Free Mass Effect 2 DLC from Dr. Pepper Promo

Warlock82

CAGiversary!
If anyone wants the Dr. Pepper Mass Effect 2 items, I found this topic over at the Bioware forums:
http://social.bioware.com/forum/1/topic/103/index/919782/1

The codes:
CBEEAAA41NWH
CBEEAAAE4L9N
CBEEAAAFQG9J
CBEEAAAE98ZV

Apparently these are re-usable (anyone can use them in other words), but you can only use one per drpepper.com account. The trick to get around that is you can register 3 different accounts to use 3 codes - just make sure you log into the same EA account when you redeem the item.

To redeem these, go here:
http://www.drpepper.com/promotions/ea/signin/

Create an account and enter the code (I picked "No Purchase" for the three questions it asks, but I don't think this even matters). There should be a "redeem" button that will take you to an EA Account login - make sure you log in using the EA account you have linked to Mass Effect 2.

Then once you're logged in, pick Mass Effect 2 from the game list and pick the item you want. To get the other two items, just create new drpepper.com accounts (e-mail doesn't matter, I don't even think it requires you to click a "confirm registration" link) and sign in to the same EA account when you get to that point.

Here are some pictures of the three items:
full-sentry-interface.png

full-recon-hood.png

full-umbra-visor.png

This may work for the other EA games in the promotion, I have no idea.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='T0mF5']Does anyone know how to find what EA account your gamertag is linked to?[/QUOTE]

Do you have any games that use the EA account feature?

Apparently I had 2 different ones (PS3 and 360), so to figure it out, I had to find the EA Account option in NHL10 and see what e-mail address I had used.

Thanks OP.

That said, I don't have an EA account, nor a bioware account. Trying to navigate through all this horsecrap they make you do did nothing but piss me off, and I still can't figure it out.

[quote name='sickle']i get "ERROR
You Have Reached an Error:
We are sorry, but you have already entered the non-unique code allowed for this promotion."

I only used one code, and when i try to redeem takes me to here:
http://social.bioware.com/login.php...er_entitlements.php?path=masseffect2/drpepper

WTF? how are you people redeeming 3 of those?[/QUOTE]

"The trick to get around that is you can register 3 different accounts to use 3 codes - just make sure you log into the same EA account when you redeem the item."

[quote name='sevendead']You don't have to fully creates accounts. I just used the account I had then for the other two used ABC AB for a name and 123 A ST x city/x state for an address. I just made up a gmail email address and random password.[/QUOTE]

I was wondering why I got some random email from Dr. Pepper...;)

[quote name='A Happy Panda']I've used the first 3 codes with diff Dr. Pepper accounts but keep getting the visor and it says I've already gotten it...which I have. Halp?[/QUOTE]
Once you select the game, you have to then pic which item you want. Each code is good for 1 of the items, but not a specific item... if that makes sense.

[quote name='MSUHitman']What am I missing, you list 4 codes but you said there's only 3 items for ME 2?[/QUOTE]Pick another game, such as Sims 3, Spore or Battlefield Heroes.

[quote name='shrike4242']Pick another game, such as Sims 3, Spore or Battlefield Heroes.[/QUOTE]

Technically you can use the same code for every new account. But the original post I grabbed this from included four codes, so I figured "Why not?" At the very least, maybe if one of these stops working the others will still work.

OP I'm going to cut and paste this info over to my thread in the contest/freebie forum. Thanks, I'm sure the people there will appreciate.

[quote name='reddjoey']OP I'm going to cut and paste this info over to my thread in the contest/freebie forum. Thanks, I'm sure the people there will appreciate.[/QUOTE]

no problem :)

Thanks a lot. Just redeemed all 3 ME DLC's in the span of 10 minutes. Beats driving around looking for the bottles that don't seem to be available here.

[quote name='rainking187']Now I just need the Terminus armor. Anyone think these codes will still be good when the Bad Company 2 stuff goes up?[/QUOTE]

They might be available then but I'm not counting on it since BC2 is a full month away and Dr Pepper could make these void if they notice the abuse(the post is up to 4000 views). Plus don't forget Medal of Honor and Skate 3 will have DLC through this promo at the end of the year.

and thanks OP:applause:

Nice, got 'em. A question, though - can these be used if you are using the Blood Armor? It already has a "hood" (which I really don't like because then you can't see Shepard's face which is distracting during conversations). But maybe these apply underneath the armor or something... And can you use them all together or just one at a time?

[quote name='io']Nice, got 'em. A question, though - can these be used if you are using the Blood Armor? It already has a "hood" (which I really don't like because then you can't see Shepard's face which is distracting during conversations). But maybe these apply underneath the armor or something... And can you use them all together or just one at a time?[/QUOTE]

You obviously haven't played around with the armor menu in the game.

When you choose your armor style, it'll either be Piece by Piece (helmet, armor, legs etc...), or it'll be one of the promo "suits" (Collector's Edition, Inferno, BLood Dragon, Terminus). and when you have one of those, there's no customisation or additions that can be made.

thx for the code OP, good stuff.

That DrPepper.com/EA.com/Bioware.com redemption system is the most convuluted thing I ever saw. Kafka would be proud.

[quote name='munkapotamus']You obviously haven't played around with the armor menu in the game.

When you choose your armor style, it'll either be Piece by Piece (helmet, armor, legs etc...), or it'll be one of the promo "suits" (Collector's Edition, Inferno, BLood Dragon, Terminus). and when you have one of those, there's no customisation or additions that can be made.
[/QUOTE]

I have played around with it - though all I had was the "default" armor which could be color-changed, or the one "suit" (the Blood Dragon Armor). I didn't have any other pieces so I didn't know they could be mixed and matched. So, then, these are useless. Oh well...

Mad props OP, these were the only pieces of DLC I missed last week when Microsoft accidently leaked all the DLC free to the marketplace. You rule!

For those wondering what to do with extra codes, the other EA DLC options are:

Spore - Spore Bot Parts Pack [requires a registered Spore or Creature Creator Complete BEFORE you redeem]
small-DPB_rfl.jpg

Sims 3 - any 1 of 10 items [requires registered Sims 3 game]
Deejay's Delight
small-MaleDJTop.jpg

Criss Cross Party Top
small-FemaleTop.jpg

Pepper's Party Boots
small-FemaleBoots.jpg

Chic Cowgirl
small-FemaleCowboyHat.jpg

Classy Cowboy
small-MaleCowboyHat.jpg

Lips of Loveseat
small-loveseatVegasLips.jpg

Lagomorph in Neon
small-sculptureWallVegasNeonSign.jpg

The Time Passe Lounge
small-loveseatVegasRetro.jpg

Retro Ride
small-carVegasRetro.jpg

Burning Time Clock
small-clockWallVegasRetro.jpg

BF Heroes - Cliffhanger's Outfit set
small-January_Royal_Alpine_outfit.jpg
or Alpiner's Outfit set
small-January_National_Alpine_outfit.jpg
or some wallpapers (woohoo) [requires BF:H account]

& Thanks OP! I got all that free X360 DLC on launch, but need this stuff since I plan on playing the game on PC.

[quote name='Ryvvn']Thanks OP! Used the code way more than 3 times! Got all Mass Effect 2, Spore, and Sims 3 prize content![/QUOTE]
Oh my. How did you have the patience to do all that?! Although, I need all the same things... Some of those Sims 3 DLC seem worthless, though, so I'll just create a few more accounts and pick what seems more valuable.

[quote name='cheapo72']For those wondering what to do with extra codes, the other EA DLC options are:

Spore - Spore Bot Parts Pack [requires a registered Spore or Creature Creator Complete BEFORE you redeem]
small-DPB_rfl.jpg

Sims 3 - any 1 of 10 items [requires registered Sims 3 game]
Deejay's Delight
small-MaleDJTop.jpg

Criss Cross Party Top
small-FemaleTop.jpg

Pepper's Party Boots
small-FemaleBoots.jpg

Chic Cowgirl
small-FemaleCowboyHat.jpg

Classy Cowboy
small-MaleCowboyHat.jpg

Lips of Loveseat
small-loveseatVegasLips.jpg

Lagomorph in Neon
small-sculptureWallVegasNeonSign.jpg

The Time Passe Lounge
small-loveseatVegasRetro.jpg

Retro Ride
small-carVegasRetro.jpg

Burning Time Clock
small-clockWallVegasRetro.jpg

BF Heroes - Cliffhanger's Outfit set
small-January_Royal_Alpine_outfit.jpg
or Alpiner's Outfit set
small-January_National_Alpine_outfit.jpg
or some wallpapers (woohoo) [requires BF:H account]

& Thanks OP! I got all that free X360 DLC on launch, but need this stuff since I plan on playing the game on PC.[/QUOTE]
Thanks for this!
Edit: just noticed this info was already available in reddjoey's Contests & Free Stuff Dr Pepper & EA DLC (ME2, BFBC2, MoH, Skate 3, etc) - FREE CODES! thread.

bread's done
Back