Free Brain Age w/ DS Lite at BB and CC (B&M only)

Just a note to those considering.

CC is buy a DS Lite and get Brain Age AND Mario Pack for free. It's not one or the other. I know, I just got all 3 items a few minutes ago.

[quote name='bassec']Just a note to those considering.

CC is buy a DS Lite and get Brain Age AND Mario Pack for free. It's not one or the other. I know, I just got all 3 items a few minutes ago.[/quote]

they said that it was either or for me...oh well, i wasn't going to use the mario pack anyway

That's what I get for pre-ordering elsewhere and supporting a store that's not a big faceless corporation. No free game for me.

I have learned my lesson.

Is this Best Buy coupon not working for anyone else?

[quote name='KaneRobot']That's what I get for pre-ordering elsewhere and supporting a store that's not a big faceless corporation. No free game for me.

I have learned my lesson.[/quote]

Cancel it and get your money back.

[quote name='Shayde']Cancel it and get your money back.[/QUOTE]

I'm seriously thinking about it. Now to wrestle with EB over cancelling my preorder.

SWEET! Just got my DS Lite from Circuit City in Blaine, MN. $129 and free Brain Age. I didn't even present a coupon, I just told him it existed and he gave it to me. I wonder if I could have gotten away with a more expensive game. Oh well. Mine! SCREW YOU FOREST LAKE WALMART.

[quote name='KaneRobot']I'm seriously thinking about it. Are they going to try to make me think I "can't cancel" my preorder?[/quote]

They shouldn't, I asked my friend (whom works at a EB) during the "released early" fiasco and he said you can cancel pre-orders for a full refund.

Even if they don't let you, just buy yours and when they say thanks have a good day, pause for 5 seconds and say "Hi, I'd like to return this"

Worth the free game if you ask me.

yeah they have to let you cancel it. i know that's what i'm doing thanks to this deal. sweet cag.

Damn! I bought my DS Lite online at Circuit City.com with in-store pickup on Thursday but I really want Brain Age! Does anyone know if the 15% restocking fee would apply to an opened ds? I'm wondering if I can return the ds I've opened and buy a new one. It doesn't seem like there would be a restocking fee from CircuitCity.com's help file:

• Digital cameras, camcorders, desktop PCs, notebook PCs, monitors, printers, scanners, projectors, PDAs, mobile video, GPS and radar detectors must be returned within 14 days of the sale date, and (except where prohibited by law) are subject to a 15% restocking fee if returned opened or in a non-factory sealed box.
    • Home theater seating must be returned within 14 days of the sale date, and (except where prohibited by law) are subject to a 25% restocking fee if returned opened or in a non-factory sealed box.
    • There is no restocking fee for defective product returned in exchange for the exact same product, or for product originally purchased as Open Box.
    • For any exchange or refund, we need the original receipt or a record of the purchase in our system, and the product must be in its original condition, including the box, UPC bar code, packaging, and all accessories.
    • Opened software, music, games, and movies may be exchanged for the same title only.
    • Charges for installation and delivery services are nonrefundable after the services have been performed.
    • Restocking fees do not apply to the return of a purchase made from a Hawaii address.
    • Circuit City is not responsible for contacting wireless carriers regarding changes or cancellations of your service plan.
    • For in-store purchases, refunds are issued in the original payment type. Refunds on check purchases less than 14 days old and in excess of $100 are issued by check from our corporate office within 14 days of the return date.

CC is buy a DS Lite and get Brain Age AND Mario Pack for free. It's not one or the other. I know, I just got all 3 items a few minutes ago.[/QUOTE]

Would there be any way for you to post a copy of your receipt? Thanks!

Just used the Brain Age coupon at BB and it worked great. Informed everyone else at the store and they started printing the coupon on the instore kisosk for everyone and kept them at the register. Store only got in about 38 of them, but they couldn't find them and it took them 20 minutes to locate them in the back.

Thank goodness for CAG. I just bought BrainAge 5 days ago at Gamestop in anticipation of the Lite. Now I've got my shiny new Lite, a free copy of the game from Best Buy, and got my money back on the Gamestop copy. 'Tis a good day.

First Circuit City was a joke (Wheaton, MD). Didn't have Brain Age or the Mario Bundle.

Went to the 1 at Rockville, and got Brain Age and the Mario Bundle free with little issue. Had to have the cashier find the mario bundle, and took him a while to ring it up at the right price (ended up over riding it to make the bundle and game free).

Best of all, no dead pixels!

For anyone else looking, the Target in Rockville didn't have any (they sold early), didn't look like the Wheaton, CC had many, and in Rockville CC they were in the back but the cashier said they had a "bunch."

For the CC coupon is there any higher quality (resolution) pictures of the coupon because when i print that one the black print (fine print details) doesn't show up very clear. Thanks!

I don't have a scanner, but it's all in the CC ad and online coupon off circuitcity.com.

Just show them that Brain Age only works today, so why would they have the coupon at all if you couldn't get the free kit listed in the ad. And then, show them the ad for the free Mario Kit. It's the intended deal anyways, it's not getting away with anything.

Just got mine @ CC - got the Mario Bundle and Brain Age for free! I didn't even have the coupon - I just told them it was on their website and they gave it to me...

CC is buy a DS Lite and get Brain Age AND Mario Pack for free. It's not one or the other. I know, I just got all 3 items a few minutes ago.[/QUOTE]

this is not true for me. Very YMMV
when i got my DS Lite at CC this morning, the guy at the register won't let me take both, so I chose Brain Age

Here's my receipt for the DSL, Brain Age free and the mario bundle free at CC. prices are weird since he just adjusted the DS down $10 and left the mario bundle on at $10.

Receipt.jpg

No dead/stuck pixels for me:) To be honest, I think my favorite thing about the DSLite is the new d-pad. I don't know why Nintendo switched to clicky pad/buttons on GBASP, but I hope they never go back.

[quote name='dmaul1114']Here's my receipt for the DSL, Brain Age free and the mario bundle free at CC. prices are weird since he just adjusted the DS down $10 and left the mario bundle on at $10.

[/quote]
thanks josh

It looked like I was gonna get both freebies at CC, but it wouldn't ring up right at the electronics counter, and the girl at the front desk said I could only have one or the other, since the Brain Age coupon said "not valid with any other offers" Not a big deal, I wouldn't have used the Mario bundle stuff anyways.

ARG!!! There's a dead pixel right in the middle of my touch screen!! And it's a huge one! DAMMIT!!:bomb:

Does CC replace units due to dead pixels?

I had a gift card for EBgames, so I went to pick up some b2g1 games for my new Best Buy Lite. I was tempted to inform everyone there that they should go to CC or BB, but I didn't want to be a nuisance.

I got mine at GameCrazy with the 12 free rental coupons. But theres a dead blue pixel on the top screen, I guess I gotta take it back now.

I just bought a ds lite with the free sleeve kit from circuit city, and I had to show them the coupon for the free game online. The cool thing was that instead of giving me brain age, they rang up big brain academy, since it was the same price. After I bought it, I told them that the sale is only for brain age, but they said they would honor it. I preferred big brain anyway.

Just got back from Curcuit City in Kildeer, Illinois. I grabbed the last Brain Age (which I luckily found on top of the Brain Academy display). This particular store is OSS on the Mario Cases! I asked for a raincheck but obviously I didn't get one. The cashier had major problems ringing up the free game coupon but did not protest. In the end I was charged $.01 for the Brain Age game but I don't care. Thanks OP for posting this.

I need to stop visiting deal sites. Last night I made up my mind that I have no money to spend on a Lite... this deal was just too good to pass up, though! I wish I got the Mario Bundle too, but oh well... I have no desire to drive around the greater Chicagoland area looking for one.

I'm going to EB Games to trade in my Advance SP and a bunch of games in order to get NSMB.

I endup pickup DSL at Target for $44.XX after taxes & $100 GC instead use my credit card (No Free game). Beside i already scored Brain Age at GS for $10. Hope Target have new Promotion on DS LITE Next week !!!

Just got back from Curcuit City in Kildeer, Illinois. I grabbed the last Brain Age (which I luckily found on top of the Brain Academy display). This particular store is OSS on the Mario Cases! I asked for a raincheck but obviously I didn't get one. The cashier had major problems ringing up the free game coupon but did not protest. In the end I was charged $.01 for the Brain Age game but I don't care. Thanks OP for posting this.

I need to stop visiting deal sites. Last night I made up my mind that I have no money to spend on a Lite... this deal was just too good to pass up, though! I wish I got the Mario Bundle too, but oh well... I have no desire to drive around the greater Chicagoland area looking for one.

I'm going to EB Games to trade in my Advance SP and a bunch of games in order to get NSMB.

I also made up my mind last night that I didn't have the money right now either. I'm going to get one right now. :(

Just got mine from bestbuy with the free Brain Age. Unfortunately I already got that game at launch so I took the new Brain Age to Walmart and exchanged it for Big Brain Academy (the wife wanted that one too) so a DS Lite and a free game, today was a good day

I got it with Brain Age today, but the cashier also gave me a $10 gift card, I have no clue why... Not complaining though!

Thanks OP, got the DSL and free Brain Age, even though I can't stand BB.

If you're in Massachusetts, stay away from the Watertown BB, it's the worst for games, never puts anything out on release date, usually a week later (games, not the DSL), always sold out of stuff or good stuff not in stock.

I'm only going to the Framingham one from now on if I have to go there.

At CC for me today:

DS Lite
Free Brain Age
Free Mario Sleeve Kit
$15 off coupon applied to the Lite

Thank goodness for the awesome manager who works there.

Yes the Lite comes with a charger and it's a new style the old chargers don't work anymore.....

I wish i'd seen this thread earlier I would have tried to get in on this deal for the free game then return this DS Lite to Target where I bought mine 2 weeks ago... Not worth the effort to go try now since my BB and CC both suck ass and I am pretty sure they've sold out or pulled the remaining freebies by now.

Congrats to those who got in and dead pixels suck ass, luckily I have none of those. :D

How are the sleeve kits?? Are they worth $10? I started to buy one the other day but both Gamestop and Funcoland only had red and I want white if I get it one. I want to get airform case as well but this looks pretty good for just sticking it in your shorts pocket since it's not bulky.

[quote name='GT']Thanks OP, got the DSL and free Brain Age, even though I can't stand BB.

If you're in Massachusetts, stay away from the Watertown BB, it's the worst for games, never puts anything out on release date, usually a week later (games, not the DSL), always sold out of stuff or good stuff not in stock.

I'm only going to the Framingham one from now on if I have to go there.[/QUOTE]

Yes but the Watertown store doesn't update their prices often and occasionally restocks $1.99 games.

Got mine at Gamestop. Would have loved to get a free Brain Age since its a game I want to try. But tis all good since I already had 90 bucks of trade in credit on my lite.

Went to Radio Shack and bought one of those DS cases for 2.97. All together I spent less than 40 out of my pockets. Great day :)

Just beat the first level of Phoenix Wright, damn Harry Butz

Ok, went to EB and dumped my preorder with no hassle. I'm an intimidating fella so I guess the long-haried high school junior didn't feel like arguing. Wound up with a DSLite, Brain Age, and Big Brain Academy for 138.79 since I had a $20 BB gift card as well. Thanks for the heads-up OP, I was close to going to pick up my EB preorder before I saw this.

Just out of curiosity, what does the CC Mario bundle consist of?

[quote name='fwah23']Arghhhh.... just paid for DS lite and Brain Age at best buy before seeing this!! great.[/QUOTE]
I did the same thing....but I'm going to bring my receipt and coupon up there tomorrow to see if they will honor it. Worth a shot.

I picked up a DS Lite at CC. The clerks were having problems applying the Brain Age coupon with the Mario bundle. They ended up having to discount the DS and a manager had to override the transaction. For some reason they gave me a total of $38.99 off my purchase (not that I am complaining...).

I got:

DS Lite: $100.00 ($29.99 discount)
Mario Bundle: $0.99 ($9.00 discount)
Brain Age: $19.99

Total: $120.98 + $8.47 (tax) = $129.45.

Even after showing them the receipt posted earlier in the thread they still wouldn't honor the deal. Said that whoever was ringing them up with the sleeve and Brain Age was wrong. The manager looked pissy. Ah well.

bread's done
Back