Free full 1 year eca membership no purchase needed!

Status
Not open for further replies.

dallascowboys

CAGiversary!
Feedback
20 (100%)
If you use the code GIMAG on theeca.com (found in an article of the new Crackdown GI issue), you can receive a free, full 1 year membership (I think it's only for new accounts). You do need a credit card to sign up, but if you cancel before the 1 year is up, you won't be charged. This is a great deal for the free amazon discount. Be sure to use the coupon soon, because the article doesn't mention the expiration for the coupon.

Enjoy guys!
dallascowboys

P.S. Now all of CAG can have an ECA membership!

Also, after you enter your CC number and the coupon, the page after lets you check everything before you submit your order. That way you know that the coupon worked and you won't be charged.

-----------------------

LinkinPrime Edit:

Check your spam filters for the confirmation link, if you signed up for the newsletter you will get 2 emails, one for the newsletter and one for the membership. For some reason the newsletter one showed up in my inbox and the membership was in my junk mail folder, so keep an eye out.

Last edited by a moderator:
:O Thanks, Zekolot! You're right- I was using a frontiernet e-mail, and once I changed it to my old yahoo e-mail, it sent the e-mail right away. O_O Thanks for the help! :D

Same thing happend to me. and the amazon code is back. and it says there working on it so its not just a one time use code. yay!

[quote name='3rdbass']This thread is huge so sorry if this has been answered. But if I already have games in my pre-order that I used the gold box discount on Amazon can I apply thes one time ECA 10% off codes or do I have to get the game back in my gold box to apply them? Thus order the game again after getting it in my gold box quick picks and cancel the old orders that had the gold box discount. It would suck if I had to get them back as then I would have to set up another Amazon account. That would be like my fifth. LOL.[/QUOTE]
I tried to apply a code today to an existing pre-order (discounted via Gold Box)
it would not take
and the CSR I called was of no help in manually getting it to apply

[quote name='musick']I tried to apply a code today to an existing pre-order (discounted via Gold Box)
it would not take
and the CSR I called was of no help in manually getting it to apply[/QUOTE]

Yeah, it says actually on the bottom of my order Note: Promotional certificates and gift cards may be redeemed only when the order is originally placed. Also, you can apply gift card balances only to items listed as "not yet shipped."

I created a new account and did the gold box trick but I guess I should have just left the ones I wanted only and not said I owned other games since they didn't show up in my goldbox. Well hopefully they will be in there tomorrow. Otherwise 6th Amazon account here I come. LOL. The life of a cheapassgamer.

Anyone finding the codes do not work on certain games? I get the following message when trying to order Bioshock 2 and COD:MW2:

We're sorry, but the promotional code you entered cannot be applied to this purchase. Please refer to your promotional coupon for information about item or store restrictions.

old codes and the new codes stack.. even the $30 promo will got with this combo.

I bought a 4000 point card
-5 (10% old Eca)
-5 (10% new Eca)
-30 promo

Had an old code in my cart and it also stacked with a new one. I was able to preorder Borderlands for $43.19.

well this new development, i just ordered assassin's creed 2. used an old code + new one, and a $30 code i had and the total is $15.59, plus $10 in credit after the game ships. very nice.

It's because the new codes are from a "backup" allocation with different requirements from the ones ECA usually gets. I was worried about it at first since they are prone to abuse, but apparently there's only a very limited number of these available and when the new batch comes in, it'll be back to whatever it was before.

Redid all of my pre-orders in one large one and was able to get the 10% code to stack twice on the whole order. Now we just need a good trade-in promo.

whoa whoa whoa.....the codes are stacking?!

i only have two "old" codes left (i only took 3) and i already pre-ordered uncharted 2 and nba 2k10. i wonder if i should re-do those orders, or hope for batman: aa and nsmb wii show up in my gold box soon.....decisions, decisions.

[quote name='maximumzero']I'm just hoping I don't miss the "Do you want to auto-renew?" e-mail in a year's time.

Don't want to pay the $20 next time around.[/QUOTE]

they will send it with a different email address, so it could end up in your junk folder...you have been warned.

[quote name='Moravagine']Redid all of my pre-orders in one large one and was able to get the 10% code to stack twice on the whole order. Now we just need a good trade-in promo.[/QUOTE]
Oh that's devious. . .I'm contemplating it lol.

[quote name='Jodou']Oh that's devious. . .I'm contemplating it lol.[/QUOTE]

LoL... I thought about and did it!!! Only one that sucks is Mario and Luigi: Bowser Story wont arrive till the 21st and my initial pre-order didn't ship. Here's my rally. 23 games

Items: $992.76 Shipping & Handling: $0.00
Pre-order Guarantee: -$0.00
Promotion Applied: -$99.28
pixel-grey._V47081715_.gif

Total Before Tax: $794.20
Estimated Tax: $0.00
transparent-pixel._V42752373_.gif

Order Total: $794.20

[quote name='skiizim']LoL... I thought about and did it!!! Only one that sucks is Mario and Luigi: Bowser Story wont arrive till the 21st and my initial pre-order didn't ship. Here's my rally. 23 games

Items: $992.76 Shipping & Handling: $0.00
Pre-order Guarantee: -$0.00
pixel-grey._V47081715_.gif

Total Before Tax: $794.20
Estimated Tax: $0.00
transparent-pixel._V42752373_.gif

Order Total: $794.20 [/QUOTE]
I'd only be saving $18.20 by canceling all my gold box orders and adding a few games that won't show up, so are they pretty quick about splitting orders to ship as they become available? The one time they did this for me it was a matter of two days between shipments, so I'm not sure what it's like for pre-orders spread over six months or better.

[quote name='Chixdiggit']Anyone finding the codes do not work on certain games? I get the following message when trying to order Bioshock 2 and COD:MW2:

We're sorry, but the promotional code you entered cannot be applied to this purchase. Please refer to your promotional coupon for information about item or store restrictions.[/QUOTE]

I'm getting that on EVERYTHING.

[quote name='maximumzero']I'm just hoping I don't miss the "Do you want to auto-renew?" e-mail in a year's time.

Don't want to pay the $20 next time around.[/QUOTE]

I set a reminder in Google Calendar to email me when it's approaching, because I sure as hell won't remember.

I assume they fixed the stacking. I tried to re-do my entire list of orders (totaling around $900), but only got one discount. Then again, I just ordered KH right before doing such, and that one got the double discount and the $5 off coupon (making it $22; and it comes with $10 credit).

I'd cancel that and try it again, but afraid it won't work again if I do in-fact cancel it and try it.

Just got Uncharted 2 for $35 ($10 GC from Batman Promo and two 10% coupons stacked) and Borderlands for $43 (with two 10% coupons stacked.

This fucking awesome.

[quote name='Gorge']Just got Uncharted 2 for $35 ($10 GC from Batman Promo and two 10% coupons stacked) and Borderlands for $43 (with two 10% coupons stacked.

This fucking awesome.[/QUOTE]

Just right now? If so, I'll feel safer canceling my KH pre-order and giving this a second shot.

No don't. I did it like 30-40 mins ago. When I tried to do more orders a couple of minutes ago my old codes wouldn't stack.

You won't get the double discount on more than one order. You could have multiple codes saved up from before, but you can only use ONE of the new codes before they stop working, so cancel KH and add everything together is going to be your only bet I think.

[quote name='Vortextk']You won't get the double discount on more than one order. You could have multiple codes saved up from before, but you can only use ONE of the new codes before they stop working, so cancel KH and add everything together is going to be your only bet I think.[/QUOTE]

Alright, I'll give it a shot. It's only $5 difference anyway, if it doesn't work; and if it does, it's probably going to be a $100 or $200 difference.

Edit: Worked! I get the double discount showing up, time to re-order everything and see if it works like that now.

wait...its only on one order?

i guess i'll have to re-do my orders....again.

update: i just ordered nsmb wii, uncharted 2, and nba 2k10 and i got the 20% off just fine. i wanted to wait til tomorrow to see if these 3 games would be in my gold box, but decided to put in a order just in case this....uhh...glitch (?) got fixed.

I know this is a long shot but does anyone have an old code they would be willing to PM me? I only generated 2 when they were around and used them both.

[quote name='blackwaltz34']wait...its only on one order?

i guess i'll have to re-do my orders....again.

update: i just ordered nsmb wii, uncharted 2, and nba 2k10 and i got the 20% off just fine. i wanted to wait til tomorrow to see if these 3 games would be in my gold box, but decided to put in a order just in case this....uhh...glitch (?) got fixed.[/QUOTE]

can you explain how to get the 20 % off i ordered fifa 10 with the old code but i can not use the new one on the same order

[quote name='Manoleke']can you explain how to get the 20 % off i ordered fifa 10 with the old code but i can not use the new one on the same order[/QUOTE]

when i went through checkout, there was already the 10% discount coupon applied at the select payment method page. then, i added another eca code (one from the new batch) and it worked.

i thought i would have to put an old and new eca code in, but i didnt have to. i just put one.

sorry, if this doesnt really help.

So I'd get 20% off of the original price? NHL 10 is 56.99, so 20% of that is about 11.25, will 11.25 come off the total?

[quote name='Vegan']I guess cheaters prosper, after all.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I got it to work but I don't feel right doing this so I'm not gonna place the order. Something about this stinks.

I can do without the extra 10% off I guess... although that's $20 on the X41s...

oh well, I dont want to get in trouble with amazon anyway.

Yea, you know I'm thinking they might start suspending amazon accounts if you keep abusing the stacks. It's funny that first people are complaining of hoarding codes and now everyone is just using 2x as many codes for orders as well. HAHAHA

I doubt anybody's getting suspended but if you want these codes to be around for black friday, flagrant abuse of the codes probably is a bad idea.

[quote name='confoosious']Yeah, I got it to work but I don't feel right doing this so I'm not gonna place the order. Something about this stinks.

I can do without the extra 10% off I guess... although that's $20 on the X41s...

oh well, I dont want to get in trouble with amazon anyway.[/QUOTE]

There's nothing anyone should get in trouble for over this. What is wrong about it that anyone here did? We placed an order with ECA codes that we paid for? How wrong it is. I will admit, the codes are supposed to be for 10% off, but Amazon made a new system for their codes, so the old ones still react differently then the new ones, and count as separate codes. I am failing to see the problem here.

If we are supposed to be faulted for their mistake (if it even is a mistake; since if they were smart enough, they would have disabled all older codes from working, and replaced them all with the new system); then I don't know what to say.

[quote name='JohnDoeHoe']Hey Legend Killer are you going to Hell in a Cell at Newark Arena?? I am... OCT. 4 WOOO!!![/QUOTE]

Yeah, I actually just ordered tickets today. I was going to order them during the pre-sale, but no one could give me a straight answer or not if they wanted to go, and finally did now. Right when all the tickets sold-out, so I just bought some cheap ones off of Stubhub. I would have liked to get floor seating, but due to other people, I'll have to settle for upper-upper level seating.

I need to disassociate with these people; yet one of them is my brother, so that one is not do-able.

I'm going to be on the look-out for better seats though (at a reasonable price, not anything super-expensive); so if I do end up finding better ones, I could always just sell these crappy ones on eBay and buy the good ones. So, win-lose or win-win. Either way, long story short, yes, I'll be attending, haha.

Also, for these orders, did anyone else notice that if you have Prime, you don't get release date delivery? That's a bit upsetting, but due to the savings, I guess I could let getting a game two days later slide, as much as it will pain me to have to wait two extra days to play Uncharted or ACII.

Yea, I actually just bought my tickets less than a week ago from a guy on craigslist located in CT. He seemed legit so I paid him through paypal and got lower level seats for a pretty good price, section 9 for $115. He's already gave me the copy of the tickets in the e-mail and the tickets will be here tomorrow. I already know he's legit since he's showed me so much proof and has been in steady contact with me. I don't know maybe you could find something good on there. Although, there's a lot of scam ads up there, so you need to find one that seems good.

[quote name='WilliamG']I have Prime and release day delivery no issue with Uncharted 2 etc.[/QUOTE]

When you order multiple items at once, it only gives the option for two-day shipping (for free). I know Amazon auto-updates eligible orders for release-date delivery, so I hope they do that. If not, I can settle for not getting Uncharted 2 for a few days.

[quote name='JohnDoeHoe']Yea, I actually just bought my tickets less than a week ago from a guy on craigslist located in CT. He seemed legit so I paid him through paypal and got lower level seats for a pretty good price, section 9 for $115. He's already gave me the copy of the tickets in the e-mail and the tickets will be here tomorrow. I already know he's legit since he's showed me so much proof and has been in steady contact with me. I don't know maybe you could find something good on there. Although, there's a lot of scam ads up there, so you need to find one that seems good.[/QUOTE]

I've actually never gotten anything off Craigslist before, so now probably isn't a great time to start, haha. I guess checking couldn't hurt though. Right now, my seats are at the very bottom of Section 214; which is sadly at the very top. I actually saw seats in section 130 (middle / lower section) on Stubhub for $69.00 each; they had 3, and were perfect seats. I sent it to my friend and asked what he thought, and went off to work. He texted me later, and he thought they looked great. I get home from work a few hours later, and magically... 1 of the 3 tickets sold. I need 3 tickets, so that officially made them 100% useless. That's when I decided to just go with the cheap seats; section 214, $34.99 each. That's near normal pricing, so I figured why not? If I can find better seats, great... if not, at least I'll be going. I had crappy seats like this for SummerSlam 07 as well; except the difference was I paid $75 for that crappy seat, and this time I'm only paying $34.99, haha.

Codes aren't working at all for me. Got Scribblenauts in my gold box, but since I already ordered Muramasa I guess I'll pass on it.

So let me get this straight.. the new codes stack with the last batch of codes? And these new codes aren't one time use codes? So that means I could order multiple times and the code will still be there? I'm sorry I'm hellla blown right now and can't think :D

You are correct except for the part about the one-time use. The new ones ARE one time use in that you can't even use another 10% code afterwards (unless you have an old one), so you can only do one order where they stack.

The one-time use thing is moot, anyway, since they don't generate more codes right now. So they are one-time use, AND they are out of them again ;). Which sucks because as a test I applied an old/new code on my wife's account just to see what would happen (it worked). Then I went to do it on mine and I couldn't generate a new code :bomb:. So I have the old ones but no new one to use there (and that's where all my credit is). Dammit, don't know what I was thinking. Still, though, since I used $30 trade-in codes on most of my preorders (on top of gold box discount) there isn't much I would have redone anyway. Primarily I was going to redo Demon's Souls because that's the only one I could never get in my gold box quick picks anyway. So the second code results in another $6.70 savings. That would make up not quite half of the $15 ECA membership I paid for ;). I may still order it on my wife's account though (I already cancelled it on mine) but don't have the credit there to do much else.

[quote name='LegendK7ll3r']When you order multiple items at once, it only gives the option for two-day shipping (for free). I know Amazon auto-updates eligible orders for release-date delivery, so I hope they do that. If not, I can settle for not getting Uncharted 2 for a few days.[/QUOTE]

The way around that is to order the games that are release date delivery to an address OTHER than your home address, so they appear as a different part of the order before you click submit. You can then change the delivery date for those games to release date delivery before you submit the order. I did this today with my large order of games (Forza 3 and Uncharted 2 included). Those two games are on schedule for release date delivery, despite being part of a large game order.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back