Free 4GB card w/ Vita Wi-Fi OR free $20 credit if Vita preordered thru 2/20 - Amazon

Wario64

CAGiversary!
Feedback
12 (100%)
RuGalz from GAF alerted me to this. If you preorder Vita Wi-Fi along with 4GB memory stick on Amazon, a $19.99 promo applies when you checkout, making the memory card free. I just re-preordered my Vita and cancelled my old preorder to get the free memory card. I don't see any advertising about this so it seems like a stealth deal.

Wi Fi Vita: http://www.amazon.com/PlayStation-Vita-WiFi/dp/B003O6EATE/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1329782282&sr=8-3

4GB memory card: http://www.amazon.com/4GB-PlayStati...AS20/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1329782296&sr=8-1

Items (2): $269.95
Shipping & Handling: $0.00
Promotion Applied: -$19.99
Total Before Tax: $249.96

Release Date shipping is still available on Wi-Fi vita as well. Memory card is regular shipping.

Edit: Release date shipping may not be available now, make sure you check before ordering.

Edit: http://www.amazon.com/PlayStation-V...1QL77/Tx1A65DXFDVEYUC/1/?tag=cheapassgam08-20

"Customers who ordered the PlayStation Vita - WiFi through 2/20/12 will be sent a $20 credit to use towards PlayStation Vita games or accessories to compensate for the current "Buy a PlayStation Vita - WiFi get a 4GB Memory Card" offer (since we know many have already ordered and received a memory card).

You should receive your promotional code within two days after your order ships.

-Amazon.com Video Game Editors "

Last edited by a moderator:
this is what just happened to me, they dude added the card to my existing order but my gift card balance was deducted the 20 bucks the card cost, he told that i was not being charged, that the deducted balance was just an authorization and that the money will be back on my account after the order got shipped, have this happen to anyone here, authorization? i think i just got charged for the free card, the dude did insisted i would get the money back so i ask him to please send me a copy of the conversation just in case i have to make a case out of this with CS

I got turned down for adding the 4gb card to an existing order. I would alter the order myself, but I have a $10 promo code on the order that I would lose. Not sure if it is worth paying $10 more on my existing order for a 4gb card. I already have an 8gb card on hand, so I am not so sure it is worth it.

[quote name='GaveUpTomorrow']I got turned down for adding the 4gb card to an existing order. I would alter the order myself, but I have a $10 promo code on the order that I would lose. Not sure if it is worth paying $10 more on my existing order for a 4gb card. I already have an 8gb card on hand, so I am not so sure it is worth it.[/QUOTE]

Are you sure you would lose it? I had the same thing (a $20 promo code from Final Fantasy xiii-2) and It just came back into my account after canceling. I was also afraid I would lose it too.

[quote name='arsenalcrazy8']Are you sure you would lose it? I had the same thing (a $20 promo code from Final Fantasy xiii-2) and It just came back into my account after canceling. I was also afraid I would lose it too.[/QUOTE]

It depends on if the promo is expired now or not.

[quote name='arsenalcrazy8']Are you sure you would lose it? I had the same thing (a $20 promo code from Final Fantasy xiii-2) and It just came back into my account after canceling. I was also afraid I would lose it too.[/QUOTE]

I would most definitely lose it. The promo was back from November, and was for making a purchase with a Mastercard. The promo was only good for a day or two I believe, so I am pretty much out of luck. I could try to fight it more, but I have already complained enough today to get the b2g1 deal on a previous order. I already have an 8gb card anyways, so the extra card wouldn't be of much use to me. I guess I could always sell it to someone at cost if someone actually wanted it.

[quote name='GaveUpTomorrow']I would most definitely lose it. The promo was back from November, and was for making a purchase with a Mastercard. The promo was only good for a day or two I believe, so I am pretty much out of luck. I could try to fight it more, but I have already complained enough today to get the b2g1 deal on a previous order. I already have an 8gb card anyways, so the extra card wouldn't be of much use to me. I guess I could always sell it to someone at cost if someone actually wanted it.[/QUOTE]

Do what I did. Make a new pre-order of Vita + memory card, then contact support and explain what happened. The guy I talked to changed my memory card order to $0.00 without much issue. I also called earlier today and pushed for the B2G1 as well.

Do it!

I called and got the free memory card. Awesome because now I have a 32 GB and two 4 GB cards. Good thing because I have PS+ and I need the memory. Already used up 300 GB on my PS3 (Just Game.s)

[quote name='dudejeff22']Do what I did. Make a new pre-order of Vita + memory card, then contact support and explain what happened. The guy I talked to changed my memory card order to $0.00 without much issue. I also called earlier today and pushed for the B2G1 as well.

Do it![/QUOTE]

I definitely want to. How exactly did you explain it though? A majority of the price is taken off of the Vita, so I am unsure how this would work.

I first said that "my situation is kind of complicated, so please bear with me."

Then I explained how I originally ordered a PS Vita (w/ order date & order #). However, now Amazon is offering a free memory card deal, so I have created a new order (order #'s). Problem is, I have promo credit applied to my original order.

bla bla bla. The dude changed my order of the memory card to $0.00 and I simply canceled the Vita order. Mine was split like yours too, with $18.50 taken off the Vita and $1.50 taken off the memory card.

[quote name='lllGurulll']What about people that already had the wifi preordered?[/QUOTE]

Do you mean at Amazon? You can cancel your original order, and then re-order it with the card in your cart. A discount will be applied when you go to checkout.

Also, Amazon just shipped my free 4GB card that I ordered this afternoon. :bouncy:

[quote name='Pck21']Do you mean at Amazon? You can cancel your original order, and then re-order it with the card in your cart. A discount will be applied when you go to checkout.

Also, Amazon just shipped my free 4GB card that I ordered this afternoon. :bouncy:[/QUOTE]

They are telling me I have to give up my release date delivery if I want to add the card. What crap.

Man, I talked with a customer rep to finally work it out but it seems different than what you guys got. Basically, canceled my old order and made a new one with the Vita and memory card. The promo applied but release day shipping wouldn't show up. Tried again but separate this time, Vita first then memory card. They changed the price of the memory card to 0.00 and it went through. However, I'm paying separate shipping for the memory card (standard, $4.98) and it's est. delivery is on the 24th.

I mean, it's still a great deal but from what I gathered others were getting it shipped with their Vita on release date. Not a big deal though, still happy I got it.

[quote name='lllGurulll']They are telling me I have to give up my release date delivery if I want to add the card. What crap.[/QUOTE]

That doesn't make any sense since if you went to their site RIGHT NOW and placed a brand new order you would still get Release Date Delivery.

How easy is it to transfer stuff from one memory card to the next? Is it similar to the other PSP where you just plug the Vita in through USB and drag/drop?

[quote name='jedolley']That doesn't make any sense since if you went to their site RIGHT NOW and placed a brand new order you would still get Release Date Delivery.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, they told me the same thing. Basically, the memory card is what disqualified the Vita from RDD for whatever reason.

[quote name='jedolley']That doesn't make any sense since if you went to their site RIGHT NOW and placed a brand new order you would still get Release Date Delivery.[/QUOTE]

Don't know where you are getting that from. I just set up a new order to check and release date delivery is NOT an option.

[quote name='scorch62']
I mean, it's still a great deal but from what I gathered others were getting it shipped with their Vita on release date. Not a big deal though, still happy I got it.[/QUOTE]

Nah, my memory card is a separate order, I just have Prime. Free shipping on the 22nd. woot

Thank you so much OP! Just reordered a Wifi model with a free 4GB card. I also took advantage of the B2G1 deal and ordered Lumines, Rayman Origins, and Hot Shots Golf.
Grand total: $330
This is a lot more affordable and makes the early adopter purchase much easier.

AFter a lot of back and forth, the Amazon rep was finally able to work it out where I could just order the mem card seperatly with a 19.99 promo credit. I just had to agree to paying for the $4.98 shipping.

I can live with that. Thanks OP for the heads up.

[quote name='lllGurulll']Don't know where you are getting that from. I just set up a new order to check and release date delivery is NOT an option.[/QUOTE]

I apologize, I have prime so it still shows up as an option for me.

OK.

If you order a Vita and 4GB Mem Card, You CANNOT get Release Date Delivery. If you get with CS, they will likely upgrade the shipping. It still will not be RDD.

If you order a Vita separately, you can get it, and hopefully either have them manually add the item in, or have you place a separate order and have the item discounted via promo.

The latter is what I did, and it worked out fine. Get a 5 dollar filler (like a Vita Game Card case, you WILL need one like I do), and then boom.

Nice, I had my wifi vita preordered since June when it was first put up with release date delivery so could not cancel that preorder. Went to chat and rep let me create an order with 4GB card and waived charge on card. Really have no need for it since I have a 16gb card from the L site that shall not be named here but hey, free's free.

Oh and she did let me add something to order to get FSSS so preordered Kid Icarus 3DS, haha, ironic a bit.

[quote name='jedolley']I apologize, I have prime so it still shows up as an option for me.[/QUOTE]

Yeah if you have prime it seems to show (at least it did for me) as I cancelled and rebought with release day delivery for the Vita.

[quote name='GizmoGC']Psss...if you don't want the memory card, just cancel the order. They split them up ;)[/QUOTE]

Does this work? Thought about doing that but I got some message that said I may lose promotional credit on other orders for doing it, so I didn't try it? If you are confirming, I will likely cancel, as I don't need the card for anything.

Edit: Ack sorry for double posting!

[quote name='bdb2m']Does this work? Thought about doing that but I got some message that said I may lose promotional credit on other orders for doing it, so I didn't try it? If you are confirming, I will likely cancel, as I don't need the card for anything.

Edit: Ack sorry for double posting![/QUOTE]
Didn't work for me, it does increase the Vita by $18.50 if I cancel the separate memory card.

I was able to cancel my WiFi order and place a new order (with the 4gb) that has release date delivery. Not sure what some of you are talking about.

[quote name='pjb16']Didn't work for me, it does increase the Vita by $18.50 if I cancel the separate memory card.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for confirming. I thought that was probably the case.

[quote name='pjb16']Didn't work for me, it does increase the Vita by $18.50 if I cancel the separate memory card.[/QUOTE]

Oh darn, sorry. Bet it'll work if the Vita ships first.

Just got off the chat with Amazon and they added the 4GB card to my existing order that I placed since I had gift cards used on it. Instead of discounting out the card he took the amount off of the Vita. It also shows two separate shipments through the order with the Vita getting to me on the 22nd and the memory card getting to me on April 23rd. I asked him about it and he said that I shouldn't worry it'll just take time for the order to update with the correct date. Either way I don't care since I already got a free 8GB card with Amazon promotional credit and I'll probably just be selling the 4GB anyways.

you can tell when you look at order because the 4gig memory card is not a credit applied but instead it says 0 for price on the card and something about price cannot be displayed so yea, no cancelling to get credit.

[quote name='o2012o']I was able to cancel my WiFi order and place a new order (with the 4gb) that has release date delivery. Not sure what some of you are talking about.[/QUOTE]
I think it's only affecting people who don't have prime. :shrug:

[quote name='BloodiedWraith']Just got off the chat with Amazon and they added the 4GB card to my existing order that I placed since I had gift cards used on it. Instead of discounting out the card he took the amount off of the Vita. It also shows two separate shipments through the order with the Vita getting to me on the 22nd and the memory card getting to me on April 23rd. I asked him about it and he said that I shouldn't worry it'll just take time for the order to update with the correct date. Either way I don't care since I already got a free 8GB card with Amazon promotional credit and I'll probably just be selling the 4GB anyways.[/QUOTE]
check you bank account or whatever you used to pay in amazon, they did the same thing to me but they charged me the amount of the memory, the rep told me it was just for authorization but somehow i found this fishy, check your account or your gift card balance and please let me know if the same happened to you, he said i would get the money back after the order ships, i also got the april delivery for the memory but it says shipping soon on the memory but not on the vita, i surely hope this rep didn't fuck up my order because that would seriously deteriorate the relationship with amazon

I just contacted Amazon CS via chat and after 1/2 hour, they told me they have to look into it to see if it'll be applied to preordered wi-fi Vitas. He said he couldn't apply the memory card to an existing order. Apparently, I'll get an answer tomorrow. I'll wait until tomorrow night to see what happens.

[quote name='dEvAnGeL']check you bank account or whatever you used to pay in amazon, they did the same thing to me but they charged me the amount of the card, the rep told me it was just for authorization but somehow i found this fishy, check you account and your gift card balance and please let me know is the same happened to you, he said i would get the money back after the order ship, i also got the april delivery for the memory but it says shipping soon on the card but not on the vita, i surely hope this rep didn't fuck up my order because that would seriously deteriorate the relationship with amazon[/QUOTE]

My order shows the exact price it was before the card was added with the promotional stuff all attached.

Originally the Vita was $249.96 + tax = $270.27 - $20.98 credit = $249.29

Now it's Vita $229.97 + Card $19.99 + tax - $20.98 credit = $249.29

[quote name='BloodiedWraith']My order shows the exact price it was before the card was added with the promotional stuff all attached.

Originally the Vita was $249.96 + tax = $270.27 - $20.98 credit = $249.29

Now it's Vita $229.97 + Card $19.99 + tax - $20.98 credit = $249.29[/QUOTE]
my invoice looks the same as well, that wasn't my point, what i was asking you is to check the method you use to pay in amazon, to see if you got charged the value of the memory card, because that's what happened to me, thanks anyway

But if that's exactly what you're order looks like then you are fine... You're going to get charged for the memory card if they took off the price of it on the Vita. I got charged $.63 for the memory card because the gift card balance attached to that and that was the remainder after tax.

I refused to buy a vita because it comes with no internal memory for the wifi model based on the principal that all systems should come with enough memory to at least save a FREAKIN save file. So, yay, I ordered one from amazon

[quote name='BloodiedWraith']Just got off the chat with Amazon and they added the 4GB card to my existing order that I placed since I had gift cards used on it. Instead of discounting out the card he took the amount off of the Vita. It also shows two separate shipments through the order with the Vita getting to me on the 22nd and the memory card getting to me on April 23rd. I asked him about it and he said that I shouldn't worry it'll just take time for the order to update with the correct date. Either way I don't care since I already got a free 8GB card with Amazon promotional credit and I'll probably just be selling the 4GB anyways.[/QUOTE]

Same here.

Preordered the Wifi model in January. Just got off chat with an Amazon rep regarding getting a free 4 gig memory card.

He was very adamant about me cancelling my order and placing a new order, of which I repeatedly (and very politely) shot down.

He eventually had me order a new 4 GB card on it's own order, place the order, and then he manually applied a promo price to that order negating it's price.

So yeah, basically I just had them send my out a new 4 GB card with a price of $0.

I confirmed, visually, that my order shows that reflected in it's price

Yay!

Thanks CAG!

Like others, to get release day delivery, I had to have 2 orders, with the card order's price reduced to 0 by the most amazing CSR I've ever dealt with. However, I noticed it said I will get an e-mail with a price that I would then have to verify before it ships... does anyone else see that on their order status? Is it something to worry about or does it just do that when the fee is reduced in this way?

[quote name='pjb16']People do realize that gift card balances get credited back to your account if you cancel an order, right?[/QUOTE]

Yes, I believe people are aware of this. Most of the people that want to keep their orders open are afraid to lose release delivery or have promotional credit applied to their orders that would be lost (me included on the 2nd one).

Edit:
Wow, just randomly got this email after getting shot down by a rep a few hours ago in a chat (sent from the rep I had spoken with):

"I’m following up with the recent chat interaction you had with us.

Please place a new order for the item "4GB PlayStation Vita Memory Card" that is shipped and sold by Amazon, and let us know
the new order number. We will waive off the item cost.

Visit the following link to provide the information we requested:"

Looks like the rep looked into things further after initially turning me down and sorted things out. Definitely awesome. This should hopefully give some hope to people that were initially turned down.

Jeeeez this whole Vita launch is such a hose job. Sony created the first edition bundle I guess to cater to their biggest fans but in this case early adopters kind of got the worst deal out there. All these other promotions... bigger free memory card with the regular 3G model, same free memory card that the wifi version now comes with, no buy two get one free promotions during purchase.
So the feb was 350. 300 for the system, 30 for LD, 20 for a case...memory card would have came with every other bundle so you're paying msrp and the only perk is you're getting it a week early. Shit is crazy how it all went down.

bread's done
Back