Free Kingston 25 Year Anniversary USB *Update* Thumb Drives have started shipping

Not sure if I want to use this thing for much after seeing that the internal component may fall out. I have had mine from around the time they started shipping them out and I just now plugged it into the USB port to make sure it is working.

[quote name='sendme']Not sure if I want to use this thing for much after seeing that the internal component may fall out. I have had mine from around the time they started shipping them out and I just now plugged it into the USB port to make sure it is working.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, it sounds like it was cheaply made (which isn't all that surprising, it was free). The thought of relying on this for anything when the usb could just fall out/get pushed in and I lose all my files doesn't sit well.

I'm curious if anyone else has had problems with the internal part disappearing? I haven't used it all that much and I'm wondering if I should just throw it away. If it's not reliable there's not much point in using it.

[quote name='mr.me']I'm curious if anyone else has had problems with the internal part disappearing? I haven't used it all that much and I'm wondering if I should just throw it away. If it's not reliable there's not much point in using it.[/QUOTE]

I use mine daily on my xbox, switching between it and other 8gb one for different games, nothing has fallen out or broken yet.

[quote name='mr.me']I'm curious if anyone else has had problems with the internal part disappearing? I haven't used it all that much and I'm wondering if I should just throw it away. If it's not reliable there's not much point in using it.[/QUOTE]

I had the inside part fall out probably after a month and used it only a handful of times, good news was I called Kingston about it and they had me send it in and replaced it and haven't had a problem since then!

[quote name='daver16']I had the inside part fall out probably after a month and used it only a handful of times, good news was I called Kingston about it and they had me send it in and replaced it and haven't had a problem since then![/QUOTE]

but they got your data on that drive.

I washed mine by accident (left it in my pocket) and the inside fell right out. Luckily I found an 8 gig Christmas themed flash drive at Best Buy a few weeks ago for like $4 to replace it.

[quote name='Grimreaper0101']thsi is a year old who put this on top[/QUOTE]

You by posting... I guess even this explaining it is a bump =/

bread's done
Back