FREE Guitar Hero: World Tour DLC on Jan. 27th

lolwaut

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
I dont think this has been posted...

Activision announced that two Bruce Springsteen songs will be available for Guitar Hero World Tour on January 27. The release of the two songs, "Born to Run" and "My Lucky Day," coincides with the release of Springsteen's new album Working on a Dream.

The songs will be available for free during the first week. After that, from February 5 on, the songs will be available as a pack on the Xbox Live Marketplace for 320 Microsoft Points ($3.99) and the PlayStation Store for $3.99, and as singles on the Wii for 200 Wii Points ($2) each.

When I went on Live I saw some other tracks for free (Neversoft track pack etc.) are those always free or are those on special as well?

[quote name='BrettX209']anybody try this? particularly anyone with a PS3? I can't find it on the Playstation store :whistle2:([/QUOTE]

I went to new releases and found it to be the first one when I went looking for a new LBP costume pack.

Thats how I saw it. Glad to see others are able to jump on it too. I remembered hearing this a few weeks back. Free Songs = Must! For me at least.

[quote name='JrHu92']When I went on Live I saw some other tracks for free (Neversoft track pack etc.) are those always free or are those on special as well?[/QUOTE]

I was wondering the same thing but was too lazy to download them all.

It seems to vary. GH songs seem to be bigger than RB songs though (I think). I last downloaded Life in the Fast Lane by The Eagles and it was 38 megabytes, so I guess it's around standard. I'd hate to see how big a song like Free Bird or Stairway to Heaven would be.

Oh and did you get it off PSN or the Marketplace? I just went on my PS3 to grab it from the store but didn't see it. Guess I'll put in GHWT and go straight to the store from the game to see if it's there.
I figure most of it isn't the audio but note programming, character animation cues, and certain special effects cues. But still, 40 megabytes for what I would imagine ought to be 15 tops is a lot.

Marketplace, I had to search a good bit to find it though. No big banner on the front page, way at the bottom of all the DLC

Can't find it on Wii. Unless you need to have the game first. Oh well. It was worth a shot.

[quote name='elprincipe']How do you do this for Wii?[/quote]
Make sure you have an SD card, sign in to WiFi connection when you start the game and then go to the store. There are a few ways to sort the songs (I think by pushing the blue button?) and in addition to the Springsteen tracks there are other freebies as well.

We played Born to Run a couple times last night on Medium. It's harder than I expected it to be, but kind of fun. It uses an awkward mixture of sustained notes and single notes that ends up mostly working.

[quote name='Slim Gatsby']Nice, thanks!

And menewbe: No, there is nothing that stops you from downloading content for games that you do not own. So, purchase it now, and you can always access it later from your download history.[/quote]

Slim, I signed up for that website using your link

bread's done
Back