Free 4GB card w/ Vita Wi-Fi OR free $20 credit if Vita preordered thru 2/20 - Amazon

Wario64

CAGiversary!
Feedback
12 (100%)
RuGalz from GAF alerted me to this. If you preorder Vita Wi-Fi along with 4GB memory stick on Amazon, a $19.99 promo applies when you checkout, making the memory card free. I just re-preordered my Vita and cancelled my old preorder to get the free memory card. I don't see any advertising about this so it seems like a stealth deal.

Wi Fi Vita: http://www.amazon.com/PlayStation-Vita-WiFi/dp/B003O6EATE/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1329782282&sr=8-3

4GB memory card: http://www.amazon.com/4GB-PlayStati...AS20/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1329782296&sr=8-1

Items (2): $269.95
Shipping & Handling: $0.00
Promotion Applied: -$19.99
Total Before Tax: $249.96

Release Date shipping is still available on Wi-Fi vita as well. Memory card is regular shipping.

Edit: Release date shipping may not be available now, make sure you check before ordering.

Edit: http://www.amazon.com/PlayStation-V...1QL77/Tx1A65DXFDVEYUC/1/?tag=cheapassgam08-20

"Customers who ordered the PlayStation Vita - WiFi through 2/20/12 will be sent a $20 credit to use towards PlayStation Vita games or accessories to compensate for the current "Buy a PlayStation Vita - WiFi get a 4GB Memory Card" offer (since we know many have already ordered and received a memory card).

You should receive your promotional code within two days after your order ships.

-Amazon.com Video Game Editors "

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='dudejeff22']So... if I already contacted CS yesterday and had them set my memory card order to $0.00... I wonder if I will also receive the $20 credit after my original Vita pre-order ships?

If so... O_O[/QUOTE]

I have seen this happen in the past, so it is possible. I am not expecting $20 on top of my free memory card, but I won't complain if it happens.

[quote name='chicagocubsfan']has anyone's vita actually ship yet?[/QUOTE]

It's shipping soon, I have release day so I assume it will go out tonight some incredibly fast way.

Holy shit. I just did some awesome things w/ Amazon.
They are giving me a $60 promo credit to make up for the Tiger Direct error, but only if I buy the 32gb card from them.
I had previously bought the 4gb card from them prior to today's bundled deal. They gave me a $20 credit to make up the difference
While on the phone w/ them I switched my wi-fi order to include the 4gb card so I'm getting a second one of those for free as well.

[quote name='karishbhr']Holy shit. I just did some awesome things w/ Amazon.
They are giving me a $60 promo credit to make up for the Tiger Direct error, but only if I buy the 32gb card from them.
I had previously bought the 4gb card from them prior to today's bundled deal. They gave me a $20 credit to make up the difference
While on the phone w/ them I switched my wi-fi order to include the 4gb card so I'm getting a second one of those for free as well.[/QUOTE]
How did you get money from the Tiger Direct error?
I didn't get anything from them

[quote name='shadowrage']How did you get money from the Tiger Direct error?
I didn't get anything from them[/QUOTE]
It all depends on who you complain to. Some reps just do good deals, and others could care less. If you talk to 10 reps, you'll get at least 3-5 differant conclusions to your problem. This is the same everywhere. I got a girl yesterday who only gave me a free return shipping on the 2 for 1 deal(as I already bought 1 game), and others got full credits and everything inbetween. All I can say is keep trying, until you get an answer you can live with.

[quote name='chicagocubsfan']has anyone's vita actually ship yet?[/QUOTE]

Most of my Vita stuff (Vita, 4GB Card, Uncharted, Rayman) is shipping soon. I think it's because I live fairly close to one of Amazon's warehouses. The only thing that is already in transit is WipEout, and it makes sense because it came from Kentucky (they must not have had any up here, first time I've ever ordered an item from Amazon and had it come from out of state). I've ordered items that said they wouldn't arrive for a week or two, but ended up getting them the next day or day after that.

Glad to see it's not just me waiting on shipment...

You have to think though, they weren't shipping much out yesterday due to the holiday, from my understanding, so they now have Sunday and Monday orders to fulfill... I imagine they're hauling tail as it is. XD

I just hope all that order switching stuff doesn't push me off getting my system tomorrow...

Don't worry guys, everyone that has release date delivery will receive it on the day.

My copy of MGS3D was in shipping soon phase until 2 am last night. It's now out for delivery. :p

[quote name='Kitoro']I just got my $20 credit code, but it doesn't seem to work yet.

..too soon?[/QUOTE]
Please note that the credit is only good toward the purchase of PlayStation Vita games and accessories shipped and sold by Amazon.com.

[quote name='iNCREDiPiNOY']Please note that the credit is only good toward the purchase of PlayStation Vita games and accessories shipped and sold by Amazon.com.[/QUOTE]

Tried to use it on two Vita game pre-orders. Might it have to be used on an item already in stock? That'd be odd, if so...

Damn.. worked on an in stock game. Guess I'll have to hang onto this code to redeem by June or something. >_

Its a promo code specifically for vita games and accessories. One of the ones I got for 3DS last year didn't work on preorders. And it must be shipped by and sold by amazon. Most games are sold out through amazon, so I would double check what you are buying is sold by them.

I also got the 20$ credit even though I also got the 4 GB memory card! I love Amazon, and all these deals make me feel great about getting the Vita!

Ha, whaddaya know? Gravity Rush is the only Vita game for pre-order that this works with. Had to cancel my existing order and replace it. :p

Wow, Amazon kicks ass. Just got the $20 promo credit email too and I still got the free 4GB memory stick. Combined this with the buy 2 get 1 free and I got Uncharted, Rayman, and Lumines for $70, which is about $23 each!!!

[quote name='Wario64']Just used my $20 credit on Gravity Rush just fine[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Kitoro']Ha, whaddaya know? Gravity Rush is the only Vita game for pre-order that this works with. Had to cancel my existing order and replace it. :p[/QUOTE]

Thanks for this btw. Since I already bought my games I was trying to figure out what I'd use the credit on. Been wanting Gravity Rush ever since I saw the gameplay videos of it.

And this is why I didn't cancel my original order like everyone was suggesting. I had them add the memory card into my already made order and get an extra $20 credit. So awesome Amazon. I'm glad you're making up for taking so long to match other company's deals instead of offering your own.

[quote name='Ogami Itto']How the hell are other stores supposed to compete with the awesome that is Amazon?[/QUOTE]
Well if you think about it, it's a lot like Target's Vita launch promos. Everyone who gets a Wi-Fi model there gets a 4GB memory card, but if you pre-ordered there you get a $20GC too.

With Amazon if you pre-ordered no later than the 20th you get the $20 promo code (not quite as good as a standard GC but still great) and could've got the 4GB memory card too. And anyone else who orders this week an get the memory card free.

[quote name='BloodiedWraith']And this is why I didn't cancel my original order like everyone was suggesting. I had them add the memory card into my already made order and get an extra $20 credit. So awesome Amazon. I'm glad you're making up for taking so long to match other company's deals instead of offering your own.[/QUOTE]
Except that there seems to be plenty of people who did cancel and still got the promo credit. You just had to order no later than the 20th per Amazon.

[quote name='pjb16']Well if you think about it, it's a lot like Target's Vita launch promos. Everyone who gets a Wi-Fi model there gets a 4GB memory card, but if you pre-ordered there you get a $20GC too.

With Amazon if you pre-ordered no later than the 20th you get the $20 promo code (not quite as good as a standard GC but still great) and could've got the 4GB memory card too. And anyone else who orders this week an get the memory card free.[/QUOTE]
as far as i know target only gives you a 20 dollar GC but some people were confusing that with the fact that the 4GB memory cost 20 as well, i also got the memory and the 20 dollars code, sucks that the code only work for vita stuff but free is free so power to amazon

[quote name='dEvAnGeL']as far as i know target only gives you a 20 dollar GC but some people were confusing that with the fact that the 4GB memory cost 20 as well, i also got the memory and the 20 dollars code, sucks that the code only work for vita stuff but free is free so power to amazon[/QUOTE]
I thought some people had talked to their CS and people who preordered got the $20 GC and the memory card?

Unless you're saying anyone who picks one up this week gets a $20 GC? Which I can't see being the case since the ad explicitly states that you get a 4GB memory card free with the Wi-Fi version this week.

[quote name='snake']Got the free memory card and 20 dollar credit also. Amazon rules.[/QUOTE]

Same here!

Let's see. Why do I love you Amazon?

- no tax in NJ
- you let me have Amazon Prime for free since I have a college email address
- free shipping almost always arrives for me the next day whether I choose 2 day shipping or free shipping.
-you do nice things like this for me without any hassle

Amazon,you will continue to have me as a customer!

Just got my $20 credit to my email as well. With that, I think I'll probably dip into the B2G1 free now. Assuming they have what I want anyway, heard they're list was shrinking a bit.

Got $20 credit. Not sure about the memory but I had already bought the 32GB card so I'm fine with just the credit.

I was able to get the Vita, 32GB card, 2 games and cradle all with Amazon credit and Credit card points. This is the first system I have ever bought at launch.

[quote name='GizmoGC']So now FEB buyers got reaaaaaally screwed.[/QUOTE]

Eh, I bought the FEB and I don't feel like I got screwed. Of course, part of the reason I bought it was to give me something to do last weekend so paying a little extra to get it early wasn't too bad.

[quote name='BloodiedWraith']And this is why I didn't cancel my original order like everyone was suggesting. I had them add the memory card into my already made order and get an extra $20 credit. So awesome Amazon. I'm glad you're making up for taking so long to match other company's deals instead of offering your own.[/QUOTE]

I cancelled my original preorder and still got the $20 credit. My final vita order was placed 2/20 and I'm getting it release day free shipping with prime. I got another 4GB memory card... so that makes 2 of them for free :)

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back