Free Oakley Shades

[quote name='EarthBoundX5']what is SD so full of assholes and morons?![/QUOTE]

You know when it got the the warehouse and some guy making $8 hour is gonna care that he is shipping 10 pairs of glasses out too... ha... so, why not just go ahead and tell customer service before that happens. Geeze.

[quote name='r3dreck']Registrant:
Oakley Direct, Inc.
1 Icon
Foothill Ranch, CA 92610
US
949-672-6973

Domain Name: OAKLEYVAULT.COM

Administrative Contact:
Domain, Administrator [email protected]
1 Icon
Foothill Ranch, CA 92610
US
949-672-6973

Technical Contact:
Domain, Administrator [email protected]
1 Icon
Foothill Ranch, CA 92610
US
949-672-6973

http://www.oakley.com/customer-care/directions

OAKLEY USA CORPORATE HEADQUARTERS
1 Icon
Foothill Ranch, California 92610
USA[/QUOTE]

ok ok so your a little better at it than me =p

[quote name='floormat']ok ok so your a little better at it than me =p[/QUOTE]

I had already checked since I was worried they where trying to just get personal info and CCs.

[quote name='floormat']according to www.oakley.com oakleyvault is a legitimate site. i called oakley.com. at least thats good. and no i did not ask them about the 0 price[/QUOTE]

The Oakley Vault is the Outlet store for Oakley products owned by Oakley. They had retail stores in the US.

Just received an e-mail:

Hi [Blade]

CUSTOMER NUMBER: [xxxxxxxx]

I wanted to write to you as I’m sure you noticed that when you made your recent purchase from OakleyVault.com this coincided with an unforeseen pricing error on our site. I appreciate your loyalty to the Oakley brand and we will honor one of the mis-priced items free of charge.

The remaining items that were priced in error will be removed from your order shortly so that the complimentary product can be processed. Please look for an email shipping confirmation in the next 48-hours with tracking and carrier information.

If you wish to resubmit any part of your original order at the correct pricing, we plan to have these available once again at OakleyVault.com by the end of this week. I apologize for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding. If you have any questions about this email, please contact our Customer Care Center at (800) 403-7449 for further assistance.

This is really strange. Hacked? Disgruntled employee? They're honoring the pricing error, but I'm still going to keep an eye on my bank account...

Did you guys get the email from Mark Ashley? Thats who my email was from stating the same as in previous post. One less thing I need to get my wife for Christmas.

Darn. I just had to get greedy. :( I put two different pairs in there, the same ones, just different colors. Now I don't know which color I'll receive.

[quote name='EarthBoundX5']I also got the email....question for me is how much are we gonna pay for shipping? I mean the price of 1 pair is different than multiple.[/QUOTE]

Email said free of charge, so I'm gonna say no shipping at all.

they charged me twice... once for the original shipping charge and the other they charged me $1.00. something doesn't add up...

I got the same email confirming that they will honor the price mistake. But I checked my credit card and Oakley placed four separate $1 temporary charges on it, in addition to the $3.xx for shipping. Anybody know what are the purpose of those $1 charges?

I only did 1. So, I guess that means I get the ugly glasses? The Deception or whatever? Probably will keep. Hell, Oakley can't sell them and are giving them away.

[quote name='CAG90210']I got the same email confirming that they will honor the price mistake. But I checked my credit card and Oakley placed four separate $1 temporary charges on it, in addition to the $3.xx for shipping. Anybody know what are the purpose of those $1 charges?[/QUOTE]

I got the same charge.... I sent an email about it so hopefully I get an answer tmr.. x_x

I also ordered two pairs in different colors. It's cool that they're even going as far as giving us one pair when they could give us nothing and we'd have to like it. I ordered other stuff, so I was getting something either way, but this is pretty damn cool on their part.

[quote name='ken9']they charged me twice... once for the original shipping charge and the other they charged me $1.00. something doesn't add up...[/QUOTE]

Have those charges actually posted to your card? The one dollar charge just feels like an authorization.

[quote name='Parkerktm']fuckkk you people are paranoid. The site is as legit as you can get, calm down.[/QUOTE]

You would be a easy target then even LEGIT stores online do evil things to the masses sometimes. I would google for more info about past sales screwing over a bunch of people it does happen. If you get nailed with a full charge for 10x pair's i will not feel sorry for you just the others and myself. Then i file a claim with my bank for fraud and get my money back.

I got the same email. Can't say I'm surprised. I'm just happy they are sending one pair for free, not many places would honor a price mistake like that.

Wow this is really cool that they are honoring for at least 1 pair, but I hope they get the vintage 4 back in since I would actually pay for a pair of them but free would have been better.

Dang I should have put both styles in... would have ended up with 2 instead of 1 ha... ebay here I come, hope to at least get $20 for them.

sent them an email and heres my response:
Hello ,

The notices you see on your credit card statement are authorizations from the order. These are not actual charges, and will drop off in a few days. Rest assure that we will be sending you the item Oakley Deception Satin Black w/Warm Grey at no charge. Thank you for your time, and have a good day.

Marc Jayco
Oakley Customer Care | www.oakley.com

so I guess that extra charge wasn't any shady business then lawl, good to know their still shipping it out!

So, anyone get a shipping email yet? I ordered a hoodie and jacket and those shipped, but the sunglasses are not part of the package, a little weird if they're already shipping a package my way. Why bother shipping a second package and spending a couple bucks more, when you could just shove it in the box with my other things?

[quote name='Redeema']So, anyone get a shipping email yet? I ordered a hoodie and jacket and those shipped, but the sunglasses are not part of the package, a little weird if they're already shipping a package my way. Why bother shipping a second package and spending a couple bucks more, when you could just shove it in the box with my other things?[/QUOTE]

Probably something to do with inventory and they didn't want you to wait for everything when some was readily available.

[quote name='EarthBoundX5']I also got the email....question for me is how much are we gonna pay for shipping? I mean the price of 1 pair is different than multiple.[/QUOTE]

You must have ordered a lot of pairs, then. I tried for two: one for my wife, and one for my mother-in-law. They both wear those freaky-huge sunglasses. The shipping rate was the same for 1 or 2 pairs as I updated my cart. It looks like they'll be sorting out the orders on Friday. I don't know which color will come, but I'm not about to be picky.

Just got my shipping confirmation, too. Hours after getting the one for my real purchase which will be here tomorrow. Weird that they'd waste money to make a second shipment for a pricing error that will cost them even more money.

bread's done
Back