Free full 1 year eca membership no purchase needed!

Status
Not open for further replies.

dallascowboys

CAGiversary!
Feedback
20 (100%)
If you use the code GIMAG on theeca.com (found in an article of the new Crackdown GI issue), you can receive a free, full 1 year membership (I think it's only for new accounts). You do need a credit card to sign up, but if you cancel before the 1 year is up, you won't be charged. This is a great deal for the free amazon discount. Be sure to use the coupon soon, because the article doesn't mention the expiration for the coupon.

Enjoy guys!
dallascowboys

P.S. Now all of CAG can have an ECA membership!

Also, after you enter your CC number and the coupon, the page after lets you check everything before you submit your order. That way you know that the coupon worked and you won't be charged.

-----------------------

LinkinPrime Edit:

Check your spam filters for the confirmation link, if you signed up for the newsletter you will get 2 emails, one for the newsletter and one for the membership. For some reason the newsletter one showed up in my inbox and the membership was in my junk mail folder, so keep an eye out.

Last edited by a moderator:
This is an awesome deal but has anyone ever tried to cancel their membership?

I'm always skeptical of joining something that automatically renews your membership. I just want to make sure it's not like some of the gym memberships that are impossible to cancel.

All I can find out about cancelling is:
Right to Cancel; Refund of ECA Service Fee. Members have the right to terminate this Agreement and membership in the ECA Service at any time. A Member may cancel this Agreement and membership in the ECA Service by calling 1-203-761-6180. If a Member cancels before the end of a Membership Term for which Member has paid the Service Fee, the Member cannot receive a refund of such Service Fee, prorated for the remaining unused portion of the Membership Term. Due to the nature of the services provided by ECA (many of which are accessible immediately upon acceptance) it is understood that refunds cannot be issued. Member will remain liable for any other fees or charges to be paid pursuant to this Agreement or the ECA Service.

wonder why amazon doesn't just cut out the middle man and do their own video game discount membership, perhaps its coming at some point down the line. I'd imagine these codes will run out soon, so I went ahead and preordered a bunch of stuff I want down the line, they've run out a few times in the past and it takes them a while to get more.

Thanks OP!!!! And speaking of Amazon...I just picked up Ratchet and Clank Tools Greatest Hits for $26.49 minus the 10% off and free shipping. :)

This is a great promotion because more than likely people who would never have joined have now joined and will realize the savings over the next year. I myself will most likely stay and pay next year when it comes time to renew membership. I buy many video games each year and have ordered quite a few from Amazon.

[quote name='Nebenator']Ugh... I got it a week ago...[/QUOTE]

Same here....I debating for a long time, I finally pulled the trigger, and then BAM...Free. Sucks. I bet all the Amazon codes will dry up eventually.

Cool at least they say they'll send you email 30days before the auto renew? hope so..
so you have to get a new code before each purchase?

[quote name='Dogmeat26']hopefully amazon codes aren't limited even more now.[/QUOTE]

I would not worry too much about that.....if that happened who the hell would renew a membership if they are unable to use this on Amazon when they want to use it. If they did limit codes more and they were not available when I want to use them I would not renew my membership.

[quote name='bballsports']What have you guys been using your code on?

I'm thinking of using it on MW2 or a G25/G27 Wheel.[/QUOTE]
Use it on all three of them and on any other game you like.

[quote name='rodieremix']Has anyone else gotten the thing from Internet Explorer about the site having a mismatched security certificate (or something like that)? I clicked the link straight from the e-mail to http://theeca.com/user/validate/(bunchofnumbers) and that's what I got. Now I'm hesistant. Any thoughts?[/QUOTE]
first off, use a real, good web browser. IE isn't one.
secondly, if you have concerns, then don't do it. Do you really want to risk it just because some people, you don't know, on the internet say it's OK to do?

BTW: firefox gives the same warning. You can overwrite it if you know what you are doing.

[quote name='SimaYi']Damn, I wonder if this means codes are going to be running out even faster now.[/QUOTE]

Codes run out? I don't understand.

[quote name='trabbahabba']Codes run out? I don't understand.[/QUOTE]

They've yet to make a multiple use code, so they get batches of one time use codes and give them out. When all the codes are used up more codes get generated and sent out. You have to wait in between batches. I'm going to be using this service so little it probably won't matter to me.

[quote name='trabbahabba']Codes run out? I don't understand.[/QUOTE]

Yes they do/did. 2-3 times already if I'm not mistaken. Basically Amazon allocates a certain number of codes that the ECA can distribute to its members. Now that the members are unchecked... I can see tons of hoarding and less codes available to those who paid for their membership.

[quote name='2&2']I'm curious to hear a business explanation.[/QUOTE]

I would too. I also have a business degree so I'd love to hear what your take on it is.

There is no way amazon is making money on video games with this promo. None. However if the bean counters who track order size say people are adding addiional items then it might work out

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='pixi']How do I activate the gamefly free month? Will they charge my dad's credit card if I keep the game?[/QUOTE]

why the hell would they allow you to keep the game for free...

talk on other boards is amazon is done with ECA......

Even when i called up amazon about an order and they asked where the discount came from i said ECA and they acted like love it now cause it be gone soon

I'm hesitant to deal with this "untrusted connection"... in all of my internet browsing history, I've never seen this warning, and this deal seems too good to be true...

Does anybody have a good explanation for why you should trust it?
OR
Can anybody confirm that the same thing happened when they signed up for the ECA a while back before it was free?

[quote name='pixi']How do I activate the gamefly free month? Will they charge my dad's credit card if I keep the game?[/QUOTE]
Seriously?:whistle2:k
You must be either very naive or very dumb.

[quote name='Armor42']I'm hesitant to deal with this "untrusted connection"... in all of my internet browsing history, I've never seen this warning, and this deal seems too good to be true...

OR
Can anybody confirm that the same thing happened when they signed up for the ECA a while back before it was free?[/QUOTE]Are you questioning the validity of the ECA or of the coupon code?

The ECA is a trusted organization with ties to many gaming sources. And what's not to trust about the coupon code? It's worked for everybody that's tried using it. I think you're being paranoid.

[quote name='Armor42']I'm hesitant to deal with this "untrusted connection"... in all of my internet browsing history, I've never seen this warning, and this deal seems too good to be true...

OR
Can anybody confirm that the same thing happened when they signed up for the ECA a while back before it was free?[/QUOTE]
That warning sometimes comes up when the security thing is registered for like www.theeca.com but you get linked to just theeca.com. I think that's what the issue is in this case.

[quote name='ivanctorres']I was able to have it retroactively applied to my existing Halo ODST and Modern Warfare 2 orders.[/QUOTE]

how did you do that? I would like to have the 10% off my CoD:MW2 order that i did about 2 months ago...

[quote name='newlu']Seriously?:whistle2:k
You must be either very naive or very dumb.[/QUOTE]
Next thing you know, he'll be hiring hookers to play Halo with. Oh wait. . .

i already pre-ordered nba 2k10 and uncharted 2. i think i'll pre-order NSMB Wii and maybe a couple of other games if they show up in my gold box just to be on the safe side.

[quote name='Jesus_S_Preston']Is there any way to make sure the coupon worked before putting in my CC number? I feel more comfortable that way...[/QUOTE]

Well, with 27 pages full of people saying it worked for them, chances are it will.

Yep, easy as it gets.I have a few questions I hope someone can answer,1. Does the discount work on books or only video games? I have some school books I need to buy.2. I registered the account to an e-mail that is different than my amazon.com e-mail. Will that be a problem? Where will I get my codes to enter in? The reason I used a different email is because they said my amazon.com email was already registered with them, but I never really registered just validated e-mail. Damn I probably could've used it anyway. Help?Thanks very much

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back