Free Artbook with Game of Thrones (Xbox or PS3) Preorder

calli

CAG Veteran
Seems like a nice deal since it also comes with the usual Amazon preorder price protection.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...&tag=cheapassgam08-20&creativeASIN=B007B7BGPS

Order Game of Thrones and get the Game of Thrones: Visuals from the RPG. art book that offers sixty-four full color pages of sketches, renders, photos, game developer commentary, and other rare materials. The hardbound 8.5" by 11" art book is printed on premium stock and is a true labor of love worthy of the series and its fans. The art book will be included when the product ships. This offer will be extended to all pre-orders. Offer valid when shipped and sold by Amazon.com, while supplies last. Amazon reserves the right to change or terminate this promotion at any time.

Damn. Reviews are that bad? I love this show (and the books) so much I was just blindly hoping the game would be half way decent.

I guess I"ll try and get the art book for $20 on eBay. I'd rather pay that then $60 for both when there is a good chance this will be found on the cheap a few months from now.

Lol, why don't you guys just go to GS, ask if they have any extra books you could have if you buy the game, then return it tomorrow? That's all I did last night and I'll be taking it back soon.

[quote name='SniperREX']I just cancelled my pre-order due to the terrible review on IGN, 4 :cold: . I wasn't expecting a masterpiece, but at least a competent game like a 6 or 7. Not this train-wreck :cry:[/QUOTE]Ouch, the other review I saw says its just a horrible...

Oh, well, back to Amazon it goes... Maybe I'll chat with CS before mailing it back and see if I can keep the art book. (It was what really drew me in to begin with.)

[quote name='Jodou']Lol, why don't you guys just go to GS, ask if they have any extra books you could have if you buy the game, then return it tomorrow? That's all I did last night and I'll be taking it back soon.[/QUOTE]

I don't want to sound judgmental or anything, but I could never feel comfortable doing something like that.

But hey, it's not like GS doesn't have shady business practices, so maybe you can find some justification with what you're doing.

I dunno. It's your world, I'm simply an observer.

[quote name='keine']I don't want to sound judgmental or anything, but I could never feel comfortable doing something like that.

But hey, it's not like GS doesn't have shady business practices, so maybe you can find some justification with what you're doing.

I dunno. It's your world, I'm simply an observer.[/QUOTE]

Many GS employees will probably give you a book if you pre-order something else if you ask. Our store received far more books than we had pre-orders and many people are also cancelling their Diablo 3 reserves after getting it somewhere else. Doesn't hurt to ask :D

Also here is a more realistic review from RPGfan

http://rpgfan.com/reviews/Game_of_Thrones/index.html

While the game does look to be sub-par quality compared to other recent/upcoming releases, I would keep an eye out if you are a fan of the books/show. Plenty of games with poor reviews end up being fun, it is just a matter of price (TW2/Divinity2/Cursed Crusade/Alpha Protocol)

I love the books and show, and will probably pick this game up at some point just for the story elements, but I'll wait till it hits $20 or $10. I'm glad I don't have the urge to collect art books like some here do!

bread's done
Back