Free movie ticket to Pirates 3

Thebobert5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
Best Buy has piles of free movie tickets to Pirates of the Caribbean 3. (Up to $7; expires June 19th)

The official sale is if you buy one of several movies, you get the coupon for free, but you don't have to actually buy anything to get the tickets. I grabbed several that were stuck together and stuck them in my pocket so I would have a list of the movies. Got home, and realized that the tickets were inside! (They are in cardboard sleeves. Kinda like the free AOL things.)

[quote name='Thebobert5']Best Buy has piles of free movie tickets to Pirates of the Caribbean 3. (Up to $7; expires June 19th)

The official sale is if you buy one of several movies, you get the coupon for free, but you don't have to actually buy anything to get the tickets. I grabbed several that were stuck together and stuck them in my pocket so I would have a list of the movies. Got home, and realized that the tickets were inside! (They are in cardboard sleeves. Kinda like the free AOL things.)[/quote]
Can you verify that they are free(you know, if you bought something and brought them to the register instead of stashing them in your pocket and walking out of the store)

I saw them at the counter this morning when I went to BB but I didn't get any so I don't know if you have to buy anything.

[quote name='starman9000']You have to buy one of the listed dvds. The OP stole them, they are 7$ each if you don't buy a qualifying dvd.[/quote]

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

[quote name='speedy1961']Well, technically starman9000 is right.[/quote]

I know he is right, but its jsut so funny to think about, how this guy goes in there, just grabs liek 3 of these things and hours later, he finds out he is a theif.

[quote name='speedy1961']Well, technically starman9000 is right.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I'm not sure whats so funny about it. They ring up as 7$ each. You might get a nice cashier who just tells you to take one, but grabbing them and leaving is not a deal. Most the stuff in the store is free if you use that method.

[quote name='help1']I know he is right, but its jsut so funny to think about, how this guy goes in there, just grabs liek 3 of these things and hours later, he finds out he is a theif.[/quote]

They may indeed be free - 300 tickets were free and didn't need anything else purchased a lil while ago and I believe some tickets before that were the same way.
It wouldn't be surprising but can't really tell from the situation the OP went through.

[quote name='Pookymeister']They may indeed be free - 300 tickets were free and didn't need anything else purchased a lil while ago and I believe some tickets before that were the same way.
It wouldn't be surprising but can't really tell from the situation the OP went through.[/QUOTE]

Nah, unfortunately these ones ring up at 7$. I tried to get one with a non-qualifying dvd (hoping it would be like the 300 situation).

[quote name='psincubus']what movies do you have to buy to get the tickets?[/quote]

The list is in the DVD Deals Forum under my weekly thread for this week: 5/20 - 5/26

So wait, the guy puts some in his pocket, doesn't get them scanned by the cashier and walks out of the store with them hidden away in his pocket...then calls them free? WTF kinda deal is that?

is it the $6.99 dvd's? i don't see any mention of a free Pirates movie tickets (in the thread or in the online ad for BB)

[quote name='psincubus']is it the $6.99 dvd's? i don't see any mention of a free Pirates movie tickets (in the thread or in the online ad for BB)[/quote]

The DVD's are all like $14.99 I think...and from what I remember of the list they're mostly DVD's that should easily be found for sub $10 prices, so the official BB deal is really not that great of one.

Here they are - all $14.99.

National Treasure
Remember The Titans: Director’s Cut
Glory Road
Swiss Family Robinson
20,000 Leagues Under The Sea: Special Edition
Armageddon
Coyote Ugly
The Rock
Crimson Tide
King Arthur
Gone In 60 Seconds: Unrated Director’s Cut
Enemy Of The State: Special Edition
Atlantis: The Lost Empire
Treasure Island
Pearl Harbor: 2 DVD Collector’s Edition
Peter Pan: 2 DVD Platinum Edition
Blackbeard’s Ghost
Pirates Of The Caribbean: Curse Of The Black Pearl
Pirates Of The Caribbean: Dead Man’s Chest

hahahahahha man that was a good laugh. Just reading the first post then starman's post made me laugh out loud xD. He just takes movie tickets, goes home and posts the "deal", and never realized he had to pay for them...

I'm looking at the sealed movie ticket right now and it says on the front "FREE Movie Certificate Inside to see Pirates of the Caribbean at World's End."

And on the back it says " FREE Movie Certifacte Inside" as well. I reall doubt he didn't realize they were in there until he got home.

You can get a free copy of Gears of War, too. Just stick it under your coat, and buzzsaw the platic holder off it when you get home.

[quote name='pinoy530']
And on the back it says " FREE Movie Certifacte Inside" as well. I reall doubt he didn't realize they were in there until he got home.[/QUOTE]

Not to mention they are sealed in plastic and have barcodes on them and he took multiple copies so that he could "check out eligible titles" at home.

[quote name='Thebobert5']Best Buy has piles of free movie tickets to Pirates of the Caribbean 3. (Up to $7; expires June 19th)

The official sale is if you buy one of several movies, you get the coupon for free, but you don't have to actually buy anything to get the tickets. I grabbed several that were stuck together and stuck them in my pocket so I would have a list of the movies. Got home, and realized that the tickets were inside! (They are in cardboard sleeves. Kinda like the free AOL things.)[/quote]

THIEF

[quote name='ddrisgood137']So if you buy any of the DVD's and get the tickets, can you return them later and keep the tickets?[/quote]

unfortunately, no. when you return the dvd later, the register will take $7 off of the total you get back unless you return the ticket as well. so if you pay $15, and return without the ticket, you'll only get $8 back. nothing gained.

[quote name='starman9000']Yeah, I'm not sure whats so funny about it. They ring up as 7$ each. You might get a nice cashier who just tells you to take one, but grabbing them and leaving is not a deal. Most the stuff in the store is free if you use that method.[/quote]

That reminds me of an episode of the Simpsons where Homer walks into a convenience store that gives samples, and grabs a handful of toothpicks, telling Bart "anything that has a toothpick in it is free!"

He then sticks a toothpick in a rotisseried chicken, devours it whole, and stabs a case of beer and lets the beer waterfall into his mouth. :beer:

:rofl:

Great job OP. :applause: Just kidding....

I guess the only thing to do now is walk into the store and tell customer service what happened and give the tickets back. Have money on hand in case they want cash for the tickets.

[quote name='Killer Rabbit']
I guess the only thing to do now is walk into the store and tell customer service what happened and give the tickets back. Have money on hand in case they want cash for the tickets.[/QUOTE]
Actually I would not advice doing that. The store could get the OP arrested for shoplifting.

I bought Armageddon for 9.99 on Saturday. The ticket rang up as 7.00 until the promotion screen popped up to make it free.

The next day I PMed the movie for 3.99 (Circuit City). So, I got a movie ticket and a DVD for $4. Great deal!

[quote name='62t']Actually I would not advice doing that. The store could get the OP arrested for shoplifting.[/quote]

Well, theoretically, they could have him arrested right now if they have security camera footage of him taking the tickets. But yeah, they could be jerks about it and press charges. Hopefully, though, they won't mind too much if he gives the tickets back or gives them the money (they'll more than likely demand the latter).

The moral of this story is: never stick something in your pocket when you're walking through a store. People might think you're stealing.

In this case those people would have been right. :razz:

I'm going to Best Buy tomorrow to get Pirates of the Carribean 1&2 on Blu-Ray. Any chance of getting two free movie tickets for purchasing them?

[quote name='Phaethon360']I'm going to Best Buy tomorrow to get Pirates of the Carribean 1&2 on Blu-Ray. Any chance of getting two free movie tickets for purchasing them?[/quote]

Ask them.

I don't see why not.

tried to get the tickets with the blu-rays, but it says on the back in huge letters "These free tickets are not available with purchase of the Blu-Ray Pirates." or something along those lines.

I tried anyway and was denied :(

Bottom line:

Buy a DVD/DVDs from the list and add tickets. Once you checkout after everything is scanned by an employee at the register the ticket is free. Went shopping during lunch and one Best Buy had none and didn't know what I was talking about since it was from lastweek's ad. The next Best Buy had them in displays next to the computer in the movies section.

Do not forget you can buy King arthur at BB and get Free movie Ticket. Turn around & get them Pricematch with CC knock it down $3.99 plus extra 10% off. Same as Peter Pan 2 Disc edtion... buy it for $15 with Free movie ticket & get them pricematch with CC for $13 plus extra 10% off lowest price. Also, i belived Enemy Of The State: Special Edition is $3.99 at CC.

[quote name='starman9000']You have to buy one of the listed dvds. The OP stole them, they are 7$ each if you don't buy a qualifying dvd.[/quote]well hey still cheaper than a normal ticket. The Regal I work at is $9.75 adult $8.50 student

[quote name='Masterkyo']Do not forget you can buy King arthur at BB and get Free movie Ticket. Turn around & get them Pricematch with CC knock it down $3.99 plus extra 10% off. Same as Peter Pan 2 Disc edtion... buy it for $15 with Free movie ticket & get them pricematch with CC for $13 plus extra 10% off lowest price. Also, i belived Enemy Of The State: Special Edition is $3.99 at CC.[/QUOTE]

So I purchase King Arthur and the ticket, take the ticket out to my car, then walk back in and price match King Arthur?

it's like the episode of Seinfeld
George : "I don't know who buys umbrellas? You can just get them free from the little cans in coffee shops."
Jerry : "Those belong to people"

[quote name='Wolfkin']well hey still cheaper than a normal ticket. The Regal I work at is $9.75 adult $8.50 student[/QUOTE]
I'm guessing the ticket would only get you a 7 dollar discount or something. Because those usually have a max amount it can be redeemed for, and in this case, it's probably $7.

also back when i lived in maryland my muvico wouldn't ever take those tickets for new run movies the movie had to be out 3-4 weeks before anything like that was accepted.

[quote name='Masterkyo']Do not forget you can buy King arthur at BB and get Free movie Ticket. Turn around & get them Pricematch with CC knock it down $3.99 plus extra 10% off. Same as Peter Pan 2 Disc edtion... buy it for $15 with Free movie ticket & get them pricematch with CC for $13 plus extra 10% off lowest price. Also, i belived Enemy Of The State: Special Edition is $3.99 at CC.[/quote]

Damn, this is great!
Of King Arthur and PP2, which do you recommend? I'm a cartoon/disney/dreamworks fan...

bread's done
Back