Free Minecraft for 360

Crystal Shards

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Gaming community site Raptr is going to open their Raptr Rewards beta, a system where members of the service can gain “real rewards based on the games you play and the ranks you earn.” As an example, Raptr will be distributing 2500 free copies of Minecraft for Xbox Live Arcade. The reward goes live on May 10.

More information on how to obtain these rewards can be found here.

Raptr allows gamers to connect and see what they’re friends are playing and for how long in addition to other social networking functions (e.g. likes or dislikes, posting, tracking, etc). Since Gaming Bus began working with them, Raptr has been a wonderful editorial partner. Raptr Rewards is set to expand to include more rewards, such as hardware, more games, and a month of free Xbox Live access. Given the variety of the rewards and the potential for expansion, Raptr Rewards could see some significant success in the future. Rewards are distributed on a first-come, first-served basis, so newcomers are encouraged to sign up quickly.

Source: http://www.gamingbus.com/2012/05/09/minecraft-raptr-rewards/

Will be waiting on this. 2500 copies? Not bad. I think I like my odds. I wonder if this is gonna be a midnight type of thing where you have to be by the computer outrageously clicking to win a code. Oh well, Let the crafting begin.

Last edited by a moderator:
i think this will depend on ur profile with them and how u rank up on their site just like the other giveaways they have had in the past

I hope the codes wont just be given out at midnight and all be gone by the time I get there. It'll probably be like cmp2005 said ^^

so i'm a bit confused about how this works. Will everyone be eligible for this game, or do you need points to obtain it

where members of the service can gain “real rewards based on the games you play and the ranks you earn.” As an example, Raptr will be distributing 2500 free copies of Minecraft for Xbox Live Arcade. The reward goes live on May 10.

[quote name='cmp2005']where members of the service can gain “real rewards based on the games you play and the ranks you earn.” As an example, Raptr will be distributing 2500 free copies of Minecraft for Xbox Live Arcade. The reward goes live on May 10.[/QUOTE]

It says a first come first serve basis though, I hope it's not like the first 2500 people to claim them at a specific time. Most of us don't have the time to sit and wait all day

[quote name='garrett007']It says a first come first serve basis though, I hope it's not like the first 2500 people to claim them at a specific time. Most of us don't have the time to sit and wait all day[/QUOTE]
Damn these people with no lives just waiting for this at midnight VULTURES!!!

Yeah, I don't think someone random can just join today and receive Minecraft.

I think this is for people that have been signed for a while.

[quote name='ral1121']Yeah, I don't think someone random can just join today and receive Minecraft.

I think this is for people that have been signed for a while.[/QUOTE]

I hope so. I've been a member since 5/19/2010 and I really don't want someone who signed up today to beat me to the punch.

2500 does not sound like much, but still hope I can get one. I did get a limited beta code from a past Raptr promo. Thanks for sharing OP.

[quote name='rpmboy']I hope so. I've been a member since 5/19/2010 and I really don't want someone who signed up today to beat me to the punch.[/QUOTE]

I hope someone (me) who signed up today does beat you to the punch. 0:)

[quote name='musha666']I hope someone (me) who signed up today does beat you to the punch. 0:)[/QUOTE]

Why not sign up more than once, and get a handful of codes on release day. I'm only saying, what some ppl have been already thinking or doing. LOL!

I love raptr.

I hope I can get a code, I'm on 1000ms ping internet though so I doubt I'll be able to snag one before anyone else :/

[quote name='GenPirate']It's going to be a bitch and half just trying to get the site to load when this goes live.[/QUOTE]

It's already being a bitch.

It sounds like they will look at your profile to see what genres of games you have played and for how long and hand out codes based on that. So if I had to guess I would say you need a decent amount of time playing role-playing games.

[quote name='crazedimp321']It sounds like they will look at your profile to see what genres of games you have played and for how long and hand out codes based on that. So if I had to guess I would say you need a decent amount of time playing role-playing games.[/QUOTE]
That's what they have been doing with most of their rewards, but it sounds like you just need to have Xbox Live for this one. I'm not 100% sure though.

hmm i hope those aren't the requirements for a lot of people MC on xbox would be there first try at something like this unless you bought one of the indie game clones.

[quote name='unsteadycarrot']hmm i hope those aren't the requirements for a lot of people MC on xbox would be there first try at something like this unless you bought one of the indie game clones.[/QUOTE]

My thoughts as well.
I'd understand playing Minecraft PC being a requirement if they were giving away an add-on to the game or swag, but having it be a requirement to win the same game on a different platform would be dumb.

the requirements from the rewards page now state:

Raptr is giving away free copies of Minecraft on XBLA!
1) Be a Raptr member
2) Play games and track your hours with Raptr! For this particular reward, you might want to play Minecraft on your PC, recent XBLA games, or Minecraft-like games
3) Keep your eyes on your Rewards Dashboard May 10 before noon (PDT) to catch the reward when it goes live.

It doesn't looks like Raptr tracks my Minecraft time, I hope I still qualify. I do have Terraria and Total Miner: Forge, though.

Minecraft isn't even an option to add manually from the client, therefore I highly doubt it is a requirement for getting the XBLA version. On the site you can add it to your library but it won't track it.

[quote name='tankyroo']Minecraft isn't even an option to add manually from the client, therefore I highly doubt it is a requirement for getting the XBLA version. On the site you can add it to your library but it won't track it.[/QUOTE]

My Minecraft is being tracked by Raptr :whistle2:s

So what time does this rewards thing go live from the time of this post? Sorry, I'm an Aussie and all the U.S.'s timezones confuse the crap out of me.

After a quick google it is possible to get minecraft to track, what you do is:

Go to C:\Program Files\ and make a folder named "Minecraft" (without the quotes, and make sure the M is capitol) then place your Minecraft.exe (Again, make sure the M is capitol in that.) in it. The final destination should be "C:\Program Files\Minecraft\Minecraft.exe" (Even if you use Windows7 don't put it in (x86)) now either play Minecraft from there, or make a shortcut to the .exe in the folder you just created.

If it still doesn't track, try scanning for games with Raptr and then play it.

I hope this made sense, I typed it in a hurry.

Source (From Raptr's forums): http://raptr.com/forums/showthread.php?t=16813

[quote name='Captain Urahara']I simply played Minecraft for a few minutes while Raptr was running. No problems at all and it tracks just fine.[/QUOTE]
Huh, lucky you, didn't work for me :p

[quote name='tankyroo']Huh, lucky you, didn't work for me :p[/QUOTE]

I should ask are you just using the browser version or do you have the free desktop version as well?

[quote name='Captain Urahara']I should ask are you just using the browser version or do you have the free desktop version as well?[/QUOTE]
I'm using the desktop version.

[quote name='tankyroo']I'm using the desktop version.[/QUOTE]

Strange. Desktop version seemed to be what recognized it and then updated the browser version. So weird.

[quote name='FrankiBoy23']Raptr has updated the rewards page! http://raptr.com/rewards

1) Be a Raptr member
2) Play games and track your hours with Raptr! For this particular reward, you might want to play Minecraft on your PC, recent XBLA games, or Minecraft-like games
3) Keep your eyes on your Rewards Dashboard May 10 before noon (PDT) to catch the reward when it goes live.[/QUOTE]

I wish I knew what the 'Minecraft-like' games are.

I have maybe one game that could qualify for "Minecraft-like", so maybe I'll have a chance.
Way too many people are on Raptr though, so who knows.

bread's done
Back