Free Ghostbusters: Sanctum of Slime Xbox Live Arcade Game

Yeah I just wen't back to the Ghostbusters page to prompt the download after I entered my fake address and it worked perfectly!! Thanks OP!! :)

[quote name='thehuskerfan']It's asking for a credit card on my account ?? I hope I didn't mess it up somehow. Are people still getting this to work??[/QUOTE]

I hit the "skip it" button when I got this and its working fine for me right now.

woo hoo it worked... I was just about to give up trying to figure out the website... then boom... it got it to work... downloading and playing it right now..

This is probably a dumb question, sorry about that, but there's no way to link the game to US account right? I'll have to play it with my taiwan account?

I created an account but I can't get the game to download. When I select download to xbox I get a pop up that can't be translated and has a grey button at the bottom.

Forgot about my TW account from PvZ so it was fast to get on the system itself.
I forgot about this game because it looked like total crap. Watched the video preview and it still did...
Oh well.

Just got it into the download queue, hoping it'll work when I check my 360 in a few minutes. Also hoping I can play it with my regular account, but if not, oh well.

Tutorial:
1.go to yahoo and create fake account
2.go to xbox live taiwan
3.upper right click sign up
4.fillout everything on page 1 and your done, no need for dumb addresses
5. go onto your xbox and click recover gamertag, enter info
6. find ghostbusters in top arcade downloads
7.download the free game

this should take you less than 5 minutes. i took about 3 minutes. nothing beats a free game.

[quote name='Slash316']This is probably a dumb question, sorry about that, but there's no way to link the game to US account right? I'll have to play it with my taiwan account?[/QUOTE]

Microsoft ties your games to both your gamertag and one system. The first console you download an item to is licensed to play it. Any gamertag can play the game on that system. You can also play the game on any system if the gamertag that owns it is logged in.

What that means is if you use a foreign account to download it, you can sign back in on that console with your GT and play it just fine. You can't put the game on a usb drive and take it to your friend's house to play it without using the foreign GT.

Keep the account info. If you get a new console you can do a license transfer on the foreign account once a year to assign the game to another machine.

Just downloaded this and played it for thirty minutes. I'm actually embarrassed that my friends have seen me playing this, I hope they don't think I paid for it. I can't complain about a free game, but this is just awful. I made my own twin stick shooter in two days for a game jam that was better than this mess.

I hate to say it, but I'd actually say that I had more fun with Yaris and Dash of Destruction than I did with Sanctum of Slime, and those games didn't have the nerve to charge $10 for a download.

But once again, free is free, so I can't really complain. I just feel bad for the people who did pay full price.

[quote name='AmyGrrl']You can play it with any Gamertag... but only on the console it was downloaded to...[/QUOTE]

EDIT 2: louiedog answered my question before I even asked it. Moot question. =P

EDIT: Oh yeah, and the download worked without a hitch. Glad to finally get one after missing out on Earthworm Jim, PvZ, and Swarm... I don't care if it isn't that good, it's a free game, and it's got the Ghostbusters theme at the menu screen. I'm more than pleased. XD

[quote name='HORSEBORSE']Tutorial:
2.go to xbox live taiwan
7.download the free game

this should take you less than 5 minutes. i took about 3 minutes. nothing beats a free game.[/QUOTE]

Best method by far! Currently downloading. Can't pass up on a free game.

[quote name='Ravenhood']EDIT 2: louiedog answered my question before I even asked it. Moot question. =P

EDIT: Oh yeah, and the download worked without a hitch. Glad to finally get one after missing out on Earthworm Jim, PvZ, and Swarm... I don't care if it isn't that good, it's a free game, and it's got the Ghostbusters theme at the menu screen. I'm more than pleased. XD[/QUOTE]

Damn, I didn't know that they offered Earthworm Jim for free. I'm mad I missed that. What's PvZ?

[quote name='CheapAssHustla']Damn, I didn't know that they offered Earthworm Jim for free. I'm mad I missed that. What's PvZ?[/QUOTE]

Yeah... it was a year or so ago, got it free on a Japanese account. I had an issue creating one, but it wouldn't have mattered, as I was a day or two too late. XS

Still, out of 4 games I know of, getting at least 1 free isn't terrible, considering I didn't know about the first 3 until the offers were over/fixed. =P

And I know someone already answered but it's Plants vs. Zombies. I'm not too upset about missing it, since I bought it for the PC as a gift for my girlfriend last year. ... That, and I don't care for it enough to play it very often. X3

[quote name='Ravenhood']Yeah... it was a year or so ago, got it free on a Japanese account. I had an issue creating one, but it wouldn't have mattered, as I was a day or two too late. XS

Still, out of 4 games I know of, getting at least 1 free isn't terrible, considering I didn't know about the first 3 until the offers were over/fixed. =P

And I know someone already answered but it's Plants vs. Zombies. I'm not too upset about missing it, since I bought it for the PC as a gift for my girlfriend last year. ... That, and I don't care for it enough to play it very often. X3[/QUOTE]

That's awesome. Now I remember that I got Hexic 2 for free through an outside account. I don't know if anyone got this.

Finally got it to work and added to my fake account queue. An important step that seems to be missing if doing it solely on Xbox.com is when trying to download it and it brings you to the address/billing screens, if you see 2 gray boxes with a green one in the middle, the gray box on the left is always "skip", that will get you past the CC screen without the need to fill it in.

Too funny, I figured this would be dead by the time I got home from work. Logged into my Taiwan account and there it was, "free".

Thanks for the head's up TC. :applause:

Thanks OP!!, i created a japanese account 2 years ago, and i didn´t know that Earthworm Jim was for free, well at least i got this one, i´m so happy because i miss the swarm too, lol.

Thanks for the heads up TC. Just followed the steps HORSEBORSE posted about 10 minutes ago and the game is now downloading. Free is always good. :cool:

Wow this is funny. I was really looking forward to this game and downloaded the demo almost the minute it was put up. I was gonna drop the 800 points if it was anything but the total shits....which it was!

I was so disappointed and deleted it. But I'll take it for free lol. THANKS

Last edited by a moderator:
2.go to xbox live taiwan
7.download the free game

this should take you less than 5 minutes. i took about 3 minutes. nothing beats a free game.[/QUOTE]

Bwahahaha! Thanks TC and thanks Horse for the tutorial!

2.go to xbox live taiwan
7.download the free game

Did this, but opened a US Xbox.com window to see what the stuff says.

Also, make it over 21. My buddy had to make a parent account when he put 20.

Last edited by a moderator:
For some reason t's not working for me, either way it's asking for 800 msp. I wonder if it had anything to do with the fact that when I created my account I put my US address so even though I pull up the Taiwan account when I go to purchase the game it switches over to the us site.

[quote name='sehpirot']Thanks OP!!, i created a japanese account 2 years ago, and i didn´t know that Earthworm Jim was for free, well at least i got this one, i´m so happy because i miss the swarm too, lol.[/QUOTE]

It required a gold account to download it anyway.

TY OP got it 1 minute ago just opened a free xbl account with a little help from google translate and downloaded it directly from the xbox without adding to queue or something o_O

Thanks, just grabbed it (according to the site anyway, not at my console yet)!

For those who are still confused, there's a really easy way to tell whether you're looking at the full game: the icon is a fully shaded controller, not half shaded, half outline.

[quote name='devious20000']...when I go to purchase the game it switches over to the us site.[/QUOTE]
In the top-left corner you can switch your region. It showed the US site until I realized that.

[quote name='Markew001']Any chance this will be live when I get home from work at 6pm? =D *crosses fingers*[/QUOTE]

I can't say for sure, but I'm confident that it would be. It looks to be a real promotion for Xbox Live Taiwan, so unless they're planning on taking it down today, you should be safe. Still, if you have any internet access, even for a few minutes, it might not hurt to get it queued up to be on the safe side, even if you can't turn the system on. =P

bread's done
Back