(FREE) ECA Membership, Amazon Codes are down for time being

Status
Not open for further replies.

emeraldgsl

CAGiversary!
Feedback
12 (100%)
Mods' edit:
No begging for codes. Beggars will be permabanned on the spot.

[img-l=5198]6006[/img-l]Get 10% off all your Amazon gaming purchases for a year and receive other special benefits by joining the ECA, a non-profit advocacy organization which is dedicated to defending and advancing the interests of gamers. Codes aren't available at the moment, unknown ETA when/if they'll be back.

icon4.gif
Join the ECA $14.99 (college students & military), others $19.99

(Free memberships available, see below.)

Complete list of discounts/benfits [hiddenlist]
Discounted games sales/rental offerings from:

• Amazon.com - download a code from the Benefits section to use at Amazon.com towards 10% off your games purchases. If you buy three or more games a year, this benefit alone makes being a member worth it.
  • Direct2Drive.com - download your code from the ECA's exclusive member benefits section to use at Direct2Drive.com towards 10% off your game purchases.Direct2Drive's easy and secure system lets you download full pc games, arcade games, anime, game guides, and comics from home instead of dealing with waiting time and inventory stock-outs. Check out thier site for the best way to buy!
  • GameFly - is offering ECA members a 30-day free trial to their video game rental service.
  • Good Old Games - a leading destination for download-to-own DRM-free classic PC games, is offering members 20% off of new game purchases.
  • Newegg/Patriot Gaming - get $10 off when you buy select memory sticks.
Discounted admission/access offerings from:

• NYComiCon - is offering members a discount on the price of admission.
  • Penny Arcade Expo (PAX) - members receive 10% off the price of admission to the Penny Arcade Expo in Seattle, Washington for pre-registrants.
  • TooManyGames - get $1 off entry to gaming community events.
  • VGXPO - America's Video Game Expo is offering 10% discounted admission.
Discounted/Free Trial offerings from:

• GameJobs - ECA members receive free resume uploads at GameJobs.com, the leading job board and career site serving the games business.
  • Hyatt Hotels - members receive a 5-10% discount on room rates at Hyatt Hotels throughout the US and Canada.
  • Prima Publishing - get 10% off of over 500 hint book and strategy guides.
  • Warcry - ECA members are invited to take advantage of a 30-day free trial membership in the Warcry Network's "Choice" program.
[/hiddenlist]

[quote name='dallascowboys']If you use the code GIMAG on theeca.com (found in an article of the new Crackdown GI issue), you can receive a free, full 1 year membership (I think it's only for new accounts). You do need a credit card to sign up, but if you cancel before the 1 year is up, you won't be charged. This is a great deal for the free amazon discount. Be sure to use the coupon soon, because the article doesn't mention the expiration for the coupon.

Enjoy guys!
dallascowboys

P.S. Now all of CAG can have an ECA membership!

Also, after you enter your CC number and the coupon, the page after lets you check everything before you submit your order. That way you know that the coupon worked and you won't be charged.

-----------------------

LinkinPrime Edit:

Check your spam filters for the confirmation link, if you signed up for the newsletter you will get 2 emails, one for the newsletter and one for the membership. For some reason the newsletter one showed up in my inbox and the membership was in my junk mail folder, so keep an eye out.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='slickkill77']You weren't kidding. Ok I found this on page 28. All credit goes to jacknicklson for the original faq (1-6).

ECA/Amazon FAQ

1. I can't get into the member's area/can't find out where to pay. Help!

After the initial registration email, you should receive a second email linking you to a payment page. You can request that this email be resent if need be. Make sure to check your junk/spam folders as well.

2. Will this work on consoles?

No. Games and most accessories only. Physical point cards are also eligible, but not digital point codes.

3. Do these work on Quick Picks/Deals of the Day/Trade-in Coupons?

Yes, Yes, and Yes!

4. How do I get my Quick Picks to show games?

http://betterelevation.com/2009/02/1...old-box-trick/
This should be a basis to get it to work for whatever you are interested in. It is not a science though so be persistent.

5. Does this work on Pre-orders?

Yes, it does. The price will also automatically take off 10% of whatever the final selling point is due to the Pre-Price Guarantee that Amazon offers.

6. I have heard that these offers have expired/been removed, is this true?

There have been a few instances where codes expired or they ran out but The ECA and Amazon have usually rectified the situation within a week or so. Also, the Terms of Service state that any membership benefits can change or be canceled without any notice so keep that in mind when signing up.

7. Double and Triple stacking

This is no longer possible. Don't bother trying. Originally when the ECA would run out of codes and switch to a new batch members were able to stack codes. A glitch in Amazon's system would keep older codes in your account, and it was possible to add codes from the newer batches to obtain more than 10% off. Amazon found out about this, hence the reason the codes are currently down/ being worked on.

8. Begging/Asking for codes

This is not allowed. If you beg/ask for a code you will be permabanned. No questions asked.

9. Selling codes

Definitely a big no no. If you do this, you will get reported to the ECA and your account will be shut down.

10. If I make a pre-order with a code a cancel it, will the code still work?

Yes. Codes should remain in your account but again they will no longer stack. It is one code per game. Amazon and the ECA are working on codes tied into our accounts but this option is not yet available.

11. If I already have a pre-order made, can I add a 10% off code to it?

You can not add a anything to an order once it is made except a gift card. You can try emailing Amazon customer support and ask them to add it. Generally they have no issue doing this for you but it's a crap shoot.

12. What if I already have a pre-order with the old codes applied? Should I be worried?

We don't know definitively, but chances are good that Amazon will not touch the pre orders we have already made.[/QUOTE]

Last edited by a moderator:
No i haven't used any of the new/old codes when ordering the game. I emailed them after the codes came back up and asked to apply it.. don't know why they took off $10 instead of 10% but it show's up as 59.99 as they email said.

But I did use actually input a new code into an order and my second order wont take a code =/

1 per customer is horrible. After ordering the Special Edition of NBA 2K10, I tried to order Madden and it wouldn't let me use the coupon. WTF.

I doubt it'll be one per customer.. ECA said they have been talking with Amazon about multi-use codes, so definately aren't downgrading this benefit to 1 per customer. just a lame bug in the codes..

I'm having no luck with the codes... I keep getting the same message:

"There was a problem
* The promotional code you entered cannot be applied to your purchase."

And this was on trying to by a DS game. Has anyone had luck with the revised codes as of 07.10.09?

Thanks for the right-click "Open New Window" trick. Pre-ordered Persona PSP, Super Mario Galaxy 2, and New Super Mario Bros Wii in my Goldbox today with one code.

Didn't have to even use a new code, it still had the one I used earlier on June 29th for Muramasa.

Looks like Amazon borked the codes again. They don't appear to be one per day, or one per 24 hour period either. I successfully ordered something yesterday at 8:53am with a code. I tried using another code today at 9:08am with the same error that everyone else is getting. Time to make a post on theeca.com....

[quote name='ddeeaallzz']Agreed that I think the once per day thing was an assumption, or else it's every 24 hours. New day, and it won't let me use the codes anymore. Maybe there is a limit of 1 code per account now?[/QUOTE]
If it was the same code, it wouldn't be so bad, except that I have no idea what the code was that I used yesterday.

Oh... my... god... I have Golden Sun DS, Persona, Other M, and Scirbblenauts, all in my goldbox today.

This is turning out to be a fiasco. I was really excited to see this working again, especially since my Goldbox seems to have returned to normal, but now this happens?

:whistle2:x

Yeah, I just changed my mind to get Batman CE and code wont work, guess Amazon wants me to keep my regular order then, less money for them =\

My GB today:

Mario & Luigi Bowser's Inside Story $34.99 $32.29 (8% off)
Professor Layton and the Diabolical Box $29.99 $28.49 (5% off)
Super Mario Galaxy 2 $49.99 $47.49 (5% off)
Metroid Prime Trilogy Collectors Edition $49.99 $44.64 (11% off)

And of course the code isn't working! The % off isn't huge so it's not that big of a deal, but still...

I even saved my code from yesterday and it doesn't work either. I contacted Amazon.com support and they're trying to tell me that the ECA code and Goldbox are 2 promotions and can't be combined. Nice. Has anyone gotten a code to work today NOT with a Gold Box deal?

I honestly half-way expected this to turn out to be the case. This whole thing of constantly not getting it right by ECA/Amazon is getting ridiculous.

[quote name='tecwrtr']I even saved my code from yesterday and it doesn't work either. I contacted Amazon.com support and they're trying to tell me that the ECA code and Goldbox are 2 promotions and can't be combined. Nice. Has anyone gotten a code to work today NOT with a Gold Box deal?[/QUOTE]

That's not the case actually since I tried with a non gold box item yesterday and still did not get the discount. I ended up cancelling the preorder to get the discount on the non bold box item but now I'm regretting it because I did not know it was good for more than one item and found out about it too late as it entered the shipping process already.

[quote name='Fieri']That's not the case actually since I tried with a non gold box item yesterday and still did not get the discount. I ended up cancelling the preorder to get the discount on the non bold box item but now I'm regretting it because I did not know it was good for more than one item and found out about it too late as it entered the shipping process already.[/QUOTE]

So if I cancel the item I ordered with the discount, will the coupon reset and allow me to place a new order with the discount added? I preordered one game this morning, but I'd like to cancel it and re-order with multiple games in my goldbox. Does anyone know for sure if this works?

Ugh. I just signed up for this yesterday, and the first code works, now 2 games I want finally showed up in my gold box and the codes don't work at all. So far this was a waste of money.

I was able to use the ECA code for Wii Sports Resort with no problem. Game came to 46.99 prior to the code as well. After taxes, shipping, and the code, total came to $54.xx.

ok... I haven't tried these codes since they came back....

had games removed from my goldbox while they were down to avoid frustration but fixed it so I should have some in there today when mine update ~2pm est...

but just a suggestion that someone that already ordered a preorder with their new code could maybe test...

since the codes are working with everything in the order.. maybe preorder something several months out. use the code. then make a new order and combine them from your account page?

Your 10% code will 'reset' so that you can use it again if you cancel your order that you used it on in the first place. This will allow you to place a new order to include your new and previous order items and have the 10% code automatically apply to all of them. I just did this on a order I placed previously after I found some additional items I wanted. Worked like a charm for me.

Now, if we can find out how long it will really take for a new code to be used. I hate having to 'stack up' orders like this. Lucky for me, they were all pre-order items.

I went to the ECA site to sign up, I dont see where you pay for the membership. When I join, which I did, they did not ask me for payment, I can log on but cant get codes for discouts. Where is the link to become a full member, with paying for it and receiving the discounts ?

Just registered on the ECA forums to join in agreement with the thoughtful post someone from CAG already posted today. For whatever reason it's saying I don't have privileges to post! Oh well. Hopefully this gets resolved soon as the games I pre-ordered aren't going to be done shipping out until Xmas, so that's a long time to wait until I can use the code again. I already got my money's worth already so whatever I guess! Saved $30 on my last round of pre-orders...

Also, noticed in this post a lot of people's gold boxes were being pretty lame lately. Mine too! Finally started getting good stuff again and then this happens!

[quote name='Missingdata']Anyone able to get the code to work with Batman Arkham Asylum Collector's Edition ?[/QUOTE]

someone did two posts above you it seems.

The new codes worked fine for me. Just pre-ordered Persona for the PSP and the code was valid. When Scribblenauts arrives next time on my Gold Box selections, I'll preorder that as well.

[quote name='vivarey']Can anyone confirm the discount works on accessories like the TE stick, Rock Band drums, etc?[/QUOTE]

yeah it works
i used it combined with the 50% off coupon to get a TE for 60% off :)

The codes still aren't working for me, and I've tried 3 of them so far.

I got on the phone with Amazon's Customer Service and filed an issue, but the CSR said I wouldn't get a response for 24-48 hours... and Persona PSP is in my GB today.

I'll post if I get a response.

[quote name='eastx']Argh, no codes will work for me after the first code... Has anyone gotten 2 of the new codes to work?[/QUOTE]

Same problem here. Preordered Tatsunoko vs. Capcom and was gonna preorder Uncharted 2, but no go. Also tried other stuff and getting an error.

There's always something with these ECA codes it seems :cry:

You'd think it would be something simple enough to get right the first time. Guess not.

[quote name='Josef']There's always something with these ECA codes it seems :cry:

You'd think it would be something simple enough to get right the first time. Guess not.[/QUOTE]

Well I doubt it's ECA that's causing the problems, and I think it's much more likely that it's Amazon. If you think about it, 10% off is a great deal considering Amazon already discounts most games. Their margin must be miniscule when you factor in normal discount + gold box discount + 10% off ECA code. I never expected these 10% off codes at Amazon to last very long as a promotion.

Just signed up and my code worked on both items in my cart. Got Mirrors Edge and Xbox 360 Live 12 Month Messenger Gold Pack for $67.45 shipped.

Update: Tried to make another order and now the codes aren't working. Maybe you can only use one code per batch.

I thought that it might just be an issue with pre-order items, but that's not the case. I can't use the codes on either.

Could a mod or the original poster update the main post? The codes are certainly not working "perfectly".

Same here. First new code worked but second one refuses to work. I've even generated extra codes to try to resolve the issue but it's still a no go. Good to hear that it wasn't just me who was having a problem.

I just signed up for ECA today and used my first code on a large order. On my first order I saved 28.09 total(some games in my GBD saved me a little over 6 bucks) A big thanks to the member who showed how to get more then 1 GBD. I had New SMB Wii, Zelda Spirit Tracks and Scribblenauts in my GBD plus I preordered a few other games KOF, Professor Layton and Persona. I'm hoping Demon Souls and Muramasa show up in my GBD soon.

Has anyone been able to order Madden with the ECA codes? No matter how many codes I use it says:

"We're sorry, but the promotional code you entered cannot be applied to this purchase. Please refer to your promotional coupon for information about item or store restrictions."

[quote name='rust in peace']I just signed up for ECA today and used my first code on a large order. On my first order I saved 28.09 total(some games in my GBD saved me a little over 6 bucks) A big thanks to the member who showed how to get more then 1 GBD. I had New SMB Wii, Zelda Spirit Tracks and Scribblenauts in my GBD plus I preordered a few other games KOF, Professor Layton and Persona. I'm hoping Demon Souls and Muramasa show up in my GBD soon.[/QUOTE]

Np

I really figured everyone knew how to get multiple items from their quick picks.

[quote name='prateeko']Np

I really figured everyone knew how to get multiple items from their quick picks.[/QUOTE]

I'd be curious to hear about this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back