Free Best Buy RZ Cert in Email (YMMV)

Copy/Pasted from the bottom of the email:

NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO RECEIVE OFFER. Open only to legal residents of 50 U.S./D.C. (excluding P.R.), 13+ who are Best Buy Reward Zone program members in good standing to whom Mystery Rewards Offer is sent via email. To determine Offer's value, present it for scanning at customer service or retail register at any participating Best Buy or Best Buy Mobile store in 50 U.S./D.C. (excluding P.R.) during normal store hours. Revealed value of barcode #2 governs in event of a conflict with barcode #1. Neither purchase nor sales presentation is required to check value of Offer. Planned Offer Distribution/Odds: (10) 250,000 Reward Zone Points (1:250,000). (100) $500 Offer Certificate (1:25,000). (500) $100 Offer Certificate (1:5,000). (1,000) $50 Offer Certificate (1:2,500). (2,500) $20 Offer Certificate (1:1,000). (2,495,890) $5 Offer Certificate (approx. 1:1). Offer subject to full Terms and Conditions available at www.bestbuy.com/mysteryrewards. Sponsor: Best Buy Stores, L.P., 7601 Penn Ave. S., Richfield, MN 55423. Administrator: Gage Marketing Group, LLC, 10000 Highway 55, Minneapolis, MN 55441.

[quote name='Sunghead']Copy/Pasted from the bottom of the email:

NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO RECEIVE OFFER. Open only to legal residents of 50 U.S./D.C. (excluding P.R.), 13+ who are Best Buy Reward Zone program members in good standing to whom Mystery Rewards Offer is sent via email. To determine Offer's value, present it for scanning at customer service or retail register at any participating Best Buy or Best Buy Mobile store in 50 U.S./D.C. (excluding P.R.) during normal store hours. Revealed value of barcode #2 governs in event of a conflict with barcode #1. Neither purchase nor sales presentation is required to check value of Offer. Planned Offer Distribution/Odds: (10) 250,000 Reward Zone Points (1:250,000). (100) $500 Offer Certificate (1:25,000). (500) $100 Offer Certificate (1:5,000). (1,000) $50 Offer Certificate (1:2,500). (2,500) $20 Offer Certificate (1:1,000). (2,495,890) $5 Offer Certificate (approx. 1:1). Offer subject to full Terms and Conditions available at www.bestbuy.com/mysteryrewards. Sponsor: Best Buy Stores, L.P., 7601 Penn Ave. S., Richfield, MN 55423. Administrator: Gage Marketing Group, LLC, 10000 Highway 55, Minneapolis, MN 55441.[/QUOTE]

In other words, photoshopping won't work, since it's linked to your Rewards Member ID. I got a $5 :( Better than nothing though!

if you cannot copy paste the url I found all the upcs
looks like the first set of numbers are all identical so the next set determines how much

12091 = $5
12107= $20
12116= $50
12125= $100
12134= $500
can't find the 250,000 RZ Points ($5,000) one

I got $5

I have never once gotten one of these Best Buy email freebies/Promotions.
I just checked my email and I see one from Best Buy that matches what the member who posted the pic said. "Open for your weekly rewards"
So I open it all excited and its just a damn Hulu plus prom by Best Buy

[quote name='Olympus']No e-mail for me, but I did get the Hulu Plus free month plus 100 bonus points for the first six months of keeping the subscription. Bleh...[/QUOTE]

Same here + expected Deal of the Day e-mail.

[quote name='mikepeluso']I have never once gotten one of these Best Buy email freebies/Promotions.
I just checked my email and I see one from Best Buy that matches what the member who posted the pic said. "Open for your weekly rewards"
So I open it all excited and its just a damn Hulu plus prom by Best Buy[/QUOTE]

Got this one as well :(

[quote name='FFaddic']In other words, photoshopping won't work, since it's linked to your Rewards Member ID. I got a $5 :( Better than nothing though![/QUOTE]

[quote name='shakespear']What is the second barcode for?[/QUOTE]

As he states above, it's most likely linked to your member ID to catch photoshops or mass printing.

Still nothing here. Ps and gcu for 3 years+ and as long as gcu has been around. I have never received one of these. Makes you wonder how they are selected.

[quote name='Gabrius']According to the rep I just talked to, ALL RZ Silver accounts should be getting this email by day's end tomorrow.[/QUOTE]

Hopefully this is true. Im RZ Silver and didnt get anything.

When I click the Print Reward button from my email:

The page you have requested is unavailable! Please try your link again. The content for this link may no longer be available.

:(

[quote name='TylerDurden313']I'm NOT a RZ Silver member and received a $5 cert. Looks like I'll finally be picking up Dark Souls today :)[/QUOTE]

Yes! This is the response I was looking for. Fingers crossed that I will get one since I have spent a lot this year, but no where near enough to qualify for Silver.

[quote name='pwnthee']No less than the number of dorks that'll bitch about them calling. :lol:

Got one, Premier Silver and Gamers Club Unlocked member.[/QUOTE]

I did not get one but I won't be calling begging for something.

[quote name='confoosious']I did not get one but I won't be calling begging for something.[/QUOTE]

I wasn't aware that inquiring about a promotion was considered "begging".

I call the RZ Silver hotline when I have an issue. WHENEVER I have an issue.

The difference between you and I?

According to you, I'm a beggar.

...but according to my wallet, I'm about $200 worth of RZ certs better off for it this year ^_^

[quote name='DDustiNN']When I click the Print Reward button from my email:

The page you have requested is unavailable! Please try your link again. The content for this link may no longer be available.

:([/QUOTE]

Well I called customer service, and after checking into it, she said some other cusotmers are having the same issue with the link not working. She's forwarding it to the tech people, and said to keep trying throughout the day because they're usually pretty quick to fix it. Either same day or next day, and I'll possibly get an apology email with a new link if necessary. She said I will "definitely not lose the mystery certificate" though, so that's good.

Just a heads up in case anyone else has the same issue as me... just call them and let them know, only takes a few minutes.

I got $5 here. Terrible timing as I just was at Best Buy on Monday picking up a used game. I don't suppose they'll let me "return" the game and use the GC?

well the pain is I never received any email. I didn't receive this 1 nor did i receive the 250 points for renewing my unlocked membership so I'm starting to wonder and yes I'm going to call and complain. I just want my free stuff like anyone else with good sense

[quote name='Idx86']I got $5 here. Terrible timing as I just was at Best Buy on Monday picking up a used game. I don't suppose they'll let me "return" the game and use the GC?[/QUOTE]

Yes, you can most certainly do that. Just take the receipt and your certificate to the customer service counter and tell them you want to do a price adjustment.

[quote name='LiquidSnape']if you cannot copy paste the url I found all the upcs
looks like the first set of numbers are all identical so the next set determines how much

12091 = $5
12107= $20
12116= $50
12125= $100
12134= $500

I got $5[/QUOTE]

[quote name='GeorgeCostanza']Got one. Im surprised so many of you have already had them checked unless there is a trick to finding out what we got.[/QUOTE]

I wondered too. Then I just clicked back a page or two....

Why do I forsee these two barcodes confusing the hell out of your average cashier?

They're going to be like "What is this again? I have to scan what in which order?"

[quote name='Gabrius']I wasn't aware that inquiring about a promotion was considered "begging".

I call the RZ Silver hotline when I have an issue. WHENEVER I have an issue.

The difference between you and I?

According to you, I'm a beggar.

...but according to my wallet, I'm about $200 worth of RZ certs better off for it this year ^_^[/QUOTE]

cool story bro.

Received the certificate, but in the wrong email. If anyone hasn't gotten an email and has ever used a different one previously, you might want to check it.

Gamer Unlocked but not silver and i received one. $5, could've used yesterday for avengers but i'll save it for something else cheap.

[quote name='olympus']no e-mail for me, but i did get the hulu plus free month plus 100 bonus points for the first six months of keeping the subscription. Bleh...[/quote]

+1 =(

I really wish these wouldn't be posted on here... In fact I really think CheapyD should ban them. These are NOT MEANT for everybody yet inevitably what these threads always turn into is people complaining about how they didn't get one and BB then gets a tidal wave of people contacting them to demand a RZC.

[quote name='LiquidSnape']if you cannot copy paste the url I found all the upcs

12091 = $5
12107= $20
12116= $50
12125= $100
12134= $500

I got $5[/QUOTE]Thanks for this. It looks like I also got a $5 certificate. It's better than nothing, right? :applause:

[quote name='JKSonic']I really wish these wouldn't be posted on here... In fact I really think CheapyD should ban them. These are NOT MEANT for everybody yet inevitably what these threads always turn into is people complaining about how they didn't get one and BB then gets a tidal wave of people contacting them to demand a RZC.[/QUOTE]

Actually I agree with you, but let me play devils advocate. Posting about it does nothing in the sense that someone can't go and activate a specific deal. On the other hand members can discuss what discount they received.

As far as where this belongs, it should be under BRAGGING RIGHTS. This thread does not belong on the deals section.

[quote name='Layd Dly']I received one, Silver + GC member. only received a $5 which ill use for my "kindle" gift card :)[/QUOTE]

I didn't think about that! I was going to sit on the $5 (plus the $20 I have banked) for a week or two to see if a decent 3DS hardware deal pops up, as I want to get a 3DS for the girlfriend for Christmas, but I'm buying a camera next week from Amazon. I can put it towards that instead.

[quote name='Romeo']Actually I agree with you, but let me play devils advocate. Posting about it does nothing in the sense that someone can't go and activate a specific deal. On the other hand members can discuss what discount they received.

As far as where this belongs, it should be under BRAGGING RIGHTS. This thread does not belong on the deals section.[/QUOTE]

I can agree with that!

So has anybody actually confirmed that you can tell 100% what amount you have? Seems kinda silly they'd do it that way... Unless I missed it I just see people saying you can do it but nobody saying they took it to the store and it matched. And if it is so easily found what you got, then what is the second barcode even for?

bread's done
Back