Free Cigars <DEAD>

"My point is you'd be inhaling cow feces..." I think I'm actually gonna miss this after the next episode.

Funny you mention it, just got ep4 in the mailbox a few minutes ago. A "creamy finish", if you will. Link is in the OP.

The brand was revealed in the final...
Camacho, as was previously rumored

Can't wait to get my sample in the mail.

Nice ending.
I do have to hand it to them, they did a decent job with this viral marketing. It made me want to go out and try a Camacho, but I can wait until the sampler comes.
Why can't more companies be this way?
I want more free shit.

And now we play the waiting game...

At least by having the sent to my home address I can easily stand part of it; I won't be back from school until May 9th.

You need to watch all the episodes to get the cigar, I been deleting them but Im not sure if I can just click your links and watch them or if I have to use my link[special link code] but I'll just click your links and see what happens.

Comancho cigars are crazy.. at least the one I had from a sampler was. Took me about an hour to smoke it. It felt like I was drunk after words haha. Yay for free cigars!

Any update on how you're supposed to get them after the 4th episode?

I doubt we will ever get them. Did anyone even get an email saying that they were coming? I watched all the videos and nothing.

It said in the last episode that it would take a "few weeks" for them to arrive.
This upcoming Tuesday is the start of the third week since I've watched episode 4, so hopefully they'll arrive soon.

It's still early May. The way I see it, they can take the time they need to get me my free cigars... cause they're free.

[quote name='JUDOHAWK']Well it does say shipping early may. Id give it till mid may to receive them.[/quote]

I didn't see that, but that means 6-8 weeks after mid May, so we MIGHT get them before summer is over.

I already figured I'll never see them, so no harm done.

[quote name='killmak']This promotion conufses the hell out of me. How do they know the people they are shipping them to are over 18?[/quote]
They may not ship the actual cigars... maybe they'll just ship coupons for free ones. *shrugs*

[quote name='mguiddy']They may not ship the actual cigars... maybe they'll just ship coupons for free ones. *shrugs*[/QUOTE]

Possible, but unlikely.
They said they were sending out "unreleased" cigars, so it wouldn't be possible to retrieve the unreleased cigars with a coupon if no cigar shops have them.
I'm fine with them not coming for awhile, but I do wish they would tell us when we can start expecting them.

Well, it's past "early May", I haven't seen anything yet. Now that the word it out that they are Camacho's, they have to send them or take a pretty big hit. From now on Camacho will be known as the company who screwed everybody.

Techstar, don't jump to your guns just yet.
It's only been 3 weeks since May 1st, which was supposedly when they sent them out.
It usually takes 4-6 weeks for large companies to send out samplers and for them to arrive at your door.
Be patient, they'll come. It's from Camacho, it would be suicide if they didn't send anything out.

[quote name='bones56']I never got mine, so don't get your hopes up..[/QUOTE]
Neither has anyone else. You aren't anymore special than the rest of us. These don't just show up overnight.

Yeah, still waiting. Patiently though, I am in no hurry. I'm more intrigued than anything, and really there is no way to complain about something free... even if it ends up being nothing.

Just got this in my e-mail literally a minute ago:

Black Band Project Update

A special thanks to all that participated and helped make the Black Band Project a huge success. We apologize for any unforeseen delays in shipping of the Black Band Project cigars. The first round of shipments will begin leaving our warehouse next week and weekly from then on out. All qualified participants will receive their cigars in the next 21-30 days.

Beat me to it, too! Wow, I must have slow email, since I just got the message 5 min ago. 3-4 more weeks ain't too bad, glad they are keeping us updated at least!

[quote name='JUDOHAWK']Neither has anyone else. You aren't anymore special than the rest of us. These don't just show up overnight.[/QUOTE]

I don't know how you precieved my post as such, I never said i was special or better than anyone else!! :roll:

Hey man I was also just busting your chops. I should have a sig saying not to take my post seriously, I honestly didn't mean anything by what I said, it just came out. Sorry man.

Well since the time I been waiting, can you do the math. Really not paying attention to the time they "shipped" them out, and the last time I remember about this was yesterday, so I just wanted to check if anyone had gotten anything or close to getting the cigar =]

Hey can anyone recommend a decent Cigar that I can just go to a store and buy? My grandpa used to smoke cigars and pipes and while cigarettes always seemed gross to me I have wanted to give Cigars/Pipes a chance. I bet I just instantly start coughing and hate the experience, but still want to have it atleast once. So what do you guys recommend to a first time Cigar smoker?

[quote name='MSI Magus']Hey can anyone recommend a decent Cigar that I can just go to a store and buy? My grandpa used to smoke cigars and pipes and while cigarettes always seemed gross to me I have wanted to give Cigars/Pipes a chance. I bet I just instantly start coughing and hate the experience, but still want to have it atleast once. So what do you guys recommend to a first time Cigar smoker?[/QUOTE]

You could never go wrong with a COHIBA :D

[quote name='MSI Magus']Hey can anyone recommend a decent Cigar that I can just go to a store and buy? My grandpa used to smoke cigars and pipes and while cigarettes always seemed gross to me I have wanted to give Cigars/Pipes a chance. I bet I just instantly start coughing and hate the experience, but still want to have it atleast once. So what do you guys recommend to a first time Cigar smoker?[/QUOTE]

If you could go find an Acid Blondie do it! Some of the other Acid ciagrs are not bad, I'm not sure what they even make anymore. Just stay away from the Acid Dirty.

Also, as mentioned above, Cohiba is always a good choice.

[quote name='postaldude12']You could never go wrong with a COHIBA :D[/QUOTE]

Hehe well googling theme their cuban and illegal so how about something I can actually get my hands on!

Cohiba's aren't illegal, but what I would personally recommend is a Romeo Y Julieta. I personally never liked any of the Cohibas. Although the Romeo's and Cohibas are made by the same parent company, Romeo's overall are better in my opinion. Most of them are mild, so it won't be too strong for you, and it's a good cigar for the price. It was my first cigar, and even when I didn't know shit about them, it was still good and satisfying.

You could also do Acids, as the other poster suggested, but just remember those are flavored cigars.

Yeah, i would stay away from acids as they are flavored

i like Macanudo's, Portofino's are mild and kind of slim and might be good for a first smoke, comes in a white tube, i like those. i also like their Crystal Cafe's, more hearty but still on the mild side, comes in a clear glass tube.

keep in mind i'm no expert, just be sure to drop like 8-12 bucks on whatever you get.

bread's done
Back