Free Best Buy $10 RZ Holiday Certificate YMMV

I saw nothing but ill look again later today. I know that they aren't obligated to give these to us but it isn't fair that some people are getting it and that others aren't :(

Gotta return the doa tv I bought yesterday from bb. Might ask in store about the promo or just call. I just don't want that awful wait music.

I've only spent $224 this year, and I didn't get one. Don't really care enough to call, either. I did recently get a $5 cert, so maybe that screwed me.

Just called and told Reward Zone people I didn't get one and some buddies did, and they immediatly credited my account without any further questions.

[quote name='flyinfast']I just called as well, I hardly ever buy from them, but I figured it was worth a shot. The lady said it was a totally random selection(sure....) and that they might send out more before the holiday season. I asked if there was any way to up my chances, and of course, nothing. Oh well, 2 minutes of my time wasted.[/QUOTE]

I was told the same thing.

[quote name='flyinfast']I just called as well, I hardly ever buy from them, but I figured it was worth a shot. The lady said it was a totally random selection(sure....) and that they might send out more before the holiday season. I asked if there was any way to up my chances, and of course, nothing. Oh well, 2 minutes of my time wasted.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='FrankTheFrowner']I was told the same thing.[/QUOTE]

Add me to the list who received this excuse as well. I'll probably try again later in the day.

Random? Seriously? Silver Level and unlocked I got nothing. Way to take care of those loyal customers...though Im sure they are basically trying to get infrequent customers in the story.

none this year, I got one last year when I bought my HDTV and some HD cables from Best buy. This year I only bought Fallout New Vegas when it was $9.99 so it'd practically be the evuivalent of what I gave them at the end of the day if they did send me one.

[quote name='bubo']Add me to the list who received this excuse as well. I'll probably try again later in the day.[/QUOTE]

I was just told the same thing by "Sue." Will try again later.

[quote name='travis_campbell06']Just called and told Reward Zone people I didn't get one and some buddies did, and they immediatly credited my account without any further questions.[/QUOTE]

Did the same thing without any hassle.

Just called for the 2nd time and got $10 cert, no questions asked. I tried calling last night and the female CSR told me I had to be a silver member to qualify.

Just called and "Susan" told me to text Silver to 332211. I told her that's for coupons,and she tried to tell me that this was the way to get it!

I'll try again after lunch.

Edit: I had some spare time now,so I called back. "Regina" was very helpful and credit my account 500 points,but may take 3-5 buisness days to apply.

How fast did you guys get your points?

She also said that I may still get a $10 Holiday Certificate as it is totally random!

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm Premier Silver, called the Silver hotline # and the rep told me they went out randomly, she checked my account and said I was not one of the ones who would be getting one, then promptly told me she would credit me $10 anyway right now.

Took all of 3 minutes on the phone. Now I have a total of $115 in RZ certs (been banking points since last year) to use for my Xmas shopping. Score.

I got one last year. Didn't get one this year.

I gotta say, to call in and ask for a free cert for nothing, is basically where the line is drawn between deal-seeker and BEGGAR.

For those of you who called the number and were successful, can you please let us know the name of the rep who you spoke with? Thanks.

[quote name='Agent Orange']I got one last year. Didn't get one this year.

I gotta say, to call in and ask for a free cert for nothing, is basically where the line is drawn between deal-seeker and BEGGAR.[/QUOTE]

I've been a Premier Silver member for two years now,and hadn't received one yet! I deserve it for being a loyal customer!

Yeah I've be Premier Silver for the past couple years and last year I didn't get it but I got it on another account that was in my name (I think it was my dad's, since we have the same name) and he almost never uses his account. I'm pretty sure by "random" it's for people who don't use the account often to get them into the store to buy stuff. I can't complain though. I've gotten so many free rewards certificates from them over the past couple years it'll be a while before I get mad for not being included.

Just got off the phone with Best Buy Silver Premier customer service. I was told that these certificates for $10 were being given out randomly to those customers that haven't shopped Best Buy in a while and this is a way to bring their business back in. I explained that I can appreciate what they are doing to generate more business, but that I have been a silver member since the beginning and it would be nice to be appreciated in the same way. He said he understood, re-stated their policy on this and then said he would credit my RZ account with 500 points. Then he thanked me for being a loyal Best Buy customer. Nice experience again with Best Buy. Thank you Best Buy! And yes, I will continue to be a loyal customer. I have never had a bad customer service experience with them.

Awesome! Made the call, the rep I spoke with said that they only gave them out to "premier" members but when I asked her to please check again she did and then said that the promo was random and that she would go ahead and give me the certificate.

I usually get stonewalled when I have to do a call-in for a deal, so if I can get on of these certificates chances are extremely high everyone can. :)

The customer service rep I called said it was sent randomly, and most likely to people who hadn't shopped for awhile to get them to come in and buy stuff. Since I was premier silver, she said she would credit me 500 points. Thanks for the heads up.

How are you all getting to speak to a customer service rep? I've called the number listed in the first post (888-237-8289), and get an automated system. I go to Reward Zone, and when it asks for voice input, I say 'Customer Service'. It asks for my phone number, and after I give it, the system hangs up on me. 4 times now - same result.

First time I called I got hooked up with the Premier Silver rep...he then forwarded me to a "reward zone" rep who immediately credited me...this makes me think it was more for the ones that don't use it much...thanks for the heads up on the posts...just in time for SkyRim....also...my rep gave me the choice of 500 pts to the account...or sending me a txt that gave me immediate access if I was going to the store now...

Thanks OP, I called and gave em all my info and used the same line, some buds got a holiday reward cert, am I eligible and Anthony gave me one for my acct!

Did you all get the points immediately in your account? I see where it says Customer Satisfaction 500 points, but my current point balance is still 0....

How long does it take to apply?

Just got off the phone with Reward Zone customer service. Got a very foreign sounding lady and I explained that other people I knew received the cert but I hadn't. She said I was not eligible for the promo but that she would still credit the 500 points to my account. Very good experience overall. Now to put this towards some psn credit to put towards COD elite or whatever

[quote name='xxjonoxx']Did you all get the points immediately in your account? I see where it says Customer Satisfaction 500 points, but my current point balance is still 0....

How long does it take to apply?[/QUOTE]

Customer rep said it would take 24 to 48 hours to show up in your account.

Are you talking about this transaction?
08/16/2011 Point Adjustment 500 Bonus Points RZ Gamers Club - 500

[quote name='deantjeep']Customer rep said it would take 24 to 48 hours to show up in your account.[/QUOTE]

Cool, thanks. I hope it applies before Friday's Skyrim!

Call rz premier and my rep Megan, told her my bro got a $10 cert and I was wondering if I was eligible. She checked if one was pending and then asked "that was the $15 holiday promotion" and I had to say "yeah, holiday promotion". Should be available in 24 hours. I love Best Buy customer service.

[quote name='ijustw1n']Call rz premier and my rep Megan, told her my bro got a $10 cert and I was wondering if I was eligible. She checked if one was pending and then asked "that was the $15 holiday promotion" and I had to say "yeah, holiday promotion". Should be available in 24 hours. I love Best Buy customer service.[/QUOTE]

$15??? Somehow I've become so entitled that my free $10 isn't good enough anymore. Just kidding but its pretty awesome that they are honoring this for us even though we arent the group this is targeted towards

bread's done
Back