Free full 1 year eca membership no purchase needed!

Status
Not open for further replies.

dallascowboys

CAGiversary!
Feedback
20 (100%)
If you use the code GIMAG on theeca.com (found in an article of the new Crackdown GI issue), you can receive a free, full 1 year membership (I think it's only for new accounts). You do need a credit card to sign up, but if you cancel before the 1 year is up, you won't be charged. This is a great deal for the free amazon discount. Be sure to use the coupon soon, because the article doesn't mention the expiration for the coupon.

Enjoy guys!
dallascowboys

P.S. Now all of CAG can have an ECA membership!

Also, after you enter your CC number and the coupon, the page after lets you check everything before you submit your order. That way you know that the coupon worked and you won't be charged.

-----------------------

LinkinPrime Edit:

Check your spam filters for the confirmation link, if you signed up for the newsletter you will get 2 emails, one for the newsletter and one for the membership. For some reason the newsletter one showed up in my inbox and the membership was in my junk mail folder, so keep an eye out.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='iRent']ECA has been up for a while now...I don't think it's illegitimate at this point.[/QUOTE]

I know, but why would a security prompt show up?

[quote name='Casteor']I know, but why would a security prompt show up?[/QUOTE]
Laziness on the part of the website maintainers, someone probably just didn't realize they have to renew the security thing.

their SSL certificate has either expired or not valid hence you see the not recommended stuff right before you are on the page where you put in credit card info and other stuff.

I ran some proprietary security checks and i can tell you that the site is clean and does not looks like it is infected by any kind of Trojan/Worm/Virus...

[quote name='mrman1980']I ran some proprietary security checks and i can tell you that the site is clean and does not looks like it is infected by any kind of Trojan/Worm/Virus...[/QUOTE]

that sounds good.

Also problematic, I can't get another code but never placed an order with the original code, which Amazon is telling me has been used.

[quote name='lanleague']Also problematic, I can't get another code but never placed an order with the original code, which Amazon is telling me has been used.[/QUOTE]

Hah, I just tried to get a new code and the same one keeps showing up. They ran out of codes again, can't say I'm surprised. Somebody better go and post this in their amazon topic. :lol:

Glad I was able to get my order in for Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story before they ran out of codes. The game was already a dollar cheaper than msrp and I was able to get $3.40 shaved off of the price with the code plus no tax and free shipping so I saved about $7 all together. Thanks OP!

Well, no surprise here. I was actually more surprised there were still some left when I got home from work a few hours ago.

[quote name='Warpath01']what is the amazon $30 off code? how do u get it?[/QUOTE]

It's an old amazon trade-in promotion, you can't anymore.

Got the initial email on Friday, but never a follow up to sign up...actually tried it with 2 different e-mail addresses and got the same thing.

Signed up, thanks OP. Hopefully by some miracle the Amazon codes will reappear, but if not, at least I signed up for free.

Well at least they are supposed to get multi-use codes soon. These individual use codes aren't going to work very well with all these new members.

So am I to understand that there are only a finite number of these amazon codes? Is that why when it says "click the link below" its blank? Pretty horrible, but I guess I cant complain since It didnt cost me anything. Although its not a good way to get repeat customers when renewal comes around next year

What is the point of making membership free, anyway? This is a lobby group and they're supposed to be raising money through membership fees.

[quote name='lee7sauce']I knew the codes wouldn't last a day. At least eBay took down most of the auctions on this thing, makes me sick.[/QUOTE]

I find it sad that people take advantage of this like this. Do people have no morals anymore?

Well I'm glad I got a working code in the nick of time. Knew this should have been limited to a certain number of people.

Wait what? The codes are used up? I generated one just now to pick up The Last Guardian which showed up in my Gold Box picks tonight.

Seems like its all used up.. The same code keeps coming out when I try to generate one. I ordered most of my things yesterday so sall good I guess. Haha funny how it's already out.

[quote name='Crazyglitcher']Interesting. It says that the security certificate belongs to a different site instead of being outdated...anyone else get this?[/QUOTE]

I get this same problem so I haven't completed my free membership. I asked but no one seems to answer about it.

[quote name='Feeding the Abscess']Game Informer has a circulation of about three million, doesn't it? Not that I want Amazon to crash the ECA discount, but I would have to imagine that they were expecting at least several hundred thousand people to sign up for this because of the Game Informer issue. So if another two or three thousand signed up because of a leak on the internet on top of the expected several hundred thousand, I don't think the codes would be pulled because of a spike in new memberships. If anything, Game Informer may get even better deals in the future, as this would be viewed as a resounding success.[/QUOTE]

I don't know the circulation numbers but this post makes a lot of sense. The codes might be down temporarily because they got hit earlier than expected but I would bet they will be back up within a few days.

[quote name='Killbomb']I don't know the circulation numbers but this post makes a lot of sense. The codes might be down temporarily because they got hit earlier than expected but I would bet they will be back up within a few days.[/QUOTE]

I'm pretty sure that's the case as well.

I don't have anything to order at the moment, but joined in anyway. This will definitely come in handy in the future. Mad props OP.

To cancel before a year though, do you have to call or can you cancel online?

[quote name='Vegan']What is the point of making membership free, anyway? This is a lobby group and they're supposed to be raising money through membership fees.[/QUOTE]

very simple why they did this... number of hits to the site...

members hits to the site say 10,000.... Not that impressive to people who want to make deals with them....

toss up a free code and get 500,000 people to join your site...

go out to advertisers and go

we have 500,000 people a day hit our site... they can charge more cash to put promos up... simple as that.

screw over the people who gave them the money so they can just go out and get bigger ad spots

o and i love the people going

Im going to cancel when my year is up even if they save money... If you save 50 to 60 bucks WHY THE HELL DONT YOU STAY FOR ANOTHER YEAR AND GIVE THEM 20 of the 60 you saved..

This is what is wrong with america.. everyone thinks they are owed free stuff

What the code should of been was... Join today and if you dont save at least 20 bucks in the first year we will give your 20 back.. Im sick and tired of reading

O im going to save XXXXX money and then Leave this site before my free year is up.....

Funny thing is they said they were going to work on personal codes... It be funny as hell to seem them come out with personal 10% amazon codes for just the PEOPLE WHO PAID and nothing for the people who have a free membership... people will bitch about its not FAIR they dont get a 10% discount even thought they never paid a penny for it..

Can someone post the FAQ again on how to get good stuff in the Gold Box? I bought a bunch of books in school 5 years ago, so all it ever gives me is fucking books. I don't want books, I want games!

[quote name='NovaKane']I don't have anything to order at the moment, but joined in anyway. This will definitely come in handy in the future. Mad props OP.

To cancel before a year though, do you have to call or can you cancel online?[/QUOTE]
There should be an option under your account to cancel recurring fees. I cannot remember where I found it but you can cancel online.

[quote name='Feeding the Abscess']Game Informer has a circulation of about three million, doesn't it? Not that I want Amazon to crash the ECA discount, but I would have to imagine that they were expecting at least several hundred thousand people to sign up for this because of the Game Informer issue. So if another two or three thousand signed up because of a leak on the internet on top of the expected several hundred thousand, I don't think the codes would be pulled because of a spike in new memberships. If anything, Game Informer may get even better deals in the future, as this would be viewed as a resounding success.[/QUOTE]

A 10% take rate on a promo is pretty high.

Plus, half the people subscribed to Game Informer barely look at it. They get it for the 10% discount at GS.

[quote name='confoosious']A 10% take rate on a promo is pretty high.

Plus, half the people subscribed to Game Informer barely look at it. They get it for the 10% discount at GS.[/QUOTE]

I know I read the whole thing. Gotta do something on the bowl.

[quote name='Ionotropic']Can someone post the FAQ again on how to get good stuff in the Gold Box? I bought a bunch of books in school 5 years ago, so all it ever gives me is fucking books. I don't want books, I want games![/QUOTE]
My sig, friend. ;)

I have a question on this:

Back in July, I did the Amazon trade in promotion for a 50% off coupon for a brand new game. I used this coupon to preorder MW2 Prestige edition. If I cancel the order and rebook it WITH this coupon, will I get the 50% off promo still? Has anyone tried this?

I might not do it anyway considering I preordered it when they were offering a $10 gc back, and I paid for it all with GC anyway :whistle2:s

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back