 28th and have yet to receive any emails. Anyone have this problem?

I'm thinking I registered on true.com with a hotmail address but registered at True.com with a gmail address I have though I think I used the link they gave me. I'm hoping this works. I'd hate to have to go through the signup again and what not..[/QUOTE]

I signed up on the 29th and got an email yesterday saying they would ship out my order so you might want to just email them and see whats up.

its been past 10 days since that last email saying that it will shipped in 10 days... should i email them and ask whats going on??? how is the status of you guys?? have you guys emailed them back furthermore after the 2nd email that stated that they will be shipping it in 10 days??? dammit i wanna get my points so i can go for the Wii points next

[quote name='AvidGamer360']Yep, its probably the cookies. That's the only way they can really tell that you are coming from the same place, because many people have had two sent to the same address.[/QUOTE]

It's not, she used a separate computer.

Can someone tell me where on the True site there is a place to check your subscription?

bread's done
Back