FREE GAME: PGR2, Links, Top Spin w/purchase of XBox Live.

jeffreyjrose

CAGiversary!
Feedback
12 (100%)
Hey guys, I got this in an email today from Microsoft. It states that all you have to do is register for 12 months of Live, fill out a form, and then they send you the free game of your choice. My only problem is that the link in the email won't work.
If anyone else received this email, and the link worked...please post it. If I can get it to work later, I will post it.

sounds like a scam

you know, just a new variation of "we have a problem with your account info, please send it to us".

any details?

No, it was sent from [email protected]. It also has all the official disclaimer info at the bottom of the email that every email has that I get from Microsoft. It's connected to my account on xbox.com and it is DEFINITELY legit. I just need to get the link to work. Oh, and it is only good for seven days... perfect for ending right about when E3 starts... "Official announcement, we just registered 100,000 new Live subscribers in the past seven days..." LOL.

I got an email last night...it's legit. I was going to post it, but didn't...

buy 12mo subscripton...verify it...get one of the 3 titles free.

I want to take advantage of this too... i'm almost posotive it is an official email from microsoft... although, it says that I need to "cilck the link you recieved in your email" ... which I did.

I don't know why it's not working.

[quote name='mcwilliams132']I got an email last night...it's legit. I was going to post it, but didn't...

buy 12mo subscripton...verify it...get one of the 3 titles free.[/quote]

WOW, i hope somebody finds this link for us :D

I might if they give me all 3 games... not just 1 :)

Actually, Top Spin is great until you get on live and get slaughtered :D

So nobody else has info on this? I wonder if it would work with one of the free 12 month cards that came in Pandora Tomorrow. I have a card I've been holding on to until later this year, but I'd be willing to activate it now if I could get a free game out of the deal too :D

I'd also like to know if this if for new subscribers only and what not. I would love to add another 12 months to my account just to get PGR2 for free.

Uhmm.. every microsoft email is sent from @microsoft.com not @email.microsoft.com... I really smell a rat here. Not to mention the non-working link.

"email.microsoft.com" is a Microsoft website:
About Email.Microsoft.com

Email.Microsoft.com is a Microsoft-owned domain that is used to deliver marketing e-mail by Digital Impact, a Microsoft vendor.

If you prefer not to receive future promotional e-mails of this type, please click here to unsubscribe. We will promptly update your contact preferences; however, please be aware that it may take up to eight weeks before you no longer receive promotional communications from Microsoft because of previously-executed campaigns. You may also forward the e-mail you received to [email protected] or draft an e-mail to [email protected] with your e-mail address and a description of the list from which you would like to be removed.

Microsoft is committed to sending you only the e-mail that you want to receive. If you have questions about your privacy, send us a message or write a letter to:

Microsoft.com Privacy
Microsoft Corporation
One Microsoft Way
Redmond, Washington 98052

[quote name='paean']I might if they give me all 3 games... not just 1 :)

Actually, Top Spin is great until you get on live and get slaughtered :D[/quote]

Yeah the slaughter-ing kinda killed my self-esteem :oops:

I got this email also and it looks legit. Maybe the link will work tommorow since it says: "Purchase your 12-month Xbox Live Starter kit or 12-month subscription card between 5/8/2004-5/15/2004". 5/8 as in the promotion starts tommorow or in about 40 minutes here.

[quote name='Togepy']I got this email also and it looks legit. Maybe the link will work tommorow since it says: "Purchase your 12-month Xbox Live Starter kit or 12-month subscription card between 5/8/2004-5/15/2004". 5/8 as in the promotion starts tommorow or in about 40 minutes here.[/quote]

Well, I suppose that we shall try it then and solve this finally!!!

Nevermind, I got the e-mail. I signed up a few hours ago, and I already got the e-mail. This is sweet, I am going to get Top Spin. It is an awesome game.

so how about posting the link. I'm signing up for Xbox live next week and would like to know more about this. I'm signed up at xbox.com but haven't recieved that email yet.

edit: i guess it only works when its from your own email account. I can fwd it to someone to check out though.

I filled it out but I only have the 2-month trial right now. Maybe I'll still get Top Spin, even though it does have your email address on the link.

Here's the body of the message; it appears to be good for only new subscripts for 7 days...:

----------------

Wake up! You've only got seven days to choose your free game!

GET YOUR FREE GAME!
http://email.microsoft.com/m/[email protected]

Ready?
The only thing you're missing is the Xbox Live(TM) service and if you
act now you will get your choice of one of three of the best Xbox Live
games available... FOR FREE. Register for 12 months of Xbox Live at US
$49.99 (ERP) and get your free game (which will be sent to you). With
only seven days to sign up for this, you'd better hurry up.

HOW IT WORKS

-> Go to any retailer and buy a 12-month starter kit or 12-month
subscription card
-> Sign up for Xbox Live
-> Click here and fill out the forms to get your FREE game*

PICK YOUR FREE GAME
Project Gotham Racing® 2
Universally hailed as the best racing game on Xbox.
http://email.microsoft.com/m/S.asp?HB13577005859X3461769X369649X

Links(TM)
Take your sticks online and battle it out in tournaments and leagues!
http://email.microsoft.com/m/S.asp?HB13577005859X3461771X369649X

Top Spin(TM)
Fast-paced, wickedly fun tennis game complete with amazing Xbox
Live play!
http://email.microsoft.com/m/S.asp?HB13577005859X3461773X369649X

* Offer Valid in the 50 U.S. states & D.C. only. Offer not combinable
with any other Microsoft offers or rebates. Limit one free game per
purchase of a new Xbox Live 12-month Starter Kit or 12-month
subscription card. Purchase your 12-month Xbox Live Starter kit or
12-month subscription card between 5/8/2004-5/15/2004, then activate
your account and complete the required forms provided at the link
above by 5/23/2004 to get your free game. Please allow 4-6 weeks for
delivery of the game. The free game will not be sent if verification
of new account and gamertag cannot be executed. Past purchases
excluded. Free game is fulfilled via the Internet link above only. No
telephone or mail orders will be accepted. There will be no charge for
shipping and handling for delivery of the game.

WHAT YOU GET

12-Month subscription to Xbox Live
A subscription to Xbox Live gives you full access to the gaming
community. Sign up for the Xbox Live Newsflash on your dash, which
gives you the latest on the competitions, friends, scoreboards,
tournaments, and more!

Blockbuster game of your choice - ABSOLUTELY FREE!
Choose between three of the greatest Xbox games ever!
· Project Gotham Racing® 2
http://email.microsoft.com/m/S.asp?HB13577005859X3461769X369649X
· Links(TM)
http://email.microsoft.com/m/S.asp?HB13577005859X3461771X369649X
· Top Spin(TM)
http://email.microsoft.com/m/S.asp?HB13577005859X3461773X369649X

If you prefer not to receive future promotional e-mails of this type
from Xbox.com, please update your contact preferences in My Account.
Please be aware that it may take up to 10 days before your preference
is reflected in our system. One or more messages may still be sent.
http://email.microsoft.com/m/S.asp?HB13577005859X3381599X369649X

Privacy Statement
http://email.microsoft.com/m/S.asp?HB13577005859X3461775X369649X

Terms of Use
http://email.microsoft.com/m/S.asp?HB13577005859X3461777X369649X

Xbox Privacy, One Microsoft Way, Redmond WA 98052

©2004 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved. The names and logos
of actual companies and products herein may be trademarks of their
respective owners.

[link] [link] [img] [img] [img] [link] [img] [img] [link] [img] [img] [img] [img] The only thing you're missing is the Xbox Live" service and if you act now you will get your choice of one of three of the best Xbox Live games available... FOR FREE. Register for 12 months of Xbox Live at US $49.99 (ERP) and get your free game (which will be sent to you). With only seven days to sign up for this, you'd better hurry up. [img]
[img]
[img] -> Go to any retailer and buy a 12-month starter kit or 12-month subscription card
-> Click [link] here and fill out the forms to get your FREE game* [img]
[img]
[img] [img] [link] Project Gotham Racing® 2
Universally hailed as the best racing game on Xbox.

[img] [link] Links"
Take your sticks online and battle it out in tournaments and leagues!

[img] [link] Top Spin"
Fast-paced, wickedly fun tennis game complete with amazing Live play!

[img] [img] [img] 12-Month subscription to
Xbox Live

A subscription to Xbox Live gives you full access to the gaming community. Sign up for the Xbox Live Newsflash on your dash, which gives you the latest on the competitions, friends, scoreboards, tournaments, and more!

Blockbuster game of your choice - ABSOLUTELY FREE!

Choose between three of the greatest Xbox games ever! [link] Project Gotham
Racing® 2 [link] Links" [link] Top Spin"

[img] * Offer Valid in the 50 U.S. states & D.C. only. Offer not combinable with any other Microsoft offers or rebates. Limit one free game per purchase of a new Xbox Live 12-month Starter Kit or 12-month subscription card. Purchase your 12-month Xbox Live Starter kit or 12-month subscription card between 5/8/2004-5/15/2004, then activate your account and complete the required forms provided at the link above by 5/23/2004 to get your free game. Please allow 4-6 weeks for delivery of the game. The free game will not be sent if verification of new account and gamertag cannot be executed. Past purchases excluded. Free game is fulfilled via the Internet link above only. No telephone or mail orders will be accepted. There will be no charge for shipping and handling for delivery of the game.

[img] If you prefer not to receive future promotional e-mails of this type from Xbox.com, please update your contact preferences in [link] My Account . Please be aware that it may take up to 10 days before your preference is reflected in our system. One or more messages may still be sent.
[link] Privacy Statement[img] |[img] [link] Terms of Use
Xbox Privacy, One Microsoft Way, Redmond WA 98052
©2004 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved. The names and logos of actual companies and products herein may be trademarks of their respective owners.

[img] .

Further...hitting email.microsoft.com gets you this text:

--------------

About Email.Microsoft.com

Email.Microsoft.com is a Microsoft-owned domain that is used to deliver marketing e-mail by Digital Impact, a Microsoft vendor.
If you prefer not to receive future promotional e-mails of this type, please click here to unsubscribe. We will promptly update your contact preferences; however, please be aware that it may take up to eight weeks before you no longer receive promotional communications from Microsoft because of previously-executed campaigns. You may also forward the e-mail you received to [email protected] or draft an e-mail to [email protected] with your e-mail address and a description of the list from which you would like to be removed.

Microsoft is committed to sending you only the e-mail that you want to receive. If you have questions about your privacy, send us a message or write a letter to:

Microsoft.com Privacy
Microsoft Corporation
One Microsoft Way
Redmond, Washington 98052

I can't either, it says click here and sign up, I click, then it syas you can only use the link from your e-mail address. I deleted my cookies, still nothing. Hopefully by the 10th the problem will be fixed. I am going to sign up for Live on the tenth.

It still tells me "You can come to this page only by clicking on the link in your email.", but I am clicking the link in my email.

Well mcwilliams, thanks for posting that, but I think it's going to be a different link for each person. I mean - I can see your email address in the two "sign up now" links. The rest of that mumbo-jumbo is the same on every link and is probably an identifier attached specifically to your xbox.com account. I just now signed up my own xbox.com account to see if I can get the email myself. If I don't - there's two things I may try: 1) Use the links exactly as they appear in your email, only put my email address at the end (changing the @ to a %40) instead of yours or 2) Take that big 30 character code and make up a new one with the same number of random numbers and letters in your link.

I'm not convinced either of those will work, but it might be worth trying. If anybody tries it, let us know here. I plan to wait a few days first just to see if I get my own personal email before I try getting all haxxor like that ;)

tmoney, i never got the email either, but i messed with it and got it to work. here's what i did.

take the original link:

you need to replace a few things...first, replace "jon-paul" with the first part of your email address and "mcwilliamsworld.com" with the domain...like hotmail.com or whatever. then, you need to change part of the number. from "hb" all the way over to the last character before the first "x" is a unique sequence that you can find in other emails sent to you from microsoft. replace that section with your unique code. then the characters between the first and second "x" remain the same. finally, the characters between the second and third "x" are unique and can be found the same way as the "hb" section. i'm not sure if doing this will work for everybody, but i got it to work without ever receiving an email or clicking on the link from within an email. good luck.

EDIT: i just want to clarify. i don't know if this will actually work. i got the form to show up, filled it out, submitted my information, and got a message saying something like "welcome to xbox live, your free game is on the way". however, it says that it checks to see if your account is new, so i don't know if the game will actually show up.

[quote name='tmoney']Well mcwilliams, thanks for posting that, but I think it's going to be a different link for each person. I mean - I can see your email address in the two "sign up now" links. The rest of that mumbo-jumbo is the same on every link and is probably an identifier attached specifically to your xbox.com account. I just now signed up my own xbox.com account to see if I can get the email myself. If I don't - there's two things I may try: 1) Use the links exactly as they appear in your email, only put my email address at the end (changing the @ to a %40) instead of yours or 2) Take that big 30 character code and make up a new one with the same number of random numbers and letters in your link.

I'm not convinced either of those will work, but it might be worth trying. If anybody tries it, let us know here. I plan to wait a few days first just to see if I get my own personal email before I try getting all haxxor like that ;)[/quote]

You're right...my email is in the link...so It'd be only good for me (although TRENT figured out the query string in the link). I just signed up for the 2mo trial (1 day before it expired)...and I'm not blowing $50 on a subscription right now. Don't have time.

I read on the gamefaqs board that you have to sign up for the xbox newsletter. Then you get the newsletter with the offer.

[quote name='KingDox']I read on the gamefaqs board that you have to sign up for the xbox newsletter. Then you get the newsletter with the offer.[/quote]

I did signup, and I did receive the offer, but when I click on the link from the e-mail it doens't show me a form. I am so disapointed, I was hoping for Top Spin.

i got the same email and filled everything in, but i signed up my xbox live on the 7th, it said it worked and that id get the game, but im not counting on it, damn fine print.

Well, I hope this works out well for everyone who tried it. If I was interested in Live, I would have looked into this deal. Just hope it's not something bogus, such as the above mentioned e-mail spoofing.

Did anyone ever get this deal to work? Or did it wind up being a hoax? I was already registered but I never got the email in question. I even reregistered to make sure they had my info but still no email. I was realy wanting Topspin for free.

bread's done
Back