Free Deck of Magic the Gathering

Got mine, White and Green. Who knows I might end up playing magic if I can find people who play it. I used to play the WoW TCG until my friends who played it left.

[quote name='DemonAlcohol']What set are the cards from?[/quote]

I don't know if it tells you anything, but there is a little spear looking thing in the lower left hand corner on the face of the card. I haven't taken mine out of the inner wrap to find out if there is anything else written anywhere.

edit: Okay, I found out the symbol mid right is what matters for edition...

One of the cards is from "Shadowmoor" and one is from Tenth Edition. Dunno what any of the ones on the inside are from.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='DrBrianFields']I don't know if it tells you anything, but there is a little spear looking thing in the lower left hand corner on the face of the card. I haven't taken mine out of the inner wrap to find out if there is anything else written anywhere.

edit: Okay, I found out the symbol mid right is what matters for edition...

One of the cards is from "Shadowmoor" and one is from Tenth Edition. Dunno what any of the ones on the inside are from.[/quote]

They're on tenth edition now? Geez.

I was playing back in fourth-fifth... I think I may have a deck or two from sixth. I really should get around to selling some of mine.

I am so pissed. I got my box of Cards but since I used a fake name but my real adress he thought it was a mistake and he sent them back in the mail. :bomb::bomb::bomb:

[quote name='packerfan10']I am so pissed. I got my box of Cards but since I used a fake name but my real adress he thought it was a mistake and he sent them back in the mail. :bomb::bomb::bomb:[/QUOTE]

Who?

Why even use a fake name? If they spam you, you'll still get the mail. Also, does your mailbox have your name on it, or at least your last name or something? Just wondering how the mailman knew your name

[quote name='packerfan10']I am so pissed. I got my box of Cards but since I used a fake name but my real adress he thought it was a mistake and he sent them back in the mail. :bomb::bomb::bomb:[/quote]

couldn't that be mail fraud?

or just plain stupidity?

why bother shipping to a fake name ?!?! what circumvention would be reason of this action?

dude that's why i always use a consistent fake name. Mr. The Wolfkin

I get so much mail to Mr. Wolfkin that I changed the little label on the inside of my mailbox to add Wolfkin. I use a fake name to separate spam from it's origin. I know if I get a random letter from whoever to The Wolfkin then it's leaked info from one of my freebie sites. If it's addressed to me directly it's more likely to be a relevant offer. Probably not but more likely. Plus if you move all that junk mail won't follow you.

Got mine, Black/Blue. Just no one to play anymore. Thats the reason I stopped playing back in the day. The smell and people that played it turned me off.

Blue and white for me. I would've loved red and white as those are decks I had from 10 years ago (and recently conquered two players with new type decks! go BOLT, INCINERATE, FURNACE OF RATH!) but two free semi-decks are cool.

[quote name='maaddmax']Got mine, Black/Blue. Just no one to play anymore. Thats the reason I stopped playing back in the day. The smell and people that played it turned me off.[/quote]

I'm sure they thought you smelled like roses, too.

I got mine (green/white). We ordered one for everyone in the house, 4 orders in total. 3 green, 2 white, black, red, blue. Now to start playing again. ^_^

Mine was Red/Black like I wanted each seems to have 2 Uncommons rest are common or Land. Neither deck is particularly good but if I get into the game again they will be a good basis to build off.

[quote name='Danimal']Still haven't gotten mine yet, either, Filler. Our mail already came today, too. :cry:[/quote]

Same here. I'm waiting on magic, a club.live shirt and the swedish fish shirt... although at this point, I doubt the latter is going to ever come.

haha these decks are boring to play against each other, and i'm pretty sure you can't/shouldn't/wouldn't build off of these decks

i guess i brought my hopes too high thinking we were going to get "theme" decks, rather than some solid color half decks

question is, it costs the same to produce these cards, wouldn't hurt to create a deck.

I got red/green. Might not be the best decks, but free is free. I also think I got a bum green. I had 13 Forest cards (of three types, 4, 4, 5), and I think it was a msitake voer a different card.

These aren't good decks by any definition, but I think you're overlooking their real potential. These are beginner decks, each displaying an archetype of deck to play. I only have the green/red decks, but green clearly goes for stompy and red has 20 points of damage in burn, not counting the new fireball.

Try to use these decks if you want to teach people how to play Magic.

Green and White. I don't know what I'm going to do with these but they brought back some memories. (Revised Edition, The Dark, etc.)

bread's done
Back