Free 4GB card w/ Vita Wi-Fi OR free $20 credit if Vita preordered thru 2/20 - Amazon

Wario64

CAGiversary!
Feedback
12 (100%)
RuGalz from GAF alerted me to this. If you preorder Vita Wi-Fi along with 4GB memory stick on Amazon, a $19.99 promo applies when you checkout, making the memory card free. I just re-preordered my Vita and cancelled my old preorder to get the free memory card. I don't see any advertising about this so it seems like a stealth deal.

Wi Fi Vita: http://www.amazon.com/PlayStation-Vita-WiFi/dp/B003O6EATE/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1329782282&sr=8-3

4GB memory card: http://www.amazon.com/4GB-PlayStati...AS20/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1329782296&sr=8-1

Items (2): $269.95
Shipping & Handling: $0.00
Promotion Applied: -$19.99
Total Before Tax: $249.96

Release Date shipping is still available on Wi-Fi vita as well. Memory card is regular shipping.

Edit: Release date shipping may not be available now, make sure you check before ordering.

Edit: http://www.amazon.com/PlayStation-V...1QL77/Tx1A65DXFDVEYUC/1/?tag=cheapassgam08-20

"Customers who ordered the PlayStation Vita - WiFi through 2/20/12 will be sent a $20 credit to use towards PlayStation Vita games or accessories to compensate for the current "Buy a PlayStation Vita - WiFi get a 4GB Memory Card" offer (since we know many have already ordered and received a memory card).

You should receive your promotional code within two days after your order ships.

-Amazon.com Video Game Editors "

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='pjb16']People do realize that gift card balances get credited back to your account if you cancel an order, right?[/QUOTE]
I could be wrong but I don't think you get the credit back if it was set to expire already.

[quote name='steeltekki']Jeeeez this whole Vita launch is such a hose job. Sony created the first edition bundle I guess to cater to their biggest fans but in this case early adopters kind of got the worst deal out there. All these other promotions... bigger free memory card with the regular 3G model, same free memory card that the wifi version now comes with, no buy two get one free promotions during purchase.
So the feb was 350. 300 for the system, 30 for LD, 20 for a case...memory card would have came with every other bundle so you're paying msrp and the only perk is you're getting it a week early. Shit is crazy how it all went down.[/QUOTE]
Early adopters get "screwed" with every consumer electronic device, this is nothing new. And if FEB buyers are getting screwed since they're paying MSRP, everyone else is getting screwed in pretty much the same manner, except 3G people who get an 8gb card instead of 4gb.

And anyone who has the funds can buy 2 get 1 free, no one is getting screwed in that regard.

Also, not all WiFi purchases net a free 4gb card. Only those bought at Target this week and those at Amazon (who order both during the promotion). No other retailers are currently doing it.

[quote name='jjgury']Heck yea. The FEB is just a joke now.[/QUOTE]

Not only is it a joke, but it pretty much shits all over the Sony fanyboys who bought this early.

Sony really made the launch a clusterfuck likely (at the at minute) to save sales as pre-orders were not big.

Announcing an 8GB Card + Free game only 2 weeks before launch? Then offering a free 4GB Card for the WiFi version a few days before? Buy 2 get 1 frees at nearly every retailer? Looks like Sony realized this was going to be a bomb and did what they could to salvage sales. Not a bad thing, since it's clearly working, but all of these should have come with memory cards from the get go. Hell, even a 1GB One just for game saves.

[quote name='luettke10']I could be wrong but I don't think you get the credit back if it was set to expire already.[/QUOTE]
Gift cards are not promotional credits. Some people were saying they didn't want to cancel their orders because they had used gift cards to pay them down.

I'm saying people who bought the FEB most likely bought their games already with the system last week when the deal was not available.

[quote name='GizmoGC']Not only is it a joke, but it pretty much shits all over the Sony fanyboys who bought this early.

Sony really made the launch a clusterfuck likely (at the at minute) to save sales as pre-orders were not big.

Announcing an 8GB Card + Free game only 2 weeks before launch? Then offering a free 4GB Card for the WiFi version a few days before? Buy 2 get 1 frees at nearly every retailer? Looks like Sony realized this was going to be a bomb and did what they could to salvage sales. Not a bad thing, since it's clearly working, but all of these should have come with memory cards from the get go. Hell, even a 1GB One just for game saves.[/QUOTE]
Gamestop, Target, and Amazon is every retailer?

Wal-mart and Best Buy (probably 2 of largest retailers by volume for most electronics) aren't doing them.

And there are only 2 places that are offering the memory card extra with the WiFi version. Uncoincidentally, the same 2 who have a full fledged buy 2 get 1 free.

[quote name='blueweltall']I wonder if all future Vita after this launch will include a memory card.[/QUOTE]

They should at least a 4 gig. It cost them nothing, they are just raping everyone. I'm glad I got in on the deals today both the 3:2 and the free mem card because my Wifi vita had not shipped yet. With release date delivery they wait until the day before. So because of that I was able to get adjusted to the the free 4 giger which I got $20 credited back to my card for instead of the card as I have a 16 gig.

[quote name='steeltekki']I'm saying people who bought the FEB most likely bought their games already with the system last week when the deal was not available.[/QUOTE]

Most of the games were tough to buy at retail. Only a few Targets put them out, and Best Buy had a limited selection.

[quote name='pjb16']Gamestop, Target, and Amazon is every retailer?

Wal-mart and Best Buy (probably 2 of largest retailers by volume for most electronics) aren't doing them.

And there are only 2 places that are offering the memory card extra with the WiFi version. Uncoincidentally, the same 2 who have a full fledged buy 2 get 1 free.[/QUOTE]

The B2G1 Free is likely being offered by Sony. Other retailers may or may not follow through. GameStop didn't just decide to offer this type of deal out of there own good will. When was the last they did something like this for release week? Amazon and Target are offering additional games.

Don't be surprised if Best Buy and Wal-mart don't follow suite shortly. 3 of the biggest game retailers offering it is pretty substantial.

What most likely happened is Sony announced these deals so late, the other retailers are scrambling to react. It's very possible Best Buy will post the deal in-store (or on their website).

[quote name='GizmoGC']Not only is it a joke, but it pretty much shits all over the Sony fanyboys who bought this early.

Announcing an 8GB Card + Free game only 2 weeks before launch? Then offering a free 4GB Card for the WiFi version a few days before? Buy 2 get 1 frees at nearly every retailer? Looks like Sony realized this was going to be a bomb and did what they could to salvage sales. Not a bad thing, since it's clearly working, but all of these should have come with memory cards from the get go. Hell, even a 1GB One just for game saves.[/QUOTE]

The only thing Sony did was the 8GB card + kind of free game + one month 3G pass for the 3G launch bundle. They didn't have anything to do with the other deals- the retailers are responsible for those. I don't really think they're too concerned about the Vita itself- just the 3G model. If the current 3G model fails, we may see them discontinue the idea altogether, or they may just offer it on more networks (if there was Verizon, I probably would have jumped on the 3G model- or if there was 4G LTE).

The only really weird thing about the Vita is that retailers and game sites are doing more promoting/advertising for it than Sony is.

[quote name='GizmoGC']The B2G1 Free is likely being offered by Sony. Other retailers may or may not follow through. GameStop didn't just decide to offer this type of deal out of there own good will. When was the last they did something like this for release week? Amazon and Target are offering additional games.

Don't be surprised if Best Buy and Wal-mart don't follow suite shortly. 3 of the biggest game retailers offering it is pretty substantial.

What most likely happened is Sony announced these deals so late, the other retailers are scrambling to react. It's very possible Best Buy will post the deal in-store (or on their website).[/QUOTE]

Well, the Amazon deals are matches of Target's deals, and Gamestop's deal isn't even the same. Then you have Toys'R'Us which has a completely different deal that none of the other retailers are offering. When the 3DS came out there were a lot of deals for it, but none of them were by Nintendo- the only thing Nintendo was responsible for was the price drop. Just the kind of stuff that happens when new hardware launches.:roll:

Cancelled my 3g bundle with amazon and ordered the wifi model with free 4gb card and free release date delivery on the vita. I paid an extra $4 for overnight shipping on the memory card to get it same day. $253.95 total. Sweet.

[quote name='pjb16']Gift cards are not promotional credits. Some people were saying they didn't want to cancel their orders because they had used gift cards to pay them down.[/QUOTE]
Exactly. It took about 45 seconds just now to cancel my old order and then make a new one applying the $240 in gift card credit that I had used on the first order.

Yup cancelled 3G order, got Wifi + 4gb card $233, with both coming Wednesday, feel good saving a bunch of money

Already got a 32GB card last week, but what the heck - a free 4GB card is better than nothing. And it was pretty easy to cancel and then just redo the pre-order process - make sure you do it in one cart though, don't do one order for the card and another for the Vita.

After talking with different employees at different stores the general feeling about the Vita is that it is gonna flop, and all these deals and promotions are last-minute efforts to lure people in.

Some stores I asked didn't even get a single pre-order, and most had 10 times as many units as they had pre-orders and was even told to "not worry about pre-ordering" because they weren't expecting much if any demand for it.

Also with the recent free 4 GB memory, the FEB was a complete ripoff, thank God I cancelled that in the last minute and am now going with the Wi-Fi only (instead of the 3G) simply because it is an overall better deal.

This is an email I got back from Amazon:

Hello,

I checked the description of the PlayStation Vita - WiFi offer and see we'll send your promotional certificate via e-mail between February 20, 2012 to February 15, 2012.

As long as your order meets all of the terms and conditions for the offer, you'll receive your promotional certificate by February 25, 2012.

Interesting...

I gurantee you that there will be a massive price drop in next 6 months. I say it will be from $50-80. Sony has fucked this thing really badly and these shitty deals are just the damage control. Also, their rePs on the 3g model is pretty shady to, you have to pay for 1 month data service to get a $10 game. So be careful, I would wait till they have something good to play on the system.

Also, does one know if they have any ebook app for vita?

[quote name='kart007k']I gurantee you that there will be a massive price drop in next 6 months. I say it will be from $50-80. Sony has fucked this thing really badly and these shitty deals are just the damage control. Also, their rePs on the 3g model is pretty shady to, you have to pay for 1 month data service to get a $10 game. So be careful, I would wait till they have something good to play on the system.

Also, does one know if they have any ebook app for vita?[/QUOTE]

No Ebook yet, Sony has nothing to do with these retailer deals. It's to sell more of the software because retailers don't make much on the hardware. Sony has no control of any of it, and I'm %100 they did not ask,beg or make any special offers or provisions to retailers that are doing these deals.

I downgraded from the 3G to get this bundle. I also went ahead and ordered the 32GB card. 4GB wont cut it for me and I might as well throw my money away...

[quote name='kart007k']Sony has fucked this thing really badly and these shitty deals are just the damage control. [/QUOTE]
Only for the FEB buyers really, that was not a good deal.
It's a good working piece of hardware, with working firmware(benefit of it being released early in Japan).
The system is getting great reviews, so are some quite a few of the games. It arguably has the best launch line up of games for any system ever. And there probably won't be any shortages.
If you ask me for once Sony got something completely right.

Although, put me in the camp that wishes this thing used an SD card and standard usb cable.

Score! Just got off the phone with amazon CS. Took abit because they didnt believe the promo until i told them to put items in the cart and check out. I did not want to cancel my previous order for fear of delaying shipping. They gave me $20 credit which works even better since i already have the 32 GB card. Awesome!

This promo completely destroys the value of the FEB. So $250 gets us the Vita and the 4gb card. The extra $100 got FEB buyers a mediocre case, 3g access with a carrot on a stick to pay for a month, and one of the worst launch games available all a week early? I'm so glad I held off; I'd be kicking myself if I went through with that now!

I have a horror story to share.

I contacted amazon by email since I was at work and couldn't call them up. Amazon through the chat system was completely unhelpful despite contacting three different representatives.

In my email, I explained the situation. I pre-ordered a Vita a month ago. They now have this promo for a free 4GB memory card. I told them that if I created a new order I was unable to select release-date delivery if the memory card was in my cart. I asked them if something could be done retroactively.

I got a reply from Ravinash P saying that I was eligible for the offer and a free memory card was added to my order. When I checked the status of my order, my shipping speed was changed to One Day delivery. Instead of receiving my Vita on launch day, I had to wait until Friday.

I immediately contacted Amazon through email and chat as soon as I noticed the problem. They said they couldn't do anything about it (I haven't got a reply via email yet). I canceled my Vita order and placed a new one since the website said that it still has Release-Date Delivery available. At the checkout, I noticed that I still couldn't add the promo to my order (no, I didn't try adding a 4GB cart to my cart either. It was just a Vita). I tried contacting Amazon chat again and they told me it was because my old order was changed (which was by them!). Apparently I can only have the Release-Date Delivery once, so that's why my new order didn't get it. The best they could do was offer me one day shipping.

I've been trying to contact them about this and the result is always the same. Nobody has been helpful and they could only apologize for the mistake, which is one I didn't make. In fact, I said that I didn't want my shipping speed to change in my original email and Ravinash still did.

So yeah, looks like I'm going to have to get a PlayStation Vita somewhere else if I want it on launch date.

6r372u.jpg

CAG is full of inpatient babies... Horror Story? Really?

Dunno if this deserved its own thread, but for those people who didn't cancel and reorder, or have Amazon CS Reps add a 4GB card to their order:
Customers who ordered the PlayStation Vita - WiFi through 2/20/12 will be sent a $20 credit to use towards PlayStation Vita games or accessories to compensate for the current "Buy a PlayStation Vita - WiFi get a 4GB Memory Card" offer (since we know many have already ordered and received a memory card).

You should receive your promotional code within two days after your order ships.

-Amazon.com Video Game Editors
http://www.amazon.com/PlayStation-Vita-Memory-Offer-Update/forum/Fx3VEZN6KM1QL77/Tx1A65DXFDVEYUC/1/

So basically $20 credit towards any vita game/accessory for Wifi purchasers for people who ordered on or before 2/20. Definitely makes me feel good about ordering the Wifi Vita from Amazon now.

Wow, that is actually so much better than a 4GB card. I wonder if you can combine it with the B2G1 promotion to get 3 games for $60.

[quote name='trent82']Wow, that is actually so much better than a 4GB card. I wonder if you can combine it with the B2G1 promotion to get 3 games for $60.[/QUOTE]

The B2G1 offer expires on the 25th. The statement says you'll receive the code within 2 days of shipment, so you'll get the code by the 23rd(assuming they ship your order on the 21st for delivery on the 22nd). So yes, it should work.

Tempting but I think I'll wait til a price drop or a black friday bundle. I want this system but there's just no games that really interest me right now. I'm hoping Namco releases Tales of Innocence R here but I'm not holding my breath.

Wow, my rep had me create a different order with a 4gb stick then adjusted it to zero. Wonder if I will get a 20 credit on top of that too.

Well this kind of sucks........ I was out cancled my preorder and was more then willing to wait out a drop, or a bundle deal. I have no issues with the price of the hardware always felt for the tech it was fair. The issue was game prices, and memory card prices. Well add in a free one plus b2g1 I can get a vita, mc, and 3 games for just a tad over 300 and I have credit at GS so it feels like I'm spending less.

Yeah, almost every story I heard has been differant. I started a chat last night, only to haf the rep look in to it, and "disconect". So I tried another guy, and he started to check on it, and told me their computers where having issues and to try again in an hour. It wasn't to late yet, so I said I would stay up and try again. 20 bucks is 20 bucks right?

This is CAG after all. LOL So I decided to check my email before I tried a third time, and I had 2 emails from Amazon. The first was to apologies for the disconect, and to say he couldn't do anything without more info. The second was to say the CS rep had added the 4gb card to my WiFi unit order(without changing release day delivery).

It looks like they charged me the .99 for Delivery day shipping, but that is OK, if I got the card for free. I wonder if I'll still get the 20 Dollar promo credit? That would be extra icing on the cake.

Looks like waiting that extra week has paid off in spades. The 250 bare bones unit is becoming a great value, as a memory card should have been included by Sony to start with.

fuck, when amazon added the 4gb card to my order it changed the delivery of my ps vita to april o_O.., all i did was cancel the ps vita preorder and reorder again, since the free 4gb card said shipping soon i didn't cancel that, immediately after i order my vita again with release date delivery it changed to shipping soon, man i have been waiting to long for this shit to be waiting even more o_O

It kind of makes sense that when you cancel your Vita order a day or two before it releases you have to wait to get it. There's kind of an invisible waiting list on Amazon products- somebody moved up on that list, and is now getting the Vita Amazon was originally going to send to you, and you're getting a different Vita that they may not have in stock.

I sent an e-mail asking CS if there was any way I could partake in this deal without having to cancel my order; they suggested I order the 4gb card and choose one-day shipping, then send them the order number so they can waive the fee (or refund).

I did as they said, and sure enough, they told me it was too late to waive the fee, but that they would refund me the full amount after shipping is done.

Oh well, I guess as long as I get the money back...

So... if I already contacted CS yesterday and had them set my memory card order to $0.00... I wonder if I will also receive the $20 credit after my original Vita pre-order ships?

If so... O_O

[quote name='iamthekiller']I've never seen people complain so much about getting something for free. Holy shit. This is why the terrorists hate us.[/QUOTE]
I have never seen so many people waste time posting about other peoples post. No wonder we hate you.

EDIT: Of course I'm posting about your post, so you can hate me too, and the cycle is thus complete.

[quote name='tightclaws']I have never seen so many people waste time posting about other peoples post. No wonder we hate you.

EDIT: Of course I'm posting about your post, so you can hate me too, and the cycle is thus complete.[/QUOTE]

You said "No wonder we hate you" in reply to me saying terrorists hate us, so.... you're a terrorist.

So... basically I don't need to do anything at this point since I ordered way back last year. Is that correct?

Amazon has just been on a roll!

bread's done
Back