FREE origin games!

[quote name='BigBob']I love the "I can't live on CAG" comments.

It takes what, 15 seconds to get on the site and skim through the 'Contests & Free Stuff'.

Phew man, that's liven.[/QUOTE]

Some of us actually have stuff to do rather then go to this website and look for these "deals" every second of every day.

[quote name='jacerx']Some of us actually have stuff to do rather then go to this website and look for these "deals" every second of every day.[/QUOTE]

So, how is 15 seconds of your day "every second of the day"?

Please, explain to me how 15 seconds is taking so much time out of your day that you wouldn't be able to get anything else done.

Ever have a cell phone on you and have to take a shit? Oh wait, you probably don't ever go to the bathroom because it takes so much time out of your day. Silly me.

[quote name='jacerx']Some of us actually have stuff to do rather then go to this website and look for these "deals" every second of every day.[/QUOTE]

Would you like to complain about all the other deals you have missed because you weren't on CAG all the time because quite frankly deals come and go all the time. It isn't about being on here all the time it is just being on here at the right time. You could be offline for 3 months and then could have jumped on the moment this popped up.

I feel like people could spend their time somewhat better by not complaining about things like this because a) this happens all the time and b) next time it could be the exact opposite, as in they get it and others don't. It is just luck of the draw and if we complained about every thing that is related to luck we would complain until we died.

EA to users: Good news and bad news. The good news is that you get to keep the games and we won't do anything. The bad news is we left a little present called SecuROM on your computer.

Anyone know which Origin games use DRM?

[quote name='techtonic']EA to users: Good news and bad news. The good news is that you get to keep the games and we won't do anything. The bad news is we left a little present called SecuROM on your computer.

Anyone know which Origin games use DRM?[/QUOTE]

Scare tactic.

[quote name='LoganDX']So glad this got abused and raped. Is it so much to not destroy it for everyone else?[/QUOTE]

Welcome to the internet. Enjoy your stay.

[quote name='Kaltic']I feel like people could spend their time somewhat better by not complaining about things like this because a) this happens all the time and b) next time it could be the exact opposite, as in they get it and others don't. It is just luck of the draw and if we complained about every thing that is related to luck we would complain until we died.[/QUOTE]

QFT. I've missed stuff. And when I did I didn't get my undies all bunched up like the whiners out there over this particular one. This self-entitled bullshit people keep exemplifying is sickening. They should be DAMN thankful that they are going to supply codes to anyone who completed the survey. They didn't have to do anything, they were under no obligation to do so.

[quote name='overlordmike']what is this so called securom they threatened that they put on our computers?[/QUOTE]

Websites: www2.securom.com, www.sonydadc.com
Operated by: Sony Digital Audio Disc Corporation (DADC)

About SecuROM: SecuROM is a DRM service that is developed, operated and owned by Sony DADC Austria. SecuROM is comprised of a number of DRM solutions, ranging from its serial key / disc verification system, right up to its online activation platform, which, in itself, can be implemented as a try-before-buy platform, pre-release date checker and/or as an online verification system. SecuROM also provides a service to package and distribute downloable content (DLCs) and game patches. Each of these services can either act in isolation or as a package as requested by their clients.

DRM characteristics: Serial key / Disc verification; Time-based activation; Pre-release date check; Serial key / Online activation; Hardware-binding activation.

Relevant documentation: Release Date Check, Sony DADC's Marketing Material, SecuROM Customer Support Page, SecuROM's FAQ Page.

Known issues for PC gamers as found by RYG:

• Earlier versions of SecuROM 7+ can have hardware-binding capabilities, which will affect activation limits;
  • Will install hardware-binding drivers;
  • Will reinstall problematic and specific registry keys if not removed properly;
  • Can blacklist certain diagnostic softwares;
  • Can blacklist certain disc-emulation and/or disc-copying softwares;
  • Can reconnect to in-house servers upon each game launch even after a successful online activation has been made;
  • Later version of SecuROM 7-8+ will perform dual online activations: 1) to determine the validity of the game's executable and 2) to determine if the game was purchased before the general release date;
  • Will leave activation information on users systems, even after a successful deactivation of the game itself;
  • Known to have performance-degrading issues in comparison to a DRM-free copy of the same game;
  • Inconsistent support pages, particularly if developers and/or publishers opt to implement their dedicated SecuROM-support pages;
  • Inconsistent customer / technical support

RYG's assessment of SecuROM: Please refer to the following PC games evaluated by RYG that were implemented with SecuROM:

• Batman: Arkham Asylum
  • Battlefield: Bad Company 2 (Disc)
  • Battlefield: Bad Company 2 (Online)
  • Bioshock 2
  • Crysis
  • Crysis: Warhead
  • Dead Space
  • Dead Space 2
  • Dragon Age 2
  • Fallout 3
  • FUEL
  • Gothic 4: Arcania
  • GTA: Episodes From Liberty City
  • Mass Effect 3
  • Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising
  • Race Driver: GRID
  • Sacred 2
  • Split/Second Velocity
  • Spore
  • Wall.E
  • Witcher 2: Assassin of Kings

Useful Links for PC Gamers: How to detect SecuROM, How to remove SecuROM by RYG, RYG's SecuROM 7+ List, RYG's analysis of SecuROM in Dragon Age 2.

Basically, SecuROM is a textbook anti-piracy program that comes bundled with certain games. It's not Origin-specific as games on Amazon and Steam also have it. If you want to play digital versions of any of the above games, you will have to use SecuROM.

I just tried the code I got in 'consolation' since the other promo was ended, it didn't work. Went to talk to the CU rep and they said that again, due to the overabuse of the codes, it's ended. Origin needs to get the shit striaght so peoplethat legitiamtely want to get a single game don't get fucked around.

[quote name='Attikus']I just tried the code I got in 'consolation' since the other promo was ended, it didn't work. Went to talk to the CU rep and they said that again, due to the overabuse of the codes, it's ended. Origin needs to get the shit striaght so peoplethat legitiamtely want to get a single game don't get fucked around.[/QUOTE]you do know it is only good on downloadable games right

[quote name='overblood']you do know it is only good on downloadable games right[/QUOTE]
Considering it doesn't say that anywhere in the promo email i got, no I didn't know that.

*THIS OFFER IS BEING ISSUED TO YOU FOR PROMOTIONAL PURPOSES ONLY AND DOES NOT CONSTITUTE A CREDIT, CHARGE, DEBIT OR GIFT CARD. OFFER EXPIRES OCTOBER 21, 2012, 11:59 PM PACIFIC TIME. DISCOUNT CODE EXPIRES OCTOBER 21, 2012, 11:59 PM PACIFIC TIME. DISCOUNT CODE EXPIRES OCTOBER 21, 2012. GOOD ONLY FOR NEW PURCHASES OF $19.99 OR MORE FROM THE ORIGIN STORE AT WWW.ORIGIN.COM AND THE ORIGIN CLIENT SOFTWARE (WWW.ORIGIN.COM/ABOUT). EXCLUDES STAR WARS® THE OLD REPUBLIC™, PRE-ORDERS, GAMES RELEASED WITHIN 30 DAYS OF PURCHASE, VALVE GAMES, SELECT PARTNER TITLES DISTRIBUTED BY ORIGIN, VIRTUAL CURRENCY AND GAME TIME CODES.

[quote name='Attikus']Considering it doesn't say that anywhere in the promo email i got, no I didn't know that.

*THIS OFFER IS BEING ISSUED TO YOU FOR PROMOTIONAL PURPOSES ONLY AND DOES NOT CONSTITUTE A CREDIT, CHARGE, DEBIT OR GIFT CARD. OFFER EXPIRES OCTOBER 21, 2012, 11:59 PM PACIFIC TIME. DISCOUNT CODE EXPIRES OCTOBER 21, 2012, 11:59 PM PACIFIC TIME. DISCOUNT CODE EXPIRES OCTOBER 21, 2012. GOOD ONLY FOR NEW PURCHASES OF $19.99 OR MORE FROM THE ORIGIN STORE AT WWW.ORIGIN.COM AND THE ORIGIN CLIENT SOFTWARE (WWW.ORIGIN.COM/ABOUT). EXCLUDES STAR WARS® THE OLD REPUBLIC™, PRE-ORDERS, GAMES RELEASED WITHIN 30 DAYS OF PURCHASE, VALVE GAMES, SELECT PARTNER TITLES DISTRIBUTED BY ORIGIN, VIRTUAL CURRENCY AND GAME TIME CODES.[/QUOTE]
yeh I know I wanted alice for the 360 but the code only works on downloadable games

[quote name='BigBob']This is dead, it was dead after about 24 hours.[/QUOTE]
it isn't dead they e-mailed codes today to people that actually did the servey

But the universal code is now dead.

Unless there is a link to the survey anyone can take? Or the new codes sent out were also universal.

Last edited by a moderator:
Any suggesstions on what to use this on? I already have BF 2142 DE, Battlefield 2 collection, Bulletstorm, CandC4, Red alert 3, Red alert 3 uprising, Crysis, Crysis warhead, dark spore, dead space 2, Dragon age 2, dragon age origins, dragon age awakening, mass effect 2, sim city 4, sim city societies, sim city destination, some sims 3 expansions.

Throw me any recommendations that would be a great game to play through for free that I don't have up there

Just a heads up, if you get hold of a code and not from the States. Add the games to your cart, use the coupon, then get off the site and use the us site link, then you can buy them with no issues.

Just picked up Battlefield 3 and NFS: Undercover.

[quote name='Tezuz']anyone have the link of the survey or how i can get it?
i dont have any idea where is that survey[/QUOTE]

The survey is over, it's what the original exploited code came from. They're just sending codes to people who actually completed the survey because some people may not have had the chance to use it before the code got disabled due to abuse.

[quote name='RAY16']The survey is over, it's what the original exploited code came from. They're just sending codes to people who actually completed the survey because some people may not have had the chance to use it before the code got disabled due to abuse.[/QUOTE]

Indeed. I couldn't use it and I got Origin's new code today. I got Dead Space for it :)

[quote name='despair1991']If someone doesn't plan to use their code, I would greatly appreciate it if you could pm me.[/QUOTE]

Yes please lets beg. In a part of the forum where you're expressly asked not to. There is more than a few at this point that are doing it.

If your asking for free stuff there is a area for that:
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=181388&page=90

This may not help you get the survey. But it will insure hopefully you don't miss out in the future.

If anybody is wondering why they did not receive emails about the survey its probably because you do not have it set to allow emails about promotions from EA(possibly)

go to: http://ea.com/profile
Login using your origin login, once you have done that look for a box that says contact preferences make sure the checkbox for Contact me about EA's products, news, events and promotions. is checked. If its check I would gripe to EA ask why you did not receive it.

[quote name='steelcurtain11']Any suggesstions on what to use this on? I already have BF 2142 DE, Battlefield 2 collection, Bulletstorm, CandC4, Red alert 3, Red alert 3 uprising, Crysis, Crysis warhead, dark spore, dead space 2, Dragon age 2, dragon age origins, dragon age awakening, mass effect 2, sim city 4, sim city societies, sim city destination, some sims 3 expansions.

Throw me any recommendations that would be a great game to play through for free that I don't have up there[/QUOTE]

The first game I grabbed was The Saboteur, I'm really enjoying it. It's a fun free-roam game, killin Nazis and whatnot.

I have my spare if somebody wants it. I can't use it for 360 games so it's useless to me. I'll gladly accept trades as well, but not going to be a dick about it, who wants it?

If you don't mind I could use it to pick up a game for my sister on their computer, if not that's fine though. Thanks for the generosity either way!

[quote name='Attikus']I have my spare if somebody wants it. I can't use it for 360 games so it's useless to me. I'll gladly accept trades as well, but not going to be a dick about it, who wants it?[/QUOTE]

Can I have it? I want Dead Space 2. :( Thanks in advance.

[quote name='dmzauk']Here's my code: [FONT=&quot]6f6e3464yafq5rjmbe[/FONT]

E
njoy
[/QUOTE]

I was too late. Thanks anyway

I'd like a code if someone doesn't feel like using theirs pretty please. I never got the email because I didn't have the promotion thing checked. :(

[quote name='Attikus']I have my spare if somebody wants it. I can't use it for 360 games so it's useless to me. I'll gladly accept trades as well, but not going to be a dick about it, who wants it?[/QUOTE]

Thanks a lot for the code, man. I really appreciate it!

[quote name='he1l1o']Are you serious?! my code doesn't work? BS[/QUOTE]

My code doesn't work either T_T

[quote name='he1l1o']Are you serious?! my code doesn't work? BS[/QUOTE]

Try it with other game, it seems that it works with some games...

bread's done
Back