Free NIN Album!!!!!!

matrixcaptain84

CAGiversary!
As of today May 5th, Nine Inch Nails has released a new album "Slip" and is offering it FREE of charge on www.nin.com. Go pick it up, they are offering it in several quality options:

- High Quality MP3 (320kbps)

- FLAC Lossless

- Apple Lossless

- High Definition WAVE 24-bit/ 96kHz (For all you audiophiles out there)

You can download one of the 4 options, or all of them. Have at it and enjoy!!

---------------- Now playing: Nine Inch Nails - Discipline via FoxyTunes

Im not the biggest NIN fan but you have to admit this is cool of him to do. First with that Ghost stuff and now this? I hope more bands follow the leader and we see the end of the Record Industry (bunch of no talent leeches) in the near future:)

I knew this was coming (should've posted about it), downloaded this morning and listened to it on my way into work. Great stuff here, I wish he had a link up to donate, I feel guilty for listening to his hard work and not paying for it, but I'll be glad to support him when he rolls around to cleveland in late august!

I'll be there in Cleveland too.
I still haven't received my download link, it's been a little more than an hour. Anyone else having that problem??

[quote name='mmercer13']I'll be there in Cleveland too.
I still haven't received my download link, it's been a little more than an hour. Anyone else having that problem??[/QUOTE]

Yeah its been about an hour for me too and no link. I hope I can get it before I leave for class at 12:30.

I got my link within seconds, but that was at 6am this morning...I'm sure they're throttling to make sure it's not another Ghosts fiasco

[quote name='geekpimpfx']I got my link within seconds, but that was at 6am this morning...I'm sure they're throttling to make sure it's not another Ghosts fiasco[/quote]

What happened with that?

Mine took all day to get... wound up just snagging a torrent.

Album is good, but by far no the best.

I doubt I'll like this album (unless it's really, really similar to Ghosts), but I gotta say, this guy refuses to lay down. He just keeps on showin up the rest of the business, and it's amazing.

[quote name='decrot']how is this a free CD?[/QUOTE]

Replace "CD" with "Album."

You know how the kids are, these days. The terms are pretty much interchangeable, to most of em...

[quote name='karmapolice']Been looking forward to it, but I had totally forgotten.[/QUOTE]
Um, they only announced the album yesterday (or rather, they announced there would be a surprise on their website on the 5th)...

[quote name='CoffeeEdge']Um, they only announced the album yesterday (or rather, they announced there would be a surprise on their website on the 5th)...[/QUOTE]

I think most of us assumed an album of some sorts was coming after they put the first song up on the website a few weeks back.

Anywho, this is awesome - I've been listening to Discipline ever since I grabbed it, and I love it, so if the rest of the album is similar to that this should be a good one. This really encourages me to pickup the few NIN albums I don't own now (With Teeth, Year Zero, the YZ remix album, and I may even snag Ghosts).

[quote name='argyle']I think most of us assumed an album of some sorts was coming after they put the first song up on the website a few weeks back.

Anywho, this is awesome - I've been listening to Discipline ever since I grabbed it, and I love it, so if the rest of the album is similar to that this should be a good one. This really encourages me to pickup the few NIN albums I don't own now (With Teeth, Year Zero, the YZ remix album, and I may even snag Ghosts).[/quote]

I wouldn't mind picking up the couple early albums of his that I don't have or have broken. By the way, Year Zero is the best of the lot you've mentioned, followed by With Teeth and then Ghosts. I thought the YZ remix was just Ok. Wasn't too impressed by some of the remixes on it.

[quote name='hiccupleftovers']I wouldn't mind picking up the couple early albums of his that I don't have or have broken. By the way, Year Zero is the best of the lot you've mentioned, followed by With Teeth and then Ghosts. I thought the YZ remix was just Ok. Wasn't too impressed by some of the remixes on it.[/QUOTE]

Well, I've heard them all, and With Teeth is my favorite of that list. I don't think I've ever really been impressed by the remix albums (Things Falling Apart was probably the best of them).

[quote name='argyle']Well, I've heard them all, and With Teeth is my favorite of that list. I don't think I've ever really been impressed by the remix albums (Things Falling Apart was probably the best of them).[/quote]

The Fragile has got to be the best IMO. everything after that seems to be phoned in now. his sound is very simplistic. I dunno if its because of the drugs (or lack thereof) that has changed his sound.

[quote name='decrot']The Fragile has got to be the best IMO. everything after that seems to be phoned in now. his sound is very simplistic. I dunno if its because of the drugs (or lack thereof) that has changed his sound.[/quote]

This.

I've greatly enjoyed YZ and [wt], but they're not quite on the same shelf ans Pretty Hate Machine and The Fragile/Frail.

bread's done
Back