Free Artbook with Game of Thrones (Xbox or PS3) Preorder

calli

CAG Veteran
Seems like a nice deal since it also comes with the usual Amazon preorder price protection.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...&tag=cheapassgam08-20&creativeASIN=B007B7BGPS

Order Game of Thrones and get the Game of Thrones: Visuals from the RPG. art book that offers sixty-four full color pages of sketches, renders, photos, game developer commentary, and other rare materials. The hardbound 8.5" by 11" art book is printed on premium stock and is a true labor of love worthy of the series and its fans. The art book will be included when the product ships. This offer will be extended to all pre-orders. Offer valid when shipped and sold by Amazon.com, while supplies last. Amazon reserves the right to change or terminate this promotion at any time.

Looks nice. I love me some art books though I see nothing stating this is an exclusive to AMZ. I'll wait to see what else is out there so far.

Hmm, Atlus' website says there will be a PC version but I can't find it for pre-order anywhere. I wonder if they're doing it digital only.

hmm gonna preorder now..and cancel later if previews don't look up to par. quality of the artwork doesnt look that great but the cover/binding look exquisite. pretty sweet book for free. pretty sweet that Martin is overseeing the games' story and even "signed" the book. thanks op

gah just realized this comes out the week before dragons dogma. must be year of the rpg or something.

Unfortunately, the game itself looks really poor. I believe this is GS and Amazon exclusive and is supposedly going to be "limited" for whatever that's worth.

Having played some of Cyanide's other games like Le Tour de France, this game is probably going to get low review scores. I would not consider preordering this game under any circumstance.

[quote name='technicalstylez']gonna leave my preorders for now since its early, but its looking like ill be canceling them, waiting for the game to be

[quote name='abhinav']I want that art book more then the game which is sad...[/QUOTE]

I'm returning the game as so as I get the artbook :lol:

[quote name='technicalstylez']gah just realized this comes out the week before dragons dogma. must be year of the rpg or something.[/QUOTE]

I don't think Dragon's Dogma is an rpg? Could be wrong tho.

And yeah this Game of Thrones games doesn't look too promising, not that I was expecting much anyway. It's just an attempt to cash in on the success of the tv show. Everyone here is much better off just ordering the s1 bluray, which is pretty cheap right now on preorder through Amazon.

And yes of course the artbook is there to get people to buy the game day 1. That's the sole intent of any preorder bonus.

dragons dogma looks pretty rpg to me :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bKa0Y4kg8ZA

[quote name='pdjones']I don't think Dragon's Dogma is an rpg? Could be wrong tho.

And yeah this Game of Thrones games doesn't look too promising, not that I was expecting much anyway. It's just an attempt to cash in on the success of the tv show. Everyone here is much better off just ordering the s1 bluray, which is pretty cheap right now on preorder through Amazon.

And yes of course the artbook is there to get people to buy the game day 1. That's the sole intent of any preorder bonus.[/QUOTE]

If anyone is interested I snapped some pictures of the Game of Thrones artbook I picked up earlier today. Apparently Gamestops have them sitting in a back room until Tuesday, you might be able to convince them to hand out a copy early if you pre-order.

http://thedpad.blogspot.com/2012/05/preview-game-of-thrones-visuals-from.html

It's pretty big, about the size of a hardcover graphic novel. Not terribly long but some cool material inside.

[quote name='stavros45']If anyone is interested I snapped some pictures of the Game of Thrones artbook I picked up earlier today. Apparently Gamestops have them sitting in a back room until Tuesday, you might be able to convince them to hand out a copy early if you pre-order.

It's pretty big, about the size of a hardcover graphic novel. Not terribly long but some cool material inside.[/QUOTE]

Thank you for the pics. I got mine last week but since it's my only one I won't open it.

You stated it's the size of a novel though... I don't feel that's accurate. I'd compare it to the size of a Game Informer magazine.

[quote name='Romeo']Thank you for the pics. I got mine last week but since it's my only one I won't open it.

You stated it's the size of a novel though... I don't feel that's accurate. I'd compare it to the size of a Game Informer magazine.[/QUOTE]

he said its the size of a graphic novel, in which case he is correct.

[quote name='stavros45']If anyone is interested I snapped some pictures of the Game of Thrones artbook I picked up earlier today. Apparently Gamestops have them sitting in a back room until Tuesday, you might be able to convince them to hand out a copy early if you pre-order.

It's pretty big, about the size of a hardcover graphic novel. Not terribly long but some cool material inside.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the pics; I think I might have to pick up the art book. Also, I like the blog..keep it up! I'm jealous of the Max Payne 3 bonuses you also pictured nicely, and left you the first comment on that article. :)

[quote name='sgaldis']Thanks for the pics; I think I might have to pick up the art book. Also, I like the blog..keep it up! I'm jealous of the Max Payne 3 bonuses you also pictured nicely, and left you the first comment on that article. :)[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the compliments, I appreciate the feedback. I think Zavvi.com is offering the pen with pre-order as well.

[quote name='technicalstylez']he said its the size of a graphic novel, in which case he is correct.[/QUOTE]

The term "graphic novel" has nothing to do with the dimensions of the book. When it comes to books, graphic novels have a wide array of sizes. Even comic books classified as such aren't set to any specific standard size in this regard.

[quote name='pdjones']The term "graphic novel" has nothing to do with the dimensions of the book. When it comes to books, graphic novels have a wide array of sizes. Even comic books classified as such aren't set to any specific standard size in this regard.[/QUOTE]

Saying 'graphic novel' in a broad sense probably wasn't the best comparison, now that I think about it. The book is definitely larger than the standard size comic book, like a big magazine. I'm not positive of the exact measurements, but I can tell you it's not small like the usual bonus artbook.

At Gamestop, is the artbook considered to be "bundled" with the game, sharing the same SKU? Or is it like other preorder bonuses where they just hand them out?

I ask because I really want the artbook but may want to wait until later to buy the game, so I'd like to be able to return the game if the reviews are bad enough.

The artbook is not bundled with the game. We received about 8 artbooks at my store and only have 3 pre-orders (myself included) so most stores should have extras. You would probably be able to return the game np without the artbook if it turns out bad.

Most employees would probably give you the artbook beforehand if you pre-ordered it though.

[quote name='Pikagreg']The artbook is not bundled with the game. We received about 8 artbooks at my store and only have 3 pre-orders (myself included) so most stores should have extras. You would probably be able to return the game np without the artbook if it turns out bad.

Most employees would probably give you the artbook beforehand if you pre-ordered it though.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, pikagreg!

I am a huge GoT fan, hope the game turns out to be better than mediocre. So far it's looking like it'll be in the 40-50 range on metacritic so I'm a little worried.

Kinda bullshit that the preorder book only comes with the xbox or ps3 version and not the PC. Just got a good gaming computer finally and PC versions especially for RPG/FPS blow away the console versions.

i have both systems but i wonder which one to get? I think it's running off an unreal 3 engine which is native to PC/xbox but i don't know if conversion is that difficult anymore to ps3?

[quote name='solarnoise']Thanks, pikagreg!

I am a huge GoT fan, hope the game turns out to be better than mediocre. So far it's looking like it'll be in the 40-50 range on metacritic so I'm a little worried.[/QUOTE]

how is it "looking" like it'll be in the 40-50 range if there isn't a single review for any version yet?

You're probably looking at the RTS game, Game of Thrones Genesis

[quote name='y0shelite']how is it "looking" like it'll be in the 40-50 range if there isn't a single review for any version yet?

You're probably looking at the RTS game, Game of Thrones Genesis[/QUOTE]

No, I was making a subjective comment based on my own observations and opinions. Chill out, not everyone is trying to cite a fact or something on the internet. Some people just have an opinion.

I'll buy it eventually anyway, but I don't think it'll be scored highly.

[quote name='solarnoise']No, I was making a subjective comment based on my own observations and opinions. Chill out, not everyone is trying to cite a fact or something on the internet. Some people just have an opinion.

I'll buy it eventually anyway, but I don't think it'll be scored highly.[/QUOTE]

Who cares if it scores highly or not if you enjoy it then fuck it. Can't stand how everyone judges games based off a metacritic score. Gaming "journalist" said Mass Effect 3 was a 10/10, come on son.

[quote name='confoosious']Based on what?[/QUOTE]

agreed, it's one thing to say "I don't think it'll be good" but to say it's gonna get rating on metacritic is a strange comment without any basis for it

[quote name='Distrato']Who cares if it scores highly or not if you enjoy it then fuck it. Can't stand how everyone judges games based off a metacritic score. Gaming "journalist" said Mass Effect 3 was a 10/10, come on son.[/QUOTE]

i enjoyed mass effect 3. was the whole saga a 10? i dont know. but easily a 9.5 or so.

as for this i havent seen the show. ive considered it. i might some day. the art book looks quite sexy i must say....i do wonder how limited it will be???

Very nice! Thanks for posting. I've had this game pre-ordered for awhile so i hope its good. love me some GoT!

Lot of people getting butthurt over an off-the-cuff remark about scoring. You took possibly the least important part of a casually posted comment and jump down my throat about it, chill the fuck out.

I never said I personally cared about scoring, I just made a simple observation that I doubt it'll be received highly by the majority of people, which you guys seem to want to take out of context and dissect. I've never let reviews keep me from checking out a game in my life, I just see GoT as possibly being something that many will find lacking, but GoT fans will enjoy anyway. I don't need to base this off anything; again, the magic of the internet is that everyone gets to have their own opinion.

Deal with it. :cool:

meh.

people just think you made a dumb statement.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion. But there's a difference between an opinion and a prediction based on nothing.

[quote name='confoosious']meh.

people just think you made a dumb statement.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion. But there's a difference between an opinion and a prediction based on nothing.[/QUOTE]

scores mean nothing though literally. nothing at all. look i love mass effect 3 and i dont think the ending is bad. therefore im not going to knock the score down for that. to me that deserves a 9.5 others feel different.

its quite possible to enjoy what is mechanically a bad game. i recently bought morphx just because it looked interesting and unusual. i was right. it is however a mechanically bad game. its a 5 at best really. but i enjoyed it. the score of 5 means nothing.

meanwhile sonic generations disappointed me greatly.

it is quite easy after gaming so much to look at a game and tell if it is good or bad based on a few videos and sometimes even just reading the back of the cover and in this case it is based on a TV show which games are famous for being bad when based on a tv or movie. this i need to play a game before i judge it is stupid. ive played far too many games i dont need to play something to judge it. most of the time i can judge what i want to play quite easily based on looks. for instance do i truely need to play icarly 1 and 2 to know i will hate myself if i ever play them????? i think not.

To each their own, CAG friends.

I am torn between getting Game of Thrones or Dragon's Dogma first. (linear vs. open world - does not matter to me.)

I really want to preorder this game because I love art books (probz my fave CE/preorder bonus) - but I have not read the books nor seen the TV series. Do any GoT fans think I will be at a disadvantage story-wise?
I love RPGs like this (Witcher 2, Skyrim, Amalur, shit I even liked LotR: War in the North.) I could go on and on... plus I have read good stuff about GoT in previews around the internettages.

What do my CAG-brothers think - you guys preordering this? Waiting for a price drop over the summer? Or perhaps this will become a rare Atlus gem a few years from now...

I just want the art book. I am completely hooked on the TV show. It is an absolute marvel!!! The game is probably going to be shite, just like most TV/Movie games. I'll wait for it to be cheap... but the art book is tempting me bad...

The game looks decent (though not sure worth the 60 dollar price tag). The combat is sort of like DA: Origins except you only control one character for about half of the game. There seems to be AI allies but none that you had much control of.

The game was actually in production before the TV series had begun. They mention in the video that they were afraid the series would bring down the game if it turned out bad but because it became so popular, they had to bring some of the likeness of the series to the game.

Here is a preview I saw posted on the Gamefaqs forums.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6wBvE0SzJUc

I thoroughly enjoyed Green Lantern and I doubt that got much of a good score.

As for this game, I had it preordered from Amazon for months but it's hard to justify $60 even with the artbook. And I know GS doesn't bundle in their bonuses but I'm not one of those preorder, get the artbook, and then return the game type people.

bread's done
Back