FREE origin games!

[quote name='Captain Urahara']I was only able to grab 1 on the Origin client itself, and then 1 on Firefox. Tried grabbing another on Chrome and it gave me the invalid code message.[/QUOTE]
How did you get two? when i tried to get one on the client it dosen't work.

[quote name='iRandom']Is this PC download only? does it work on console games? trying now but server is too slow[/QUOTE]

It seems to only be for PC downloads.

[quote name='Gamer44']It seems to only be for PC downloads.[/QUOTE]

If that's the case then good luck to those trying and awesome to those who got in. I don't have a PC that can run games even at decent settings so it'll be a pass for me.

Also been trying to check out NFS HP on the 360 using the code but it doesn't seem to be working. the price doesn't change...

Do you guys think we will get to keep these games? i mean .. it would be cool but :p with a proxy you can pick as many as you want

[quote name='Kolma']I picked up Need For Speed: Hot Pursuit, Shift 2 Unleashed, and Mass Effect 2.
Mass Effect 1 won't work for me (possibly cause it's 14.99)[/QUOTE]

i got battlefield 2142 for free which was $14.99. worked for me!

I ended up getting Mirrors Edge, Mercenaries 2: World in Flames and Burnout Paradise: The Ultimate Box before they seemed to fix that work around.

[quote name='praxus07']Not a PC gamer so even free I'll pass on this, but kudos to anyone else getting games for free.[/QUOTE]

same here

Just seen on another forum, a new work around and it worked.

Log out of your account, find a game that the coupon code works on.
Add the game to your guest cart and use the coupon code.
Delete the game from your cart.
The game should now show up as $0 and you can download it.

I tried it with FIFA Soccer 12 and it worked fine.

If this post is possibly against the rules, please let me know.

http://store.origin.com/?ipr=ty
Without log-in
Choose a Game
Apply the Discount Code OS3874XVC
Delete the game from the cart.
Login now
Search the game again and "buy" it for 0$.
Wait for the order confirmation email and of course, the game.
Log out then repeat.

^ Follow these instructions for getting multiple games on one account.

I did this an hour ago and it worked just fine, but now even with brand new account it's saying it's an invalid promo code. Possibly they caught on?

[quote name='overblood']but it saids the code expiers on october 28[/QUOTE]

when you get a bunch of people redeeming the code for multiple games, EA is bound to take notice and end the promo
it's to be expected.

[quote name='Xuang']Awwww I didn't get anything either all I wanted was spore :/[/QUOTE]

All I wanted was a Pepsi. Just ONE Pepsi and you wouldn't give it to me!

[quote name='LoganDX']So glad this got abused and raped. Is it so much to not destroy it for everyone else?[/QUOTE]

It wasn't ruined. You had two days to use your code; don't bitch about it when you had the opportunity to use it and didn't.

[quote name='techtonic']FYI in case some people who took a bunch of games and are worried their games would get revoked. Looks like EA will not do anything.
http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/60/9040620.page[/QUOTE]

It's a publicity stunt, anyway. They did the same thing on 11/21 last year and on 12/22 in 2010; I have over 40 games I got for free from them now, including a few free single purchases between then and now. They are intentionally making the same "mistake" multiple times because they need the exposure and client traffic. It costs them mere pennies to let us download their software, and digital downloads are infinitely distributable. It's not like we're running the company under.

[quote name='Blade']It's a publicity stunt, anyway. They did the same thing on 11/21 last year and on 12/22 in 2010; I have over 40 games I got for free from them now, including a few free single purchases between then and now. They are intentionally making the same "mistake" multiple times because they need the exposure and client traffic. It costs them mere pennies to let us download their software, and digital downloads are infinitely distributable. It's not like we're running the company under.[/QUOTE]
Hmm, not sure it was a publicity stunt. If you look at that EA forum, people are complaining they ended the promotion early and can't get their game even though they took the survey. The way it went down, it looked like EA was scrambling over the weekend.
1. Code went viral. People could buy a bunch of games.
2. Few hours later, EA tried to fix it to allow only one game per purchase.
3. People found an exploit for that.
4. EA shut down the whole promotion code after about 18-24ish hours.
I work at company dealing with digital transactions and believe me people try to hack the systems to get free stuff and the company doesn't just go oh well. Yes, it doesn't mean that much for EA's bottom line but they don't take this stuff lightly. This is true for iTunes, Amazon, Origin, Steam, Facebook, Google Play, etc. I'm pretty sure someone/groups in EA are going to get yelled at Monday.

Looks like you guys don't have to worry about your games being pulled.
Now I wish I had taken more advantage of this thing instead of the one measly game I got.

http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/60/9040620.page#25426225
--------------------------------------------------
EA_QforQ
Community Manager

Hi everyone,

The coupon code is now expired; we’ll honor all sales made with the coupon code over the weekend and hope fans enjoy their games.

Thanks,
Sam "QforQ" Houston
--------------------------------------------------

Darn if I knew this I would not have wasted the time with the survey and just got a bunch of games instead of just one. Does not matter too much as I already own most of the games that have over 80 on metacritic anyways.

[quote name='Blade']It wasn't ruined. You had two days to use your code; don't bitch about it when you had the opportunity to use it and didn't.[/QUOTE]

It was scheduled to run until Oct 28th, since the promo didn't run until then it was ruined. That seems to be the running theme anymore: rape, rape, rape before anyone else gets a chance. Which is sad because it wasn't always like this.
I certainly didn't have two days to use the code. I popped in on the site one day after the thread was started. I'm not sitting on CAG 24 hours a day, although I guess I should if I want in on anything good.

[quote name='LoganDX']It was scheduled to run until Oct 28th, since the promo didn't run until then it was ruined. That seems to be the running theme anymore: rape, rape, rape before anyone else gets a chance. Which is sad because it wasn't always like this.
I certainly didn't have two days to use the code. I popped in on the site one day after the thread was started. I'm not sitting on CAG 24 hours a day, although I guess I should if I want in on anything good.[/QUOTE]

Ditto here, I actually filled out the survey and was waiting until i got home to order, and now i get nada.

Is it legal to gift my second account with some games to someone? because I already have the games on my main account.

I love the "I can't live on CAG" comments.

It takes what, 15 seconds to get on the site and skim through the 'Contests & Free Stuff'.

Phew man, that's liven.

[quote name='bosanac']Is it legal to gift my second account with some games to someone? because I already have the games on my main account.[/QUOTE]

No, but I have a question for you..

How do you gift games on Origin?

[quote name='BigBob']No, but I have a question for you..

How do you gift games on Origin?[/QUOTE]

You can't as far as I know.

[quote name='techtonic']Hmm, not sure it was a publicity stunt. If you look at that EA forum, people are complaining they ended the promotion early and can't get their game even though they took the survey. The way it went down, it looked like EA was scrambling over the weekend.
1. Code went viral. People could buy a bunch of games.
2. Few hours later, EA tried to fix it to allow only one game per purchase.
3. People found an exploit for that.
4. EA shut down the whole promotion code after about 18-24ish hours.
I work at company dealing with digital transactions and believe me people try to hack the systems to get free stuff and the company doesn't just go oh well. Yes, it doesn't mean that much for EA's bottom line but they don't take this stuff lightly. This is true for iTunes, Amazon, Origin, Steam, Facebook, Google Play, etc. I'm pretty sure someone/groups in EA are going to get yelled at Monday.[/QUOTE]

While that might be true, I think we'll see this happen again soon. Most companies would've changed the way their shopping cart works during the first exploit two years ago; I'm skeptical of why it continues to happen. Their programmers must be really bad.

bread's done
Back