FREE Alice In Wonderland Movie Ticket with these DVDs (Best Buy)

SuperJedi

CAGiversary!
0221BA13A001P1_img_202652491.jpg

Not sure they apply to Blu-ray at all...

POTC: At World's End
Tron

And other movies...

Anyone have a full list?

today's ad pg. 13 with the new movies. I'm curious as to whether or not there's a full list out there. I'll probably swing by tomorrow to pick up some site to store stuff i ordered

oh good catch, i skipped right by it. Hmmmmmm would be nice if it worked on Blu-rays I will swing by today.

ONLY SD DVDs NO Blu-rays I don't think

Also every POTC, 2 Narnias, Enchanted

DON'T bother if you have HD... get Blu-ray instead!!!

Also Tron, Ella Enchanted, Ed wood, Charlie and Chocolate factory(I think), Chocolat... There is more I can't remember.

Picked up Tron 20th Anniversary SE for $10 and the movie ticket, which was worth $12. Enough to see it in IMAX 3D for free at matinee prices. :D

[quote name='shrike4242']Picked up Tron 20th Anniversary SE for $10 and the movie ticket, which was worth $12. Enough to see it in IMAX 3D for free at matinee prices. :D[/QUOTE]

nice shrike! I think I do need Tron for the collection..

and are you sure about that Imax pricing? round here, Imax is flat out about $18.50 regardless of the time of day..sure is nice for you!

and might as well get this in now, but I want to see this Alice In Wonderland so bad, but everyone in the family thinks it will not be good for my 4 year old. I see Disney, PG rating, classic tale..but they all see dark and scary Tim Burton. My logic is his movies have gone from great or extreme scale, to mild and family friendly (Charlie and the Chocolate Factory)..so this can't be that bad? Disney wouldn't back it if they knew they couldn't draw everyone in..

[quote name='SuperJedi']ONLY SD DVDs NO Blu-rays I don't think[/QUOTE]

Wow, that's seriously lame. You'd think that when they're trying to push people to adopt blu-ray, they'd take any promotional opportunity they can get to sell them.

Hm . . . this is going to be a tough call for me, as I don't really want to buy any more standard DVDs than I have to at this point. Tron would be almost tempting, but I'm betting we'll see a blu-ray release to coincide with the release of Tron Legacy. Still, I know that we're definitely going to this film, so if the DVDs are cheaper than movie tickets, I guess it's probably worth it.

[quote name='token2k6']nice shrike! I think I do need Tron for the collection..

and are you sure about that Imax pricing? round here, Imax is flat out about $18.50 regardless of the time of day..sure is nice for you!

and might as well get this in now, but I want to see this Alice In Wonderland so bad, but everyone in the family thinks it will not be good for my 4 year old. I see Disney, PG rating, classic tale..but they all see dark and scary Tim Burton. My logic is his movies have gone from great or extreme scale, to mild and family friendly (Charlie and the Chocolate Factory)..so this can't be that bad? Disney wouldn't back it if they knew they couldn't draw everyone in..[/QUOTE]I owned the other movies they had as part of the promotion, and I didn't own Tron, so it was a no-brainer. The 20th anniversary SE got good marks from DVDTalk, so it made sense to pick that up.

My local theatre has IMAX matinee pricing at $10.25 for my local theatore, so the ticket money covers me with $1.75 to go.

And if you have a 4 year old, I don't think this would be the movie for him to see in the theater, being a Tim Burton movie. Charlie and the Chocolate Factory is a bit tamer than this, IMO, though you might want to think twice about it.

These days, I'm only trekking off to the movies if it's a movie that is in 3D, IMAX, both, or is our D-BOX equipped theatre and it's worth spending the extra money for the D-Box pricing (add'l $8).

[quote name='Fire_Thief']Imax in 3D is $15 around here... So I figure I should buy 2 of these to get these tickets![/QUOTE]You can only use one per ticket, so you'd just have to pay the extra money in cash or credit card to bridge the gap. Says so on the printout from the site that funds this.

[quote name='flameofdoom666']So if you are going to see the movie, you mind as well get a free DVD out of it. Sweet deal.[/QUOTE]That was my logic on a $9.99 movie + tax for a $12 voucher towards a $10.25 movie.

[quote name='arcane93']Hm . . . this is going to be a tough call for me, as I don't really want to buy any more standard DVDs than I have to at this point. Tron would be almost tempting, but I'm betting we'll see a blu-ray release to coincide with the release of Tron Legacy. Still, I know that we're definitely going to this film, so if the DVDs are cheaper than movie tickets, I guess it's probably worth it.[/QUOTE]They probably will do a Blu-Ray release for Tron Legacy coming out, though that's a guess until we see it nailed down somewhere with a release date. That, and it might have a crap encode, so it might not be worth the money on the upgrade.

Either way, it was money I was going to spend anyone on the movie ticket, so a free copy of Tron 20th Anniv. Edition works for me.

[quote name='token2k6']nice shrike! I think I do need Tron for the collection..

and might as well get this in now, but I want to see this Alice In Wonderland so bad, but everyone in the family thinks it will not be good for my 4 year old. I see Disney, PG rating, classic tale..but they all see dark and scary Tim Burton. My logic is his movies have gone from great or extreme scale, to mild and family friendly (Charlie and the Chocolate Factory)..so this can't be that bad? Disney wouldn't back it if they knew they couldn't draw everyone in..[/QUOTE]

Mononoke was Disney backed...

[quote name='elessar123']Mononoke was Disney backed...[/QUOTE]
lol thats a good point thats a good movie but not excatly kid friendly

[quote name='shrike4242']Either way, it was money I was going to spend anyone on the movie ticket, so a free copy of Tron 20th Anniv. Edition works for me.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, that's probably what it'll come down to for me (actually, it's even cheaper than the movie ticket, which will be at least $12 here, and therefore is what really makes it worthwhile), but I don't really need or want to be adding more plastic to my collection that I have to store.

[quote name='INCyr']Any chance we can get a full list of the movies included in this promotion?

Thanks.[/QUOTE]All we know so far:

[quote name='SuperJedi']ONLY SD DVDs NO Blu-rays I don't think

Also every POTC, 2 Narnias, Enchanted

Also Tron, Ella Enchanted, Ed wood, Charlie and Chocolate factory(I think), Chocolat... There is more I can't remember.[/QUOTE]

Take a trip to BB. Any movie that's part of the promotion will have a sticker on the front of the case like the one shown in the ad.

[quote name='Jodou']No BD kills this deal.[/QUOTE]

Eh, I'd almost agree, but the way I look at it is that it's $10 for a movie ticket that's normally $12 (so essentially 17% off), making the DVD an essentially free bonus. I certainly wouldn't bother if I weren't going to see the movie otherwise, but since the girlfriend has already informed me that we're seeing it (and realistically I'd probably end up going anyway), might as well . . .

[quote name='Pookymeister']i just bought 2 copies of Tron for the tickets since I know im seeing the IMAX for sure.[/QUOTE]

I haven't actually seen the offer yet, but based on what I've seen with past offers like this it's worth keeping in mind that this is probably limited to certain theaters or theater chains. Therefore, if you know you want to see it in a specific format like IMAX, it might be worth checking to make sure that your theater is covered first. Here in the DC area, for example, I suspect that this will probably work with the AMC IMAX theaters in Columbia and Alexandria, but most likely will not work with the Smithsonian IMAX theaters in DC and Dulles (if they even get the movie -- I don't think they ever did get Avatar).

If anyone has the URL that lists the eligible theaters and can post it, it would be appreciated.

[quote name='arcane93']I haven't actually seen the offer yet, but based on what I've seen with past offers like this it's worth keeping in mind that this is probably limited to certain theaters or theater chains. Therefore, if you know you want to see it in a specific format like IMAX, it might be worth checking to make sure that your theater is covered first. Here in the DC area, for example, I suspect that this will probably work with the AMC IMAX theaters in Columbia and Alexandria, but most likely will not work with the Smithsonian IMAX theaters in DC and Dulles (if they even get the movie -- I don't think they ever did get Avatar).

If anyone has the URL that lists the eligible theaters and can post it, it would be appreciated.[/QUOTE]Sure.

Check here:
http://www.hollywoodmoviemoney.com/

^ Thanks for tip. I knew i was safe though from previous redemptions at my IMAX theater though. I redeemed one already and it was cool.

[quote name='shrike4242']Sure.

Check here:
http://www.hollywoodmoviemoney.com/[/QUOTE]

Thanks.

[quote name='Pookymeister']^ Thanks for tip. I knew i was safe though from previous redemptions at my IMAX theater though. I redeemed one already and it was cool.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, just figured I should throw that out there for everybody. Most people probably know how these things work by now, but don't want anyone to be caught by surprise.

If you want, DON'T open it and resell it on Amazon/Ebay as NEW, it's going for $10.14

Best Buy will probably REFUSE to accept a return wth that sticker ripped out.

It appears they did a double-shrinkwrap job on my copy of Tron, for those that were wondering.

You can remove the outer level of shrinkwrap and get access to the movie ticket redemption code, and then resell the movie on CL/Amazon/Ebay/whatever.

Amazon gives $4.50 for the trade-in of Tron, BTW.

[quote name='shrike4242']It appears they did a double-shrinkwrap job on my copy of Tron, for those that were wondering.

You can remove the outer level of shrinkwrap and get access to the movie ticket redemption code, and then resell the movie on CL/Amazon/Ebay/whatever.

Amazon gives $4.50 for the trade-in of Tron, BTW.[/QUOTE]

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B00005OCMR

Get up to $12.00 value in Hollywood Movie Money
Ed Wood
Enchanted
The Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian
The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe
Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End
Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest
Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl
The Princess Diaries (SE)
Tim Burton's The Nightmare Before Christmas (CE)
Tron

Get up to $8.00 value in Hollywood Movie Money
Chocolat
Ella Enchanted
Finding Neverland

Picked up 4 flicks: Tron, Enchanted, Princess Diaries, and Ed Wood. Cheaper than the value of the tickets so a great deal for me as I was definitely going to see Alice in the theatre!

Got Tron again for the first time in about 8 years. Love the movie and this will be great to watch while I'm waiting for the Blu.

Thanks OP.

[quote name='GenPirate']Do you get 1 ticket per dvd?[/QUOTE]In theory, yes.

You get a code that you enter into a website that produces a one-time use credit card number for the theatre to use to purchase the ticket(s). They're worth $12 each, so if you had three of them and tickets were $8, I think you would be able to buy four tickets with them.

Terms are spelled out on the printed certificate.

yeah, but don't expect any money back from unused ticket money! anything in the terms about 1 ticket voucher per customer? I can see that being a main stipulation..i wonder if it is the same as the sherlock holmes promo company (which sucked b/c it has very limited theatres to chose from)? I redeemed that one, but to totally go see another movie :lol:

Looks like it does say that it's for a single admission, so it's one cert per movie.

And it state clearly that any unused money isn't refundable.

Yes, it's the same promotion company that is running this one. They've run most of the past promotions over the last couple of years.

I noticed on some of the DVDs, it says Child admission....is that right? Or, is it just up to $8 off admission for any ticket to see the flick?

Is this deal still going on? My brother wants to go see this with a bunch of friends so I am going to try and get him a couple free tickets.

[quote name='GenPirate']Is this deal still going on? My brother wants to go see this with a bunch of friends so I am going to try and get him a couple free tickets.[/QUOTE]

As long as you find a DVD with the coupon sticker on the front, you're good to go. The movies may no longer be on sale, but they're still available.

On a side note -- anyone redeem the "child admission ticket" yet? Is it clearly only for child tickets or up to $8 towards any ticket?

bread's done
Back