Free month of Xbox Live Gold

zsciaeount

CAGiversary!
Just received an e-mail from Microsoft. They are offering a link to a code that gives you one free month of Xbox Live Gold. Not sure if this is a widespread deal or limited to select invites, but check your inboxes.

Since my brother pretty much just plays PS3, I logged into his account to see if his old Xbox Live account got one, unfortunately he didnt get nada. As for my code I redeemed it this morning and had no issues.

Anyone having trouble with using the code can send it to me and I'll see if it works for me. I'm a silver member, poor, and didn't receive a code :(

Got the code, put the code in and then got the message saying it was an invalid code. I then contacted Microsoft and they gave me a new code that worked...but when I redeemed the code I received two emails saying thank you for renewing my membership for 1 month and then another one for renewing my membership 12 month membership. The crappy thing is, my 12 month was renewed on Oct. of this year. So that means they charged me for two 12 month gold memberships >:[

I got one and I've been on Gold for about three years. Mine was about to expire in two days, but I don't know if that had anything to do with it. I was also in the last two dashboard betas.

I've been gold for 2 years, still have 2 years on there, and got it.

I was in the most recent dashboard beta as well FWIW.

This thread seems to be pretty random though. Hard to pin down any reason people are or aren't getting it.

I am paid up for over a year and still received the code. Would not work this morning as i was getting the error message which others have been reporting. However, I tried again just now and it went through. Can't complain about a free month.

Has anyone tested whether or not it's non-transferable as it says in the email? Being that it's just a code i have a hard time believing that.

Since i'm good for a few years was thinking about just giving it to a family member.

No code here yet... hoping I get one! My gold *just* ran out and I really want this week's games on sale...

[quote name='htz']I got a code in my email and I sold my launch 360 near the end of 2007. o_O[/QUOTE]

Can you PM me your code? I haven't received the email yet and I just got my xbox a few weeks ago.

[quote name='msk']Can you PM me your code? I haven't received the email yet and I just got my xbox a few weeks ago.[/QUOTE]

** Single-use token valid only for named recipient of this email. Limit: one (1) gift per person. This offer is nontransferable and is not redeemable for cash. Taxes, if any, are the sole responsibility of the recipient. Xbox 360 console must be connected to the Internet for the token to be redeemed.

I don't know if it can be shared due to those terms in the email but I PMed you the code anyways.

So does accepting this free month of gold membership mean you're signing away your right to sue Microsoft throughout the perpetuity of existence?

[quote name='redneckokie']Everyones getting points and free months and all I got was a damn shirt for my avatar that say 'Xbox (heart) you'[/QUOTE]

me too

wtf

[quote name='xGunCrazyx']Silver, got the email, and I have no use for it as I got rid of my 360 and have just been playing PC/3DS lately[/QUOTE]

Could you spare the code xGunCrazyx? My live just went to silver

[quote name='xGunCrazyx']Silver, got the email, and I have no use for it as I got rid of my 360 and have just been playing PC/3DS lately[/QUOTE]

*cough* feel free to send it my way... lol. Honestly, though, if anyone truly doesn't want theirs, I would be grateful to receive a code. Still hoping not all of the emails have gone out!

[quote name='redneckokie']Everyones getting points and free months and all I got was a damn shirt for my avatar that say 'Xbox (heart) you'[/QUOTE]
I got the 1 month xbox live gold, free ms points, and that avatar t-shirt. I wonder how microsoft decides who gets this stuff, seems all random to me.

Been gold for 2 years and got the email this morning. Also got the shirt from the Xbox live rewards email.

Been a member for 5-6 years and I got the email yesterday... i used it on my girlfriends account, as I am good till 2013...

bread's done
Back