Free Dagger for July - King of Swords

I just got this email from them after telling them I never got the actual dagger. I asked also why did everyone get the same dagger.

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica]"Everybody did not get the same dagger, the final batch to
ship did all receive Dragon Dagger as it was the only one
left available after filling previous requests.

Your new dagger will go out in todays USPS first class mail.

Scott
"One of The King's Men""[/FONT]

I got the Dragon dagger. I know it was a free promotion, so I imagine they didn't send out their highest quality products, but it seems kind of... Meh. I know these pieces of cutlery aren't exactly made by a master blacksmith who's family has done it for generations, but it kind of makes me not want to business with them if I were to ever want something in the future.

Did anybody get one of the other daggers? Maybe it's just this Dragon one that's underwhelming. I suppose that's what I get for going for the one that looked "cool", although it might not have mattered since it seems many people got a Dragon anyways because they ran out of the others.

Got mine today in the mail, and wow! It was a bit smaller than I anticipated but VERY dangerous. It was the Dragon one, and the front most tip was especially sharp. Thankfully the company included a nub.

All in all a great contest.

[quote name='kensterdotnet']They are probably just getting rid of the ones that don't look good to sell.[/quote]

Whatever their reason, it's a bad idea to send out sub-par products as a promotional tool. I'm not complaining about the dagger itself because it's not like I paid for it and it's still nice to have, but it just doesn't seem like good business sense to me.

[quote name='RAY16']I got the Dragon dagger. I know it was a free promotion, so I imagine they didn't send out their highest quality products, but it seems kind of... Meh. I know these pieces of cutlery aren't exactly made by a master blacksmith who's family has done it for generations, but it kind of makes me not want to business with them if I were to ever want something in the future..[/quote]

That's exactly what I said.

[quote name='trunks982']no dagger? someone probably stole it. mines was wrapped in brown paper bag.[/quote]

nope, it was tightly (I mean VERY tightly) wrapped in a brown paper bag with a lot of tape. It took me a while to just open it because of all the tape, oh well they are sending me another one anyways.

My friend got his today. The mail carrier hasn't yet been to my house, so I'm hoping mine shows up today too.

EDIT: Just got the dragon dagger, but that wasn't either of the choices I made...

Yea, I got the dragon and I chose I think 4 and 2... I wanted to avoid this one like the plague, it looked alright in pictures but I wanted a sheath, well A: Its TINY, really frickin tiny. B: It looks pretty blech in person. Ah well.

Yea my ups guy did drop my package off (it was under a chair on my porch) and it was in a box like Brians. I like it some what even though it wasnt either of my choices but it was free.

[quote name='shizomou']did you guys get email shipping confirmation? cuz i haven't heard anything back yet[/QUOTE]

Never heard back from them once, but I got my dagger today.

ya i just got the mail and it was in there...

I got the dragon one...
I didn't think it was gonna be this small...

Score another one for getting the Dragon Dagger. Not the best quality but I sure do appreciate getting something for nothing.

i got mine last saturday via usps, same packaging as nate's. Also I'm a little disapointed with the size but oh well

Just received mine USPS today. Got the dragon one. It's pretty slick looking if you have it resting on the stand. Odd thing is, I never received any emails from them regarding blog confirmation, or shipping details.

Just got mine today ^.^

Its kinda cool, has lots of stains on the blade. And the stand is this cheap plastic, like the ones the toys from McDonalds are made from. But its was free, so no worrys.

Yeah, got my dragon blade today too, even though it wasn't one of my two choices.

Maybe the majority of people picked this one and they decided to send just this one instead of trying to decide what each person wanted. Oh well, I'll use it to cut my dragon meat I guess.

While both this and the sword are cool for free, judging by the quality of both I certainly wouldn't be plunking down my money for anything from them at this time.

[quote name='decimalstinger']crap, didn't read about the whole "choose your first and second choice".
Hope it works.[/quote]

don't worry about choosing..like we all posted already, no matter what anyone chose, they're sending everyone the same dagger.

Yeah, I didn't request the dragon dagger but it is pretty nice. Like most of you guys, I didn't get any shipping confirmation either.

Still, it's a pretty darn nice-looking blade, and I'm glad to have it.

I got my dagger today from usps. Same as nates, also dirty and stained, but it was nothing a damp cloth couldnt clean. Pretty nice though for a free dagger.

YAY!!!! I got mine today through USPS. I got the dragon one even though I didn't choose it. I am almost wondering wether or not they ever intended to send the others and figured that individuals would just figue they ran out of the one they wanted.

Yeah, I also got the Dragon one on the 30th, even though I selected #5 and #2. Oh, well. It's really pretty goofy looking, if you ask me, but whatever. It's free, and it's fun to have on the shelf.

Problem is, the pegs on the plastic bit of the stand didn't line up with the holes in the base at all. Gonna have to widen one of the holes a bit to get it to sit in there.

bread's done
Back