FREE gifts from Microsoft; ex: 1 yr XBL or more,.YMMV to those who who purchased the console between 11/22/13-11/11/14,(must be opt-in to email notif)

Well, looks like I'm using my day one code for my XBox

Was hoping to keep it unused as a Collectors thing

I just wish there was a better way to show off the Day One achievement, other than just being buried in my feed forever ago...
Maybe display it on your profile instead of keeping it buried?

"Gamer Profile – "you can now select a set of showcase items that are displayed when other gamers look at your profile on an Xbox One console. You can use Xbox One SmartGlass or Xbox One console to add or remove up to six game clips or achievements that will be displayed in a carousel format."

Last edited by a moderator:
It would be cool to win something for once. I have two xbox one consoles (got the one white because reasons) and wouldn't mind winning a third one... XD

Because that's the logic that always seems to pervade these sorts of promos. "They bought it day one so they must want another one instead of something they would be more likely to enjoy!"
I guess they should just give out PS4's and Wii U's to the winner.

I can think of a ton of things to do with a new Xbone. I hope whoever wins doesn't just take it for granted or complain.

I bought my xbox one third hand and the original owner bought it on launch, I'm confused I bought it from the 2nd owner in April. Am I getting anything?

So hilarious many people who bought an Xbox One when it was discounted or during a promo are asking or angry they aren't eligible. I honestly wish it were for people who bought it month one because we got nothing extra and never complained at all. (At least in my case)

Maybe display it on your profile instead of keeping it buried?

"Gamer Profile – "you can now select a set of showcase items that are displayed when other gamers look at your profile on an Xbox One console. You can use Xbox One SmartGlass or Xbox One console to add or remove up to six game clips or achievements that will be displayed in a carousel format."
I didn't know you could do that, very cool. However I've tried it from the console and from the IOS version of Glass and it doesn't seem to be sticking. I'll keep working on it. :)

Not much to tell lol. He plays for the Colt's, my mom is his aunt and him and my brother have been super close since he was a kid. He asked us to move in with him, and we have been together for the past year.
Now i really want to have your cousin since I'm a Colts fan. Lol.

I am a little glad that microsoft has offered some sort of way of saying "we did not give it to you in the arse for buying day one/early." people who recently bought, are you not glad you saved $100+ for waiting, and your still complaining? sounds unreasonable.

Just checked, I wasn't signed up to receive the email. Bah

BS you have to get spam in order to be rewarded, spending $500 meant nothing.
our 13 launch markets who opted in to receive Xbox Marketing emails prior to Nov 11, 2014

Anyone gotten anything from MS yet... isn't this suppose to happen today? 

Is it the Xbox newsletter or the partners emails or both that you have to be signed up for? I always get the Xbox email but not their third-party partner ones.

To me it reads as: if you're signed up for emails you'll get the 'report card' kind of email that says what you did  for a year.  And everyone is eligable for rewards part regardless of email signup.  Maybe rewards go directly to account on system.  or maybe I'm wrong

I JUST received the "Look what you've accomplished!" e-mail, and it mentions checking my e-mail tomorrow for more surprises - so hopefully those random prizes are being picked tomorrow? :) Not that i'm expecting anything, but who knows? lol

Just checked, I wasn't signed up to receive the email. Bah

BS you have to get spam in order to be rewarded, spending $500 meant nothing.
Gosh damn people, read the OP.

You don't have to be signed up for e-mails in order to get rewards. Those who opted-in to e-mails just get some e-mail from MS summarizing their XBL activities. Everyone else who owned the system and put in the required hours will still get a reward.

Maybe the OP needs to be edited to clarify this for the people who ostensibly cannot read?

985hrs here :cool:, with a full time job and a family.   I actually don't think its a lot..I mainly play 3hrs before bedtime.

943 hrs since 2006. Lol almost like yours Dennis, just switch the numbers around. I've heard tomorrow Live Gold members will be able to play Sunset Overdrive for free 24 hrs. Maybe that promo is related to this one.

Ahh sorry why did I think tomorrow was the 24th... it's going to be free on the 24th.

934hrs since 2007
No. 934 hours on XBO in Year One. Read the email people!

943 hrs since 2006. Lol almost like yours Dennis, just switch the numbers around. I've heard tomorrow Live Gold members will be able to play Sunset Overdrive for free 24 hrs. Maybe that promo is related to this one.

Ahh sorry why did I think tomorrow was the 24th... it's going to be free on the 24th.
It's free on the 22nd... aka right now

lol nice

This morning, I received this message:

Thanks for being an Xbox One early adopter. To celebrate Year One, we’re giving you LIMBO when it's released. Stay tuned, your free code will arrive here.

I got the limbo message too. That seems to be the most common prize reward from what i've heard. Weren't people with the day one achievement supposed to get a background or profile pic or something?

I just got a message on my Xbox One saying they're gifting me Limbo. Thought I was special til I saw this thread. Oh well. A free classic game with an easy 1000G? I am not gonna complain!

Are you guys getting the message via Live or in a email?
I got the Limbo message via XBL and an email that I had to open to see what special gift I received, which was the digital poster. Hey, I like the Year One pic and the day one background and a free game isn't anything to crab about, especially since Limbo is such a good game. I didn't realize it was coming out for this gen, though.

Got the e-mail with the backgrounds and free movie rentals as well as the Limbo message. Still hoping to win one of the big things.

Noticed a message on my xbox one last night that gave me some Sunset Overdrive costumes and whatnot. I thought it was from this promotion, but apparently it was just thanks for playing the game (perhaps owning, I have the digital version from the SSO combo).

Got an e-mail a bit ago gifting me a Killer Instinct Season 1 Combo Breaker Pack.  Nice. I was thinking about getting into the game anyhow.

Got both emails the one yesterday with my stats and the one today with the gifts. Still did not receive and XBL messages with anything yet.

I got an e-mail yesterday with some Sunset Overdrive stuff, but I didn't think it was part of this promo. Maybe it was, because I haven't received anything today. The gift e-mails didn't come out for most people until today, right?

bread's done
Back