FREE gifts from Microsoft; ex: 1 yr XBL or more,.YMMV to those who who purchased the console between 11/22/13-11/11/14,(must be opt-in to email notif)

Nothing yet, hopefully that means I got something good and that I didn't just get screwed out of the program somehow. Is the dbz stuff in the email you get because I did really wanna watch the movie.

Nothing yet, hopefully that means I got something good and that I didn't just get screwed out of the program somehow. Is the dbz stuff in the email you get because I did really wanna watch the movie.
I didn't get the personalize email but I was still able to watch it for free in the marketplace. The only one that is for free is the Japanese audio.

Nothing for me either, though I did get Limbo on xbox. What email address are the emails come from and/or what is the title of the emails?

Nothing for me either, though I did get Limbo on xbox. What email address are the emails come from and/or what is the title of the emails?
The email is from Xbox Live <[email protected]> with the subject "<gamertag>, these gifts for you are a thanks from us."

My prize pack includes:

• Day One background
  • Personalized poster
  • Year One background
  • Year One "Many Thanks" backgrounds for Twitter and Facebook
  • Year One gamer picture
  • Halo 4: Unto Dawn free rental
  • Dragon Ball Z episode sampler pack free rental
  • Dragon Ball Z: Battle of the Gods free rental
I also got the Xbox message for free Limbo.

Just for verification, people are getting prize packs even though they didn't opt it for marketing e-mails, correct?

I'm curious why I haven't received a prize pack, since I did meet all the requirements for that, according to the disclaimer:

"**The Year One Celebration gift box email will be sent to Xbox One customers who purchased the console between 11/22/13 – 11/11/14, in our 13 launch markets, are 17 years or older and have 10+ hours of usage on Xbox One. "

Last edited by a moderator:
I got the personalized poster pack. Can't complain about free stuff. And I just got the message about the free SSO in game items. I wish I could get Limbo though.

I got the personalized poster pack. Can't complain about free stuff. And I just got the message about the free SSO in game items. I wish I could get Limbo though.
This is the wording from Xbox in the message: "Thanks for being an Xbox One early adopter. To celebrate Year One, we’re giving you LIMBO when it's released. Stay tuned, your free code will arrive here." Chances are you'll see some of them in the trade thread. :)

I got the celebration email with the pics and backgrounds etc... and the free Limbo. I didn't win anything else unless that would be a different email that I haven't gotten yet

I got the poster as well. I was like uhhh sure ill take it i guess? I dont know anyone who will actually print this poster and consider it a win though :D

Still nothing here. Part of me is hoping that somehow they're saving the best prizes for last, but I figure I somehow just missed out. Now sure why, though. I've had my Xbone since July, am over 17, and have put in way more than 10 hours. I opted out of their spam so I didn't get the e-mail yesterday, but according to the disclaimer I should get something. 

Oh well. Same with the Best Buy gift cards, it just seems like I'm unlucky with this stuff.

All I got was the email for the digital shit that nobody cares about. No XBL message. Lame. I was actually hoping for Dance Central Spotlight.

Cool only just bought xbox one 2 weeks ago today and I got an email for Forza Horizon car, and background and all that shit. Best of all got free rental of Dragonball Z: Battle of the Gods been wanting to see that for a while.

Got the backgrounds, profile pic and custom poster but no XBL message (prob because I let my Live run out unfortunately).
I don't think that is the reason. My Xbox live ran out too, but I still got the XBL message for limbo. Did you get the Xbox One on Day One or have the day one achievement?

I wasn't op't into the emails. Had the system day one, and been a live subscriber since day one on old xbox. I haven't gotten a gift email at all.

Yeah, I'm inching up to a full HDD.  That really sucks.  I'm going to have to invest in one of those 3TB external drives or something.  I don't know much about that, so I'll have to research a bit. 

But, anyway, got Limbo downloaded.  That game is worth clearing space for, no joke.  That's pretty awesome going from not even knowing the game was going to rerelease to having it sitting on my hard drive waiting to be played!  Good show, Microsoft.  :bow:

Yeah, I'm inching up to a full HDD. That really sucks. I'm going to have to invest in one of those 3TB external drives or something. I don't know much about that, so I'll have to research a bit.

But, anyway, got Limbo downloaded. That game is worth clearing space for, no joke. That's pretty awesome going from not even knowing the game was going to rerelease to having it sitting on my hard drive waiting to be played! Good show, Microsoft. :bow:
Yea I dont even have Dead Rising 3 or Wolfenstein installed anymore and still have The Evil Within, Unity, and Halo sealed lol

So, did you need to have the X1 hooked-up prior to 11/11/14, in order to get the goodies.

Grabbed mine during the BB special event sale but didn't connect it since I didn't have a game I wanted to play on it.

I gotta email with all that junk in it. I also got two messages, one for Sunset Overdrive oufits I think, and another one as a thank you they gave me a code for Limbo on Xbox One. I hope I'm still considered in for the other prizes since I own Limbo now on 4 platforms.

Yeah, I'm inching up to a full HDD. That really sucks. I'm going to have to invest in one of those 3TB external drives or something. I don't know much about that, so I'll have to research a bit.

But, anyway, got Limbo downloaded. That game is worth clearing space for, no joke. That's pretty awesome going from not even knowing the game was going to rerelease to having it sitting on my hard drive waiting to be played! Good show, Microsoft. :bow:
I bought a 3TB Seagate I believe. Works awesome, super easy to set up, and switch over. Now I just wish that PS4 would let me do that, because I'm completely full with digital games I've had to delete and physical games I've had to uninstall.

I don't think that is the reason. My Xbox live ran out too, but I still got the XBL message for limbo. Did you get the Xbox One on Day One or have the day one achievement?
Yeah, maybe you have to update the system. I'll be doing that when I go to the relatives for Thanksgiving dinner.

If anyone received a code for Season One of Killer Instinct and are interested in getting rid of it let me know! :whee:

bread's done
Back