Free games and other prizes for college students

Paige

CAG Veteran
So I recently stumbled onto Knetwit where you can upload or download notes for free. They pay you Koins to post notes for your classes. You can redeem Koins for things like Spore. If you type up your notes anyway, it is an easy way to get free stuff.

http://www.knetwit.com/

Thats a referral link. I think you will have to either move it to the referral section or change it to a direct link to the site only.

I would use the site for what its meant to be used for, but my school has 35k undergrad alone and only 4 registered users.

Basically, no good.

[quote name='MachineGunMing']Will that really work?[/quote]
Only one way to find out...

Mailinator.com for if anyone is cheap enough to do this.

[quote name='The0ne']Pretty sure they'll figure out something's up when someone gains over 100,000 points in 1 day.[/QUOTE]

That and I'm sure they'll investigate just how unique the users are, especially on the larger prizes. Unless he uses hundreds of different IP's and manages to keep each account active.

In other words, highly doubtful he'd get it.

[quote name='bolt333']I'm cheap enough to do that I'll tell you guys if it works.[/quote]
Are you a cheap enough dude to.....save the.. I mean.... get a ps3?;)

[quote name='Liquidx01']That and I'm sure they'll investigate just how unique the users are, especially on the larger prizes. Unless he uses hundreds of different IP's and manages to keep each account active.

In other words, highly doubtful he'd get it.[/quote]

I didn't read anything about the site but if it's for college students then they should take into the fact that many people might be using a free internet hotspot so they will have the same ip

wow, if anyone confirms that - ill be in, but i do think it's rather unlikely they would let it pass...

Hard to do with proxies. Got 1 though.
Just ordered $10 paypal

mportant Notice #1 We Sent You An Email We just sent you a Knetwit message located in the message center confirming your order.
Important Notice #2 Order Will Ship Out 5 Business Days
Your order will be processed in 5 business days and show up in your PayPal account.

Important Notice #3 We will Send You Another Knetwit Message
Once your order has been processed by Knetwit we will notify you with a Knetwit Message.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='BarbblerElf']Hard to do with proxies. Got 1 though.
Just ordered $10 paypal[/quote]
same thing here.. wondering if it goes through.

Yeah... I created so many email accounts for this that gmail and yahoo banned my ip from creating an email account. I got Spore and an Ipod Nano + a t-shirt (was testing it out) in about 2 hours. Should ship on Thursday next week, will post here if it gets cancelled etc.

[quote name='Geello']Yeah... I created so many email accounts for this that gmail and yahoo banned my ip from creating an email account. I got Spore and an Ipod Nano + a t-shirt (was testing it out) in about 2 hours. Should ship on Thursday next week, will post here if it gets cancelled etc.[/quote]
Just reset IP... gl getting the nano though..

[quote name='Geello']Yeah... I created so many email accounts for this that gmail and yahoo banned my ip from creating an email account. I got Spore and an Ipod Nano + a t-shirt (was testing it out) in about 2 hours. Should ship on Thursday next week, will post here if it gets cancelled etc.[/quote]

Did you have to put up any notes or did you just invite yourself over and over again until you had enough for your prizes?

[quote name='crunchberries']Did you have to put up any notes or did you just invite yourself over and over again until you had enough for your prizes?[/quote]

Just invited over and over.

pretty cool site, thanks!
cheapgamer.jpg

My friend and i used mailinator and we created enough to get a 50$ cash prize, we shall see in 5 days if this works. To those who have not used this yet you need a paypal account in order to receive your prizes.

Creating fake accounts to get referral Koin is not going to work. It is against Knetwit's Terms of Use and you will lose all your points and Koin (even legitimately earned Koin). You'll be much better off just referring real people (preferably college classmates) and uploading any notes you have laying around.

You can visit Knetwit's Koin page to learn how to earn money and prizes (including a PS3, HD TV, or Spore).

Heh, even though my uni (25k + population) only has like 18 people in it, I'm still just going to upload a bunch of my old notes. I have a crap load that I can upload and I should be able to get some decent prizes.

I doubt this will ever kick off fully for my university. There's at least 2 or 3 other note sites that the majority of people use, and at least one of was created by one of students so it's the most popular.

[quote name='Geello']Yeah... I created so many email accounts for this that gmail and yahoo banned my ip from creating an email account. I got Spore and an Ipod Nano + a t-shirt (was testing it out) in about 2 hours. Should ship on Thursday next week, will post here if it gets cancelled etc.[/quote]:applause::applause: you sir are a unique specimen. I wish I had your dedication. I would have lost interest after 15 or so accounts. By the way you might want to consider spamgourmet instead of actually creating e-mails or mailinator.

[quote name='bubbaFromBama']Creating fake accounts to get referral Koin is not going to work. It is against Knetwit's Terms of Use and you will lose all your points and Koin (even legitimately earned Koin). You'll be much better off just referring real people (preferably college classmates) and uploading any notes you have laying around.

You can visit Knetwit's Koin page to learn how to earn money and prizes (including a PS3, HD TV, or Spore).[/quote]narc?
na I'm just messing with you but this posts does read like a copy paste of TOS.

If the $10 goes through I'm defiantly going to be going for those $50 prizes. Ordering a ps3 will make them check too closely, but maybe they won't notice me getting $50 every 1 or 2 weeks.

Only 162 emails? That's extremely easy. Gotta love my college! They give me the e-mail of every single person in my class. Right about now, that's 100 people I can invite. Here I come free PS3!

[quote name='IcyColdBolt']You people are all cheap...[/quote]

Since when does this site's name NOT give that away? If someone came up to you on the street and said "I'll pay you $400 if you run up the block and back down," would you say no? That's about all the work it takes to get a free PS3 on the site the OP posted.

That and I've made about $2,000 online in the past year all through miscellaneous websites.

[quote name='DarkRider23']Only 162 emails? That's extremely easy. Gotta love my college! They give me the e-mail of every single person in my class. Right about now, that's 100 people I can invite. Here I come free PS3!

Since when does this site's name NOT give that away? If someone came up to you on the street and said "I'll pay you $400 if you run up the block and back down," would you say no? That's about all the work it takes to get a free PS3 on the site the OP posted.

That and I've made about $2,000 online in the past year all through miscellaneous websites.[/quote] I was joking.. :roll:

[quote name='Dynasty1756']Wow, i must agree that the prizes are not that good. Where are the Xbox 360 games or an Xbox 360 console?[/quote]
I must admit, They SHOULD put a 360 on there... I can understand no Wii, but NO Xbox? That is wrong.. besides, I already have a playstation.

[quote name='IcyColdBolt']I must admit, They SHOULD put a 360 on there... I can understand no Wii, but NO Xbox? That is wrong.. besides, I already have a playstation.[/QUOTE]

Probably don't want to deal with RRoD returns :lol:

I'll have to try this out. Does every ref have to put up notes? Or just sign up?

[quote name='Hydro2Oxide']Probably don't want to deal with RRoD returns :lol:

I'll have to try this out. Does every ref have to put up notes? Or just sign up?[/quote]
Not that they would have to take it(them) back. Still, it would be nice of them to put at least the arcade up.

[quote name='Puffoluf$$$us']I got paid $10 today. I submitted for it yesterday. All I did was upload a bunch of my old notes.[/quote]no no no no no. you misunderstand we don't want to know how you legitimately win prizes. We want to know how to effectively game the system.

[quote name='IcyColdBolt']I do not believe that you are allowed to do that.[/quote]

your signature is a referral, i am just saying that i created an account, so if anyone wants to use my referral - they could...

How long does it take for notes to upload? I uploaded 7 notes and the uploads went through fine, but I haven't gotten any credit for them yet...

i think this site is BS, i uploaded notes and also havent gotten jack! and all my invites can't register as it says: invalid email? dont even know what that means...

dont know how these guys managed to get so much stuff off of it.

[quote name='sickle']your signature is a referral, i am just saying that i created an account, so if anyone wants to use my referral - they could...[/quote]
Yes, my SIG is. That follows a different set of rules. Referrals in a sig are fine, but I do not believe posting a refferal as your post in this board is allowed.

[quote name='sickle']i think this site is BS, i uploaded notes and also havent gotten jack! and all my invites can't register as it says: invalid email? dont even know what that means...

dont know how these guys managed to get so much stuff off of it.[/quote]

It seems they are some issues in the system. I've had trouble uploading Word documents and e-mailed them about it. It seems they are still working out various bugs.

However, all of the .pdf files that upload registered immediately. At the worst, you could always convert your Word documents to .pdf files.

bread's done
Back