free live Coldplay album 5/15

To quote the wonderful show Greek that is having issues finding it's way this season...

“Are you avoiding something out there?” - Rusty
“Yeah; vegans and Coldplay fans.” - Dale

Im not a huge fan of coldplay but I still do enjoy their music. Particularly their latest album, cant get some of those tunes out of my head.

Will have to download this when it comes out. Thanks OP

Free is always good, especially for a band that I like. I can almost forgive them. They cancelled a concert near my town... :(

Coldplay is such a boring band, but I know some people who might like this. Thanks for posting this

[quote name='coldplay'] According to the band, the give-away is meant as a recession-busting mark of gratitude to everyone who's supported them: "Playing live is what we love. This album is a thank you to our fans – the people who give us a reason to do it and make it happen."[/quote]

Bullshit!

If they wanted to give a "mark of gratitude" they would lower their ticket prices or give free concerts.

[quote name='oasisboy']Bullshit!

If they wanted to give a "mark of gratitude" they would lower their ticket prices or give free concerts.[/QUOTE]

Actually they did do a free concert at Madison Square Garden of all places. Otherwise quit your bitching and just appreciate or ignore something that is free.

[quote name='oasisboy']Bullshit!

If they wanted to give a "mark of gratitude" they would lower their ticket prices or give free concerts.[/QUOTE]

this is by far a good example of gratitude. by doing the direct download the music can skip the middle man.

I'd rather support a band by concert than pay 90% to the label by buying the CD.

I'm not a big fan of live albums but I have been listening to a lot of coldplay lately so I'll take this. I was just in palm beach though, I would have stayed and gone to the concert had I know they were playing.

I don't understand why people who don't like Coldplay would come in here just to post that they don't. Why burn the calories? I'll download this, I'm a big fan.

[quote name='Arakias']Actually they did do a free concert at Madison Square Garden of all places. Otherwise quit your bitching and just appreciate or ignore something that is free.[/QUOTE]

And how many more free concerts did they give after that? Were they selling T-shirts for $35 at this concert? :lol:

I just hate artists that pretend they care about their fans. If you want a true artist that gets it, look at Nine Inch Nails, Trent Reznor gives his music for free and also sells it on CD or high quality download for $5 for complete albums with artwork. Thank you very much! :applause:

Thanks for the info!

I typically don't like live albums but at least the one retail live album Coldplay has out is very good in quality and their consistent performance.

[quote name='meatwad3000']I tried downloading this but it's not working for me. Could it be because I'm using firefox?[/QUOTE]

It's probably high traffic, I'm using Firefox and it downloaded fine for me.

[quote name='oasisboy']And how many more free concerts did they give after that? Were they selling T-shirts for $35 at this concert? :lol:

I just hate artists that pretend they care about their fans. If you want a true artist that gets it, look at Nine Inch Nails, Trent Reznor gives his music for free and also sells it on CD or high quality download for $5 for complete albums with artwork. Thank you very much! :applause:[/QUOTE]

Uhh Trent Reznor stopped making "music" over 10 years ago. The guy has even talked shit about his own work - saying that his music is uninspired and that he doesn't care about his fans. If that's not good enough for you you can call up my uncle Ray (he and Trent used to hang out back when he was just a fledgling "musician" in Cleveland) and he will tell you that the guy is the epitome of the word bitch.

[quote name='bigdaddy']To quote the wonderful deplorable show Greek that is having issues finding it's way this every season...

“Are you avoiding something out there?” - Rusty
“Yeah; vegans and Coldplay fans.” - Dale[/QUOTE]fixed

bread's done
Back