Free 4GB card w/ Vita Wi-Fi OR free $20 credit if Vita preordered thru 2/20 - Amazon

Wario64

CAGiversary!
Feedback
12 (100%)
RuGalz from GAF alerted me to this. If you preorder Vita Wi-Fi along with 4GB memory stick on Amazon, a $19.99 promo applies when you checkout, making the memory card free. I just re-preordered my Vita and cancelled my old preorder to get the free memory card. I don't see any advertising about this so it seems like a stealth deal.

Wi Fi Vita: http://www.amazon.com/PlayStation-Vita-WiFi/dp/B003O6EATE/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1329782282&sr=8-3

4GB memory card: http://www.amazon.com/4GB-PlayStati...AS20/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1329782296&sr=8-1

Items (2): $269.95
Shipping & Handling: $0.00
Promotion Applied: -$19.99
Total Before Tax: $249.96

Release Date shipping is still available on Wi-Fi vita as well. Memory card is regular shipping.

Edit: Release date shipping may not be available now, make sure you check before ordering.

Edit: http://www.amazon.com/PlayStation-V...1QL77/Tx1A65DXFDVEYUC/1/?tag=cheapassgam08-20

"Customers who ordered the PlayStation Vita - WiFi through 2/20/12 will be sent a $20 credit to use towards PlayStation Vita games or accessories to compensate for the current "Buy a PlayStation Vita - WiFi get a 4GB Memory Card" offer (since we know many have already ordered and received a memory card).

You should receive your promotional code within two days after your order ships.

-Amazon.com Video Game Editors "

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='GizmoGC']The B2G1 Free is likely being offered by Sony. Other retailers may or may not follow through. GameStop didn't just decide to offer this type of deal out of there own good will. When was the last they did something like this for release week? Amazon and Target are offering additional games.

Don't be surprised if Best Buy and Wal-mart don't follow suite shortly. 3 of the biggest game retailers offering it is pretty substantial.

What most likely happened is Sony announced these deals so late, the other retailers are scrambling to react. It's very possible Best Buy will post the deal in-store (or on their website).[/QUOTE]

Looks like i nailed this (as usual):
Best Buy - Buy 2 Get 1 Free on VITA Games

Thats a start...but not good enough. Make it at least 8gb (should be 16gb but I digress) and I'm in.

4gb is enough to make the vita work. Can only hold at most 2 retail games. Kinda pathetic that they even made a 4gb card to begin with

[quote name='snake']Got the free memory card and 20 dollar credit also. Amazon rules.[/QUOTE]

Me too! Woohoo! Now I just need to figure out what to do with this 4GB card since I already have a 32 GB one now

[quote name='sukTHEfac']Thats a start...but not good enough. Make it at least 8gb (should be 16gb but I digress) and I'm in.

4gb is enough to make the vita work. Can only hold at most 2 retail games. Kinda pathetic that they even made a 4gb card to begin with[/QUOTE]

The retail games do not take a lot of space on the memory card. You will need a larger card for digital games.

[quote name='mwynn']The retail games do not take a lot of space on the memory card. You will need a larger card for digital games.[/QUOTE]

He's talking about downloading retail games from PSN.

[quote name='GizmoGC']So now FEB buyers got reaaaaaally screwed.[/QUOTE]

Not really, it was talked about and very apparent it was a piss poor bundle to begin with. People were just trying to justify the purchase for themselves getting it a week early, which you still got it a week early.

[quote name='Tygamr']Anyone's Vita arrive yet? Mines out for shipping right now.[/QUOTE]

I had mine shipped to my fiancés work place and it's already been delivered. The only thing I didn't get yet was the free 4gb memory card (even though the rep said it'd be in the box for sure) but I guess I'm not that much in a rush for it since most of my games are coming in Monday.

i just got mine!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOOOOOOOOOTTTTT! also the unit 13 demo is already up PSN so go ahead and try it out if that's your thing, the only sucky part, no wipEout 2048 demo, im gonna have to wait til my copy arrives ;(

[quote name='dEvAnGeL']i just got mine!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOOOOOOOOOTTTTT! also the unit 13 demo is already up PSN so go ahead and try it out if that's your thing, the only sucky part, no wipEout 2048 demo, im gonna have to wait til my copy arrives ;([/QUOTE]
Wipeout is killer. Don't worry. :D

My Vita just arrived! Memory card and other two games haven't yet though. Hope they get here soon! Dunno if I should open it now or wait till later.

I just got my Vita in the mail from Amazon. I can't play it until I get out of work, but it also came with hotshot and Rayman. UMVC3 is in backlog and I won't get my memory card till tomorrow but it should be a good fun just looking at it.

I got the deal, the promo code, and thought I was golden to receive everything today. Then I find out my memory card and games got mis-shipped to Ontario - I live on the west coast US! To make matters worse, Amazon does their expedited shipping by dropping it off at the local UPS with their own carrier, so UPS is redirecting it via Ground. So either my Vita is a paperweight until the middle of next week, or I have to go buy at least another memory card anyway.

Bite me amazon. Your support is awesome, but your shipping sucks.

4GB card is not enough. I filled it up last night already. 2 downloadable only Vita games, 2 demoes and a PSP game and I’ve got 202MB free space. Good thing I ordered a 32GB card with the $20 credit and get that tomorrow.

[quote name='devwild']I got the deal, the promo code, and thought I was golden to receive everything today. Then I find out my memory card and games got mis-shipped to Ontario - I live on the west coast US! To make matters worse, Amazon does their expedited shipping by dropping it off at the local UPS with their own carrier, so UPS is redirecting it via Ground. So either my Vita is a paperweight until the middle of next week, or I have to go buy at least another memory card anyway.

Bite me amazon. Your support is awesome, but your shipping sucks.[/QUOTE]

how many times have you had an issue with amazon shipping?! ive never had an issue..... im assuming ur mishap is rather abnormal

Does the Vita not work without a memory card at all? Can't you play cartridge games without one? People are saying theirs is a paperweight without the memory card. What?

[quote name='jacknicklson']Not all games save to the cartridge. I believe there are more that do not save to the cartridge[/QUOTE]

The thing is you can't update or even finish the setup process without a memory card.... Its pretty lame. But you better get that memory card LOL

[quote name='crunchewy']Does the Vita not work without a memory card at all? Can't you play cartridge games without one? People are saying theirs is a paperweight without the memory card. What?[/QUOTE]

The retail box says in the lower right corner that a memory card is required for most gameplay. However, the quick start instructions are written in such a way that it implies that you need one to simply turn it on....The very first instruction is "insert the memory card". The unit will function without one (although I don't know if you need one to set it up when it turned on the for the first time, I had a memory card so I followed the start up instructions)...the maps program and the web browser will (and possibly other functions) work without one, so it isn't a brick without one....but if you remove the card and then insert it it, it needs to shut down and restart before it will read the card.

Even with a memory card the setup is a mess. You have to tell it to create a new PSN user since you can't sign in with your account since the firmware is out of date.

And you can set it up without a memory card, just tell it you dont have a psn and are creating a new user, then enter your date of birth and continue. You dont have to actually create an account or update to use the system

[quote name='Hoffer']4GB card is not enough. I filled it up last night already. 2 downloadable only Vita games, 2 demoes and a PSP game and I’ve got 202MB free space. Good thing I ordered a 32GB card with the $20 credit and get that tomorrow.[/QUOTE]

I kinda figured that after downloading some Vita demos to my PS3 in anticipation of getting the unit. The demos were about 3 gigs by themselves, and that wasn't including Escape Plan. I can't swing the 32GB right now but hoping the 16GB is a nice compromise, as the 16GB in my GO was sufficient for quite a while.

[quote name='bug_nuts']how many times have you had an issue with amazon shipping?! ive never had an issue..... im assuming ur mishap is rather abnormal[/QUOTE]

Several times actually. Amazon plays a lot of games with their shipping to cut costs, and that results in errors and delayed shipping fairly often. In this case after talking to them, they admit they chose the wrong warehouse and region to pull and deliver the package. But since they've handed it to UPS, what was supposed to be a next day shipment is now being transferred to me via ground shipping. That's a pretty major screw-up, and would be a real problem if it was something more important.

Their shipping is only consistent if you use Prime, which is something I can't justify for the amount I use amazon.

And to other comments, since both my physical games and memory card are tied up in that shipment, and I can't download apps or any of my digital PSP games or content, yes, it's a brick.

[quote name='jacknicklson']Even with a memory card the setup is a mess. You have to tell it to create a new PSN user since you can't sign in with your account since the firmware is out of date.

And you can set it up without a memory card, just tell it you dont have a psn and are creating a new user, then enter your date of birth and continue. You dont have to actually create an account or update to use the system[/QUOTE]

That's interesting because I setup my vita yesterday and linked my psn account without a card. I even played some umvc3 without one. The card should be arriving today.

Yeah thats what I did.

When you first do the setup, it doesnt let you sign in which is before the update(unless i missed something)

Thats what I was referring to. After I updated I never had an issue and didnt have to actually create a new account. Just told it I was a new user just to let me pass lol

bread's done
Back