Free digital copy of Saints Row 2 for Saints Row 3 owners (PS3 only, exp Feb 13)

Wario64

CAGiversary!
Feedback
12 (100%)
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2011...saints-row-the-third-owners-on-playstation-3/

At long last, THQ and our friends at PlayStation are proud to unveil additional content for Saints Row: The Third owners on PS3. For all players that purchase Saints Row: The Third on PlayStation 3 and redeem their online pass codes within the next 90 days, they will receive a digital copy of Saints Row 2 (a $19.99 value)… absolutely free!

Go back to a simpler time, when the Saints were vying for control of Stilwater, before they were global icons, a household name, and a criminal empire. Before Professor Genki and the Syndicate, there were the Westside Rollers and the Brotherhood. Enjoy classic Saints Row activities like Septic Avenger, where you spray new homes with sewage in order to devalue property. And of course, enjoy a number of DLC packs brought to you by Volition’s favorite Saints Row 2 producer, Tera Patrick.

Saints Row 2 will be available for free starting early next week for all players who redeem their online pass in each new copy of Saints Row: The Third. The offer expires at midnight on February 13, 2012, so be sure to redeem your online pass before then. And for those of you who have already done so, keep an eye out early next week for the content. This offer applies to the United States, Canada, and Mexico only.

We hope you are as excited about this offer as we are!

[quote name='iggypop123']would it possible for me just to get the online pass and redeem it without having saints row 3? its 10 bucks, cheaper than the game they are giving away 20 bucks. i down own saints 3 so i wanted to make sure. shame it has no trophies.[/QUOTE]

I highly doubt it. Likely, anyone who has already redeemed the code will get a download link in their messages like the psn 5.99 credit or the sam & Max/ bttf games. If you redeem it after that all the codes will likely be tied to the online pass and then give you the download with it also. When i claimed the UC3 download code the 1 code gave me 2 different dlc perks and the online pass, all separate with the same code. So they can tie one code to multiple items.

[quote name='dmdragon']I highly doubt it. Likely, anyone who has already redeemed the code will get a download link in their messages like the psn 5.99 credit or the sam & Max/ bttf games. If you redeem it after that all the codes will likely be tied to the online pass and then give you the download with it also. When i claimed the UC3 download code the 1 code gave me 2 different dlc perks and the online pass, all separate with the same code. So they can tie one code to multiple items.[/QUOTE]

Uh...I think I know what you are trying to say...but you only really described the basic process of redeeming voucher codes that give multiple items. I don't really know how the 5.99 credit thing works into what you are saying, however.

But just to be clear, you're saying that you think the PSN purchasable Online-Pass probably WON'T have the added benefit of counting for the SR2 DL, right? That the voucher slips that came with the retail game will actually be different than the $10 Online pass.

Great deal. I didn't know about the exclusives and I just got the PS3 version because by collection was getting 360 heavy. I lucked out. Plus Cheapy D dlc is awesome. Great job THQ.

[quote name='anotherpoorgamer']^It would be epic if the Cheapy D dlc was free to CAGs or at least discounted for us.[/QUOTE]

Cheapy said his dlc would be free on all systems on the CAGcast, so your good. :)

Bump for great justice, as is custom on the intarweb. Has anyone started getting their vouchers yet? Retail purchases obviously check in, as well as anyone who tried out buying the online-pass from PSN.

[quote name='NuclearPorkchop']Bump for great justice, as is custom on the intarweb. Has anyone started getting their vouchers yet? Retail purchases obviously check in, as well as anyone who tried out buying the online-pass from PSN.[/QUOTE]

There are no vouchers, the download will show up as "free" for anyone that redeems the online pass. Don't know if it works if you buy the pass through PSN.

[quote name='NuclearPorkchop']Bump for great justice, as is custom on the intarweb. Has anyone started getting their vouchers yet? Retail purchases obviously check in, as well as anyone who tried out buying the online-pass from PSN.[/QUOTE]

Afaik, once you redeem the online code from the SR 3 retail copy, you can just go to the PS store, look for SR2, and download the game. It will be marked as free. My boyfriend did this on Tuesday when it went live.

[quote name='sunghost']There are no vouchers, the download will show up as "free" for anyone that redeems the online pass. Don't know if it works if you buy the pass through PSN.[/QUOTE]

I see, that clears that up. I had just assumed they would send it to the email associated with your PSN account / message a code for the PSN store.

Thanks for the info :D

bread's done
Back